Borrowing points

mlayman7

Mouseketeer
Quick question. For our upcoming December trip, we are thinking of staying one extra night, I'd have to borrow from 2020 to have enough points, December use year. If it happens that I cant get off work or flights don't work out for that time, if I cancel that night, will those points go back to 2020 or can they only be used in 2019 use year? If we don't use them, we arent planning to go until December 2021 so we would want to bank them.

Borrowing is a final transaction, you cannot cancel and have the points returned to their original year.

Member services may allow those banked points to be used towards your original reservations while allowing the 2019 points to be banked. (Assuming those points originated in 2019).

Thanks, good to know. I've borrowed and banked several times but never with the hesitancy that I may not be able to use them. Those 2019 points would only be able to be used until 2020, so no help there. Better make sure before I book. Was shocked as it was to see rooms available being December plus the potential of Star Wars opening up, when I checked this morning plenty of options open, albeit it's a 2 bedroom, but 1 bedrooms open too.

If you borrow the points from 2020 use year, they will stay in the 2019 use year. If you cancel the night you used with the borrowed points, then those points retain the 2019 use year. What you can do is to ask DVC to reallocate your points within the reservation you currently have to free up the 2019 use year points that you can bank. The borrowed 2020 points will be used before the current 2019 use year points which retains the ability to bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter