Borrowing deadline?

Bearrister

Earning My Ears
Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn’t find the answer. I know there’s a deadline to bank points, but is there a deadline to borrow?

I’m going through ROFR for points at Poly with an October UY. If our contract closes on time (and if there are any rooms available), I’m exploring the possibility of a July trip if we can borrow from the Oct 2019 points. My son’s daycare is closed for a week in July so I have to take that time off anyway, so if I can make a Disney trip out of it... why not?

But I know that my banking deadline is by the end of May each year. Is there an equivalent deadline for borrowing?

No borrowing deadline but once borrowed, the points are stuck in the UY that you moved them to and will expire at the end of the UY if not used. Also you may be disappointed in the room availability at less than 7 months away.

:earsboy: Bill

No borrowing deadline but once borrowed, the points are stuck in the UY that you moved them to and will expire at the end of the UY if not used. Also you may be disappointed in the room availability at less than 7 months away.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you for the info! I know there likely will be little to no choices for July by the time we close on our contract, but for now I’ll just fantasize about it. There’s a good likelihood we won’t be able to go on a trip in 2020, so rather than banking these points for 2021 I’m keeping an open mind to using them this year.

Of course, if nothing is available and 2020 can’t happen we’ll go ahead and bank it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter