Borrowed then changed mind.....

Victoriasmom98

DIS Veteran
I think I just messed up good! First of all, I did waitlist the entire stay of Sep 8 – 13 at OKW. Then, it was suggested that I “piece-meal” the days that were available, so I did that, but it was borrowing my 2018 points. Now, I changed my mind and cancelled the 2 “piece-mealed” days I had booked. Do I now have to use those points before the end of use year 2017? My use year month is September. (if this makes sense). Help!!!

Yes, once borrowed they stay in the UY borrowed to, even if you cancel the booking.

You borrowed points from your 2018 Sept UY to use for a Sept 2017 trip. As mentioned above, those points will now be quasi 2017 Sept UY points. And need to be used by Aug 31, 2018 or they will expire. You have lots of time to use or rent them, I would not be too worried about those points.

Not to hijack the thread but I have a similar question. I'm buying a Feb use year contract with 22 points borrowed from 2018. This means the 22 points expire Feb 1st, 2018, correct? Thanks.

Call DVC. They may grant you a 'one-time' Get out of Jail card. They helped me out once when I totally brain-farted on my points, but that was corrected on the same day. Good luck.

If you have other days booked with current 2017 UY points, then call MS and ask them if they can do a points reallocation so that you have the 2018 UY points are part of the trip and it frees up your 2017 points, which can be later banked if you don't need them. Borrowing is final and I think it will be hard to get that undone, but as long as you have a reservation with 2017 points, they will replace with the borrowed. I have done this before and it wasn't an issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts