BOOM! EXPRESS! No Wait!! A UOR December 2019 TR *COMPLETE* 4/27 x2

Love all your pictures of the Christmas parade! It really is a fun parade.

Sorry it wasn't the best night of sleep ever but that really was an amazing deal!

The parade looks so fun! I love all the Despicable Me stuff!

Ugh that stinks about the hassles with your room! But like you said, worth it to get express passes for so cheap!

Love all your pictures of the Christmas parade! It really is a fun parade.

Sorry it wasn't the best night of sleep ever but that really was an amazing deal!

It was our first time seeing it, and it was so fun! The kids really enjoyed it.

Right?! I'd have slept on the floor for Express Pass x4 for only $99!

The parade looks so fun! I love all the Despicable Me stuff!

Ugh that stinks about the hassles with your room! But like you said, worth it to get express passes for so cheap!

The Minions were definitely featured more heavily than other franchises. It was a very cute parade!

It was a minor frustration for the deal we were getting. Spending almost $300 was worth it already to get the express passes x4 for 2 days, but for only $99, it was a steal!!

Day 4: Monday December 9th

After a not-so-restful night’s sleep, we were up and moving around 7 am to get dressed and get our stuff packed up. We were ready to go around 7:30 and brought our stuff down to the car. My parents weren’t moving as quickly, so we headed to CityWalk without them. DS volunteered to push DD in the stroller.

IMG_2642
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We were going to attempt getting on Hagrid’s this morning, so being early was imperative!

IMG_2644

At the last second, I thought we should split up. We had planned to get Voodoo Doughnuts for breakfast, but I was a little worried that it would put us too far behind at the gates. So I said I would take DD to get in line, while DH and DS went to get us some doughnuts to eat while we waited.

This ended up being a great decision, because I walked right up to a turnstile where no one else was waiting. I had that temporary moment of panic when I thought maybe that turnstile wouldn’t be opening or something, but I decided to take the chance and wait there.

DH and DS arrived with the doughnuts. I had gotten another Diablos Rex, DD wanted a Little Pink again, DH got Butterfinger & ODB, and DS got the chocolate covered cake and an 8 Mile.

IMG_2645

IMG_2646

IMG_2647

IMG_2648

IMG_2649

IMG_8374

I was teasing DS a bit that he needed to make sure his Harry Potter robes and his Toothless hat were nice and visible so maybe we would get picked for Family of the Day to open the park again like we were in May. Shockingly, we WERE chosen again!!! TM Caleb picked us out this time! He scanned our tickets and brought us through the gates.

We took a few photos while waiting for our big moment!

IMG_2650

IMG_2651

IMG_2654

IMG_2655

IMG_2657

Caleb brought us some buttons to wear, and said that since we had already purchased the photo package (last time we got the 3 day photo package for free when we were chosen), they would add some extra prints to our package.

IMG_8382

IMG_2658

Caleb took a few family photos on our phones while we waited for the photographer to come out.

IMG_2659

I don’t remember what we were supposed to be doing in this photo…

IMG_2661

Finally, the MUP photographer came out, and he was great!

MUP-076

MUP-077

MUP-078

MUP-079

MUP-080

MUP-081

MUP-082

MUP-083

Then, it was time to open the park, and DS’s time to shine!!

IMG_2662
(Click for the video)

We got a super quick jump on the crowds, but of course, with two kids in tow and pushing a stroller, we couldn’t go TOO quickly! So we didn’t keep our first-in-line status for long, but we were still at the beginning of the pack. It was really hilarious that as we were power walking through Seuss Landing (around the back of Green Eggs & Ham because it’s faster!), they were playing the music from Home Alone when they wake up late and are running frantically through the house. It was the PERFECT music to accompany the mad dash to Hagrid’s!

The queue was very well organized, going around the side and looping back around through the entrance into Hogsmeade. Since we were doing a child swap, all we had to do was dump the stroller but we didn’t have to bother with the lockers, so that kept us moving pretty steadily through the queue.

IMG_2663

IMG_2664

IMG_2665

IMG_2666

We decided as we walked that DS and I would go first, which meant DH got to hang with DD for a little while in the child swap room.

IMG_2667

DS and I ended up in the first row! I gave DS the choice, and he wanted to ride the motorbike, so I hopped in the side car. I knew a little of what would happen on this attraction, but I tried not to read too much so that it would be a surprise. And boy, was it!! Y’all, this coaster is INCREDIBLE!!!! I couldn’t believe what they had managed to do with a roller coaster!!

DS, however, was NOT a huge fan!! So when it came time for DH to ride, DS decided he didn’t want to go a second time. DH ended up riding with a woman who didn’t mind being in the sidecar so he got to ride on the motorbike.

After an incredible ride, it took FOR-EV-ER to get our ride photos!! The guy we went to just couldn’t find us. He kept looking at our faces, and asking where we were seated, then looking at our shirts, then our faces again…It was pretty annoying. The other two people working at the photo station cleared out several people and had them on their way while we were still waiting there. Finally, the TM next to him took over and got us our photos.

MUP-084

Hagrid 001
(Click for the video)

MUP-085

Hagrid 002
(Click for the video)

Continued in next post...

Day 4 Continued: Monday December 9th

By then, my parents had moseyed into the park and they met up with us in Hogsmeade so the kids could do some magic.

We stopped on the bridge to Jurassic Park for some photos since the kids were both in their Harry Potter stuff today.

My parents wanted to ride Pteranodon Flyers with the kids, so we wanted to hit that early before the lines got long.

While we waited for them to ride, DH and I got the cup activated and got a strawberry Icee.

They ended up going a second time, so we got photos of them on the ride.

Reign of Kong had no wait, and DD was asking to ride again (I still think even after several days, I was STILL shocked that she had not been scared by anything!!), so we went to do that next.

We let the kids take their time walking through Toon Lagoon checking everything out, and we grabbed Icee #2.

My parents offered to keep the kids so DH and I could go ride The Hulk!

I just LOVE THAT RIDE!! It sure does rattle me around, but riding it makes me so happy! We scanned our card at the kiosk to get our ride photo, but then I decided to stop at the counter to see if they could crop our photo to just me & DH, and they could!

MUP-086

While we were doing that, my parents decided to take the kids over to Seuss Landing. Along the way, they met the Penguins of Madagascar. Gotta say, I’m a little jealous!

IMG_7574

They also got to meet the guys from Green Eggs & Ham.

IMG_7581

They played around in the If I Ran the Zoo play area.

IMG_5615

IMG_5616

IMG_5621

IMG_7587

UP NEXT: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch!

At the last second, I thought we should split up. We had planned to get Voodoo Doughnuts for breakfast, but I was a little worried that it would put us too far behind at the gates. So I said I would take DD to get in line, while DH and DS went to get us some doughnuts to eat while we waited.

Smart thinking!

This ended up being a great decision, because I walked right up to a turnstile where no one else was waiting. I had that temporary moment of panic when I thought maybe that turnstile wouldn’t be opening or something, but I decided to take the chance and wait there.

I always have this moment of panic when something like this happens lol

Shockingly, we WERE chosen again!!! TM Caleb picked us out this time! He scanned our tickets and brought us through the gates.

Wow awesome! I think it helps that your kids are adorable!

It was really hilarious that as we were power walking through Seuss Landing (around the back of Green Eggs & Ham because it’s faster!), they were playing the music from Home Alone when they wake up late and are running frantically through the house.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

DS and I ended up in the first row!

So cool!

Good idea to split up! So awesome that you were family of the day again! Love all the pics you got :)

Omg that is sooo funny that they were playing the music from Home Alone! Too fitting!

I'm glad you were able to get on Hagrid's and enjoyed it!

I always have this moment of panic when something like this happens lol

Yes!! I'm always so nervous that I'm going to end up the idiot who started a line and then it doesn't open and causes a panic when the park opening time comes!! lol

Wow awesome! I think it helps that your kids are adorable!

Thanks so much! :lovestruc

Good idea to split up! So awesome that you were family of the day again! Love all the pics you got :)

Omg that is sooo funny that they were playing the music from Home Alone! Too fitting!

I'm glad you were able to get on Hagrid's and enjoyed it!

It was really unexpected, but soooooo cool to get to experience that for a second time!

It was hilarious! We had watched that movie A LOT leading up to the trip since it was on Disney+ so that made it even more relevant and funny to us!

When we finished up at The Hulk, we walked over to Seuss Landing to meet the kids & my parents.

We decided to split up from Mom & Dad for a little while. The Grinch meet & greet had sported an incredibly long line all trip, but as we passed it, there was a much shorter wait so we decided to go for it. It ended up being a really hilarious meet!

This was one of the few character meets that had a photographer with them, so we got a few with our photo package as well.

MUP-087

MUP-088

MUP-091

MUP-093

MUP-094

We went over to Hogsmeade to check the wait time at Hagrid’s to see if we could get on again, but the wait was too long, and they weren’t running single rider at that time. It was starting to get to be lunch time, and we were talking through options but ultimately we decided to hit Green Eggs & Ham again because it was good, and because it’s never open so we thought we should take advantage of the fact that it was open during our trip.

On our way through Lost Continent, we spotted a new character out, She-Ra, and she had no wait! I think they added her to the parks to coincide with the release of the new Netflix series. DS refused to meet her, but DD was happy to.

They chatted about riding unicorns and wielding swords, and it was great fun.

Of course, we needed an Icee to go with lunch!

We scarfed down our tots for lunch, which were delicious yet again!

After lunch, we decided to take the Hogwarts Express over to Diagon Alley. Along the way, we grabbed another Icee!

DD started getting a little silly in the stroller while waiting for the elevator.

It was kind of a long wait to get up to the platform via the elevator, but eventually we did make it up to the platform. Soon enough the Hogwarts Express was chugging into the station!

I think this was the ride we took with another family who was riding for the first time. When that awful Hermione impersonator started talking, the wife looked at her husband and said, “Was that supposed to be Hermione?!” We all got a good laugh out of that because seriously, it’s SO SO SO BAD.

When we arrived at the London station, DD wanted to take a few photos in front of the Christmas trees, which actually looked really cute with her Hogwarts robe dress.

Last edited:

After her mini photoshoot, we headed into Diagon Alley to ride Escape From Gringotts.

This ride was not the best. It took a little while to get through the pre-shows, and then when we finally got on the ride, our mine cart was not turning properly so we weren’t facing the screen correctly for some scenes. I tried to tell a TM on the way out, but she didn’t seem like she took what I said too seriously. Oh well.

After the ride, we saw there was a Tales of Beedle the Bard show coming up at 2 pm. We had time to grab some snacks before the show, so we picked up a couple of butterbeer soft serve cones and a gilly water.

We were in luck, because the show ended up being our favorite of the two stories, The Tale of the 3 Brothers!

UP NEXT: In the Nuthouse

Cute pics with the Grinch! And of DD with She-Ra!

Sounds like a good time in Diagon Alley!! I still need to try butterbeer ice cream!

Cute pics with the Grinch! And of DD with She-Ra!

Sounds like a good time in Diagon Alley!! I still need to try butterbeer ice cream!

The Grinch was such a fun meet. I'm really glad we timed it well and got in with a short wait because it was understandably so a very popular meet, so it usually had a very long line to get in. DD loved She-Ra even though she had no idea who she was! A female superhero is right up her alley since she's not a big fan of "boys" right now.

YES, you need to try the Butterbeer ice cream! It's so delicious!! I could really go for some right about now when I'm missing the parks so much!

Ooops! It seems like the last (maybe first time) I read this TR, I didn't click the "watch", so I missed quite a bit.
Oh well, all caught up now.

Your pictures with the Grinch are hysterical!

I could really go for some butterbeer ice cream right now :love:

Following the Tales of Beedle the Bard show, we decided to head over to Kid Zone, stopping to get Icee #5 along the way.

IMG_8410

IMG_8412

IMG_2679

We took a few minutes to check in for our Southwest flight the next day, and luckily that went smoothly and we got decent boarding positions. With that little bit of business done, we got another marathon round on Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster. First my parents and the kids went through twice.

Then we took the kids through twice again because they just couldn’t get enough!

We decided to take another journey with E.T. and tried out the “Daves” again, but he didn’t say them all at the end!

We stopped at the photo location in the gift shop to retake our photos. I asked the TM if she would be able to edit them right away and explained what had happened the first time. She looked a little horrified and even asked, “It wasn’t ME that took your first set of photos, right?” When I assured her it wasn’t she said she always edits them right away and she would make sure they were done correctly before we left.

MUP-100

MUP-101

MUP-102

MUP-103

MUP-104

MUP-105

When we went outside, Poppy & Branch were meeting with no wait, so my mom and DD hopped in line to see them again.

We still had a little time before I had to get back to RPR to drop off our rental stroller. I had decided to return it Monday night even though we still had park time on Tuesday before our flight because it made it a shorter rental for a cheaper price, and because I figured it would be easiest since Tuesday we’d want to maximize our park time before having to leave for the airport. So before I went to take care of that little bit of business, we stopped over to protect the universe with Men In Black.

MUP-106

My dad decided he would come back to the resort with me to load some stuff up in the van, so we took the water taxi over to do that and to drop the stroller with bell services. DH and my mom stayed behind with the kids and let them keep playing around Kid Zone.

IMG_2683

IMG_2684

IMG_2685

IMG_2686

IMG_2687

IMG_2689

IMG_2690

IMG_2692

My dad and I took the water taxi back, and waited out front of IOA for DH, my mom, and the kids to walk over. While we had been away, I had been texting with my friend S who was there with her mom! We became online friends a LONG time ago when we were both in high school and realized we were both Hanson fans from Louisiana, so we began following each other on Livejournal. That progressed to meeting up every time Hanson was in town, and now we are friends on Facebook and knew we were both going to be at Universal at the same time. It worked out perfectly that we were going to be at the same place at the same time, so we waited for her and her mom to walk over too so we could catch up. I think this was our first time meeting up outside of a Hanson concert!!

IMG_2693

DS was marveling at her school robes and was insanely jealous, especially when she showed us the pocket for her wand! We had a fun time catching up, and meeting each other’s families.

When we parted ways, we headed into IOA and stopped at The Burger Digs for some dinner before the nighttime Hogwarts show. Then we headed over to Hogsmeade. It was SO BEAUTIFUL all lit up at night with the holiday lights! It was a bit of a cluster as we had to huddle at the front of Hogsmeade to wait for the previous show to end and all of those guests to be funneled out so we could shuffle over in front of the castle to watch.

Pictures don’t really do it justice, because this was an excellent projection show! I enjoyed it a lot more than the one we saw over the summer celebrating the 4 different Hogwarts houses. We all really enjoyed it, even my dad who doesn’t know much about Harry Potter.

On the way out, we checked out the lights in Seuss Landing.

We also made a stop at the photo store near the park entrance to get our prints done, so we wouldn’t either have to take time to do it the next day or forget to do it entirely since the prints were included with our package. Since my parents had gone in on the photo package with us, we each picked out some prints. Originally, we had gotten a poster print (that could be exchanged for another 8x10 instead if desired, an 8x10 2 5x7 prints, and a 4x6. We decided we didn’t need a poster print for any reason, so we decided to get a second 8x10 with that instead. The second 8x10 and 5x7 were for getting chosen as family of the day, but it worked out well that between our family and my parents we could each get one in both sizes.

Once that was done, we walked back to RPR to pick up our van and drive back over to our resort and do the thing everyone hates to do…PACK!! We also had to finish up that ice cream because we sure couldn’t let that go to waste!

IMG_5644

UP NEXT: Final Day!

I love that they do the Hogwarts castle shows now! I liked the one at Halloween time the best. DBF's niece had a really fun interaction with a death eater drawing a dark mark on her!

We also got the photo package with the poster print lol. We asked to swap it out for a smaller size and the TM insisted on giving us an extra 8x10 plus the poster print. it was a nice gesture but we still aren't sure what to do with the poster lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts