Borrowed points returned to original UY, how long?

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
I cancelled a reservation that had borrowed points. He told me they would go back to the original UY. I just looked and they didn’t. Is there a delay? Or do in need to call?

They say it can take up to 2 weeks. I contacted Member Services via chat and asked for them to expedite the return of my borrowed points so I could use them to make a new reservation and it was done while I was on the chat. This was last week.

They run a program on Thursdays and mine have gone back then.

That makes sense. I had cancelled a reservation on Wed and it was return on Thurs. I thought that was super fast. My last cancellation two weeks ago with borrowed points took at least 4 days to return (which is still good turnaround). All done without contacting MS.

Time obviously varies. For many it is quick, for others longer. In mid-June, I cancelled a reservation for August that had some borrowed points. The points just today, July 24, over a month since the cancellation, were returned to the 2021 year.

Mine did not return on Thursday. I tried using member chat, and they told me they put in a request but that it could take up to 30 days. That if I wanted it quicker, I could call and ask them to do it for me. I called, waited on hold for 40 minutes, and the CM I spoke to said they couldn’t return them and I’d just have to wait.

Mine did not return on Thursday. I tried using member chat, and they told me they put in a request but that it could take up to 30 days. That if I wanted it quicker, I could call and ask them to do it for me. I called, waited on hold for 40 minutes, and the CM I spoke to said they couldn’t return them and I’d just have to wait.

Try calling back and have a trip picked you want to book...even if you cancel it out.

I did that and the CM got them moved and the trip booked. Then I modified the trip I had her book with other points in my account. But, it got them moved that day.

Try calling back and have a trip picked you want to book...even if you cancel it out.

I did that and the CM got them moved and the trip booked. Then I modified the trip I had her book with other points in my account. But, it got them moved that day.
Thanks! And good to know. I do have a trip I want to book, but I’ve been waiting for the points to return so I don’t use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter