Booze at a child's birthday party?

This is too easy - of course, it's acceptable. You're offering it to the adults. Same as I've been to baby showers with a spiked punch and a plain punch - now pregnant women aren't going to get sloshed but that doesn't mean you can't offer and serve it to people who would like it.

Not something I would do, but to each their own. I don't know many people who would expect/need/want alcohol at a child's party.

I agree with those who said they wouldn't serve. If it were my family I probably might, but for the parents of classmates, I wouldn't.

I don't see anything wrong with either option. If most of the parents are going to stay for the party, I would probably offer alcohol.

Originally posted by Zurg

... unless the party is um.. um.. at HOOTERS!

You've given me a GREAT idea, ZURG;) ;) ;) . I'll propose a mini-meet with DAN to smoke a peace pipe at ........HOOTERS :p :p :p :p :p . I'll bet that he'd love ............the food.........there:jester: :jester: ....

You're probably right, BUCK:( , but maybe he'd consider it if you'd accompany him:) :) :) :) ........

I think you know my feelings about Hooters. I've stated them around here somewhere... nope, it would never happen at Hooters.

I myself do not drink, so I would not offer alcohol to my guests. It being a kids party, I would go so far as to say not only would I not offer it, it would not be allowed at all.

Let me go out on a limb here. Parent has "one drink" parent is driving, parent leaves party to soon after the 1 drink, parent has wreck--doen't matter whose fault-- now this could be a problem. Sorry to put a damper on the fun--parent s are usually having so much fun watching their kids at a party, missing out on a beer /wine, or mixed drink won't be a problem.

This is my .02

I guess I'm a party pooper

PattyN

Have a great party---what ever you decide.

We have close friends that have large family/friends gatherings for some of their kids birthday parties over the years. They have been BBQs last all day and they have had beer available for the adults. It isn't required to have a beer but it's there if any of the adults want...

so, I personnally feel it depends on the group....I wouldn't have people over that I wasn't familiar with and serve beer at a kids party but if it was the way my friends do....I don't have a problem with it ....it is as much a party for the kids as a gathering time for the adults...and nobody has ever drank to excess...

Originally posted by dalepool
Let me go out on a limb here. Parent has "one drink" parent is driving, parent leaves party to soon after the 1 drink, parent has wreck--doen't matter whose fault-- now this could be a problem.

I almost posted this myself, I am of the mind that even one drink is too many.

I would hope that the parent who is driving would take the same precautions they would at any event with alcohol and not indulge. Or at least use common sense to know what they can handle. I guess the point Im trying to make is it shouldnt matter whether someone is leaving a kids birthday party with kids in the car or a bar by themself. If they have ben drinking they shouldnt be driving no matter where they are coming from.

Originally posted by WDW2002
I almost posted this myself, I am of the mind that even one drink is too many.

I agree, I'm in that same mind.

Booze at a kid's party? Um, no.

Kids party or not, anytime is a good time for a cat daquiri.

catc.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter