Books About Disneyworld / Disney...

speedyf

DIS Veteran
I am looking for recommendations for a couple of books about Disneyworld or Disney in general. I'm not looking for touring type books like Unofficial Guide or Passporter.

I'd like to read something about the history behind Disneyworld...building it...etc...or the history about some of the attractions. I'm really not that particular, but I do like to know how things work. I'd also like to read about some of the behind the scenes stuff possibly from former cast members, etc.

I'm thinking that some of the Imagineering Guide To "Insert Park Here" would probably be a good start, but I wanted to get any opinions. I'd like to just get something different than socks, underwear, and ties for Christmas...lol.

Thanks....
Speed :teleport:

The books you are talking about are really cool. I have two of them and they were a fun read. If I were you, I'd do a Disney World search on the Books A Million website. They have a lot of different books online.

DH, really liked the
The Imagineering Field Guid to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. The Disney Hollywood Studios Guid is to be released April 28, 2009 (according to Amazon).

Although you didn't ask about a book on Walt, if you haven't read it I recomend - Walt Disney The Triumph Of The American Imagination
by Neal Gabler.

if you're looking for a historical perspective of how WDW was built as far as the business end and such look into a book named "Realityland". i forget the author but i found it interesting. bought it through amazon.

if you're looking for a historical perspective of how WDW was built as far as the business end and such look into a book named "Realityland". i forget the author but i found it interesting. bought it through amazon.
That one was good, too.

And Mouse Tales: Behind the Scenes at Disneyland (although it's a bit old) was good, too.

If you want a bit of fantasy or sci/fi, Kingdom Keepers is an excellent kid's book about WDW.

I did a search on barnes and noble and they had a few. I am thinking of ordering a couple for my son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter