Boorish behavior

Now this brings up an interesting question. Is there another place to leave stuff?

One poster mentioned water parks. Me and mine frequent Great Wolf Lodges and leave our robes and flip flops on a lounge or chair while we are in the water park because there is nowhere else to put them and it is often in a prime spot so we can keep an eye on them.

On my previous cruises, I always occupied the spot on deck where our stuff was (pools too shallow/tiny for me to enjoy) but on Castaway Cay, I can clearly remember all of us just throwing our stuff on a lounge and, after pics were taken and camera stored away, we were in water and did not return to the lounge until we were picking up our stuff. In there another place to store it?

Big difference between Castaway where there are plenty of chairs for people and the pool decks where there are not.

IMHO if you know you are going to be in the water and doing stuff, it would be more polite to choose chairs not right up front, but that is my take on it. Others will differ I am sure. The hammocks are another story. I know I have seen people on Serenity Bay drop stuff at a hammock and never even bother to sit in it the whole day. That is rude.

The cubbies on DCL are much more tasteful than the ones on NCL. But they're really TOO subtle. We overlooked them completely the first few days.

They should have cubbys in more places, but I guess they balance the need for cubbys with the need for chair space. You'd think that, at least, by the splashpad there'd be cubbys, though.

Must have been the same people that were near us one time on Castaway Cay. We had our stuff on chairs and when we came back to our spot most of our stuff was moved to other chairs, thus separating our group with them in the middle. There were plenty of other chairs around but they just wanted the ones we had claimed already. We asked nicely why our stuff was moved and they went ballistic! They started yelling and screaming and cursing at us. We tried to explain that they broke up our group. They just could not discuss it rationally. It was scary. We all decided to cut our losses and moved elsewhere as they were unhinged and we did not want to spend the day next to them.

MJ

These people must be a joy to work with or go to school with!

Guess what, the cruisers who moved your stuff to the top of towel storage cabinet were on vacation too. They needed a place to sit while they watched their kids in the pool. The stuff you left in your unoccupied lounge seat for nearly an hour did not. Everyone on a cruise is on vacation and needs a place to sit at the pool, so be understanding and easygoing.
I agree with you. I see a lot of people throw their stuff on a chair and then spend 2 hours sitting in the adult pool or on the side talking and drinking. If your going to sit in the pool why hog a chair? I think it’s the first come first serve mentality with little regard to someone that would actually like to lay in that chair.

We get in the pool for exercise, and will be in the quiet cove pool for 30-60 minutes at a time. There are wooden benches along the wall right outside the fore elevator lobby doors where we leave our stuff (e.g., glasses, flip flops, comb) so that we don't tie up a chair. There's a little overhang there so our things stay dry if it rains while we're swimming. When it's cold, we may leave a towel on a chair close to the pool, but snatch that up as soon as we come out. If it's missing, there are plenty more towels where it came from.

In this case, yes. But the bottom line is the kid should not have been in a seat unless the parents when booking the DCL transfers said "I know kid is under 3, but we want to pay for a seat because he is too big for our laps."

I thought children under 3 were not charged because they are “guests of Mickey.” Disney should still count them as needing a seat, especially if they are 1-2 years old.

Line cutters: For whatever reason my pet peeve. If someone cluelessly walks up in front of me I work on the assumption that it was an oversight and remind them that yes there is a line here and the end is back there. If that doesn't do the trick I rapidly become more irate, sorry, vacation or not. Self centered rude people do not get a pass from me. And I believe if self centered rude people were challenged every time they displayed their rudeness, there would be fewer self centered rude people.

Pool chairs: Whenever we go to a pool, we try and find a chair and put all our stuff and Dad (me) in it as a central location. I'm happy to chill and people watch. I'm an introvert and not into much chit chat. If I want to go in the pool then someone in our group can take my spot for a bit. I am curious, though. If we are on a ship with pools that are never THAT far from our rooms, why are people lugging a bunch of stuff around that they aren't using anyhow? Leave all the extra junk in your room! When I go to a pool at a hotel, I bring a towel and that is it. And on a Disney cruise, don't they have towels at the pool?

I thought children under 3 were not charged because they are “guests of Mickey.” Disney should still count them as needing a seat, especially if they are 1-2 years old.

I was the original poster on this topic; just to confirm, I did offer to pay, and was told no payment was needed, and that he would have a reserved seat. And in fact, there was a seat reserved for him on the otherwise full bus; it was just that the gentleman who boarded last wanted to sit closer to his family (wife and older child), and there were no longer three seats together. It's not like an airline where under two is a lap infant--it's more like a buffet restaurant at WDW where they still give you a table for 5 if you are a family of four and one toddler, even though the toddler eats free.

People who use spray sinscreeen really hate the reality that it hurts other people. I’ve gone into an asthma attack after accidentally walking through a sunscreen cloud.

I bought a can once, before thinking about it, because my son hated the sunscreen process (still does). Oops. You can see the cloud if you’re paying attention.

Anyway.

Yes some people are rotten even when in paradise.

This behaviour was totally unacceptable regardless of what it was. Wow. What a great example you are setting for your kids.
I do agree with the posts on spray sunscreen though. It is technically meant to be sprayed onto hands and then spread on the person like a cream.
I was guilty of just spraying it on my child until I got a mouth full of someone else’s spray last year on the Disney cruise. As you know the upper decks can get windy, even on a hot day. I was sitting on a sun lounger watching funnel vision when a lady started spraying her child all over with sunscreen. It went everywhere but the child. I got some in my mouth and my drink of the day :(
Someone mentioned above their kids’ camp requests the spray, my kids camps and school have requested the opposite, no spray. I’m guessing because of the likelihood of spraying others by mistake (or not hehe)
Above all, if you just spray spf 50 on your kid and just leave it, in reality maybe spf 20 actually gets on.
The sprays are quick and easy but can be a nuisance and should come with clear instructions;)

Last edited:
I just got off the Fantasy on Sat and I witnessed some pretty shocking behaviour on the last night of the cruise. There was an after dinner event with Magic Dave aimed at little kids in the D lounge and I was sitting near the back doors while my little one was up on the floor. There was some big guy pacing around fuming and making hand gestures to another man who was sitting on the other side of the room (with the kids in the middle) He was telling his wife he was going to fight this guy and then he complains to staff that this guy got in front of his kid or something. Just fuming - so made he walks right into a lady in the hall and spills his coffee all over her and then berates her. Crazy how people get so worked up and forget its about the kids.

Line cutters: For whatever reason my pet peeve. If someone cluelessly walks up in front of me I work on the assumption that it was an oversight and remind them that yes there is a line here and the end is back there. If that doesn't do the trick I rapidly become more irate, sorry, vacation or not. Self centered rude people do not get a pass from me. And I believe if self centered rude people were challenged every time they displayed their rudeness, there would be fewer self centered rude people.

Pool chairs: Whenever we go to a pool, we try and find a chair and put all our stuff and Dad (me) in it as a central location. I'm happy to chill and people watch. I'm an introvert and not into much chit chat. If I want to go in the pool then someone in our group can take my spot for a bit. I am curious, though. If we are on a ship with pools that are never THAT far from our rooms, why are people lugging a bunch of stuff around that they aren't using anyhow? Leave all the extra junk in your room! When I go to a pool at a hotel, I bring a towel and that is it. And on a Disney cruise, don't they have towels at the pool?
What lines are you referring to? Other then the aqua duck I don’t recall any lines for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter