Both waterparks on 1-day WP ticket

dberger820

Earning My Ears
I am going to be in Orlando at the end of the month with the family for just one day and they want to do a waterpark. We cannot decide between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. I was browsing ticket options and noticed this tidbit.

Select Your Ticket
You can purchase 1-day tickets without blockout dates. Or save with our 1-Day Water Park Ticket with Blockout Dates (not valid for admission during the summer; blockout dates for 2018 are May 26 – August 26).

The tickets* listed below provide 1-day admission. If both water parks are open, you may come and go between them, as you please!

I was pretty blown away seeing that Disney is saying you can essentially waterpark hop between the two with a standard 1-day ticket. The big question: Am I reading this right?

The other thing that comes to mind is will each park hit capacity by mid afternoon and I won't be able to hop?

Going June 29th (Friday)
Idea is to go to Blizzard Beach from 10-3 then hop to Typhoon Lagoon from 3-8. Is this realistic? Edit: Will have our own car.

Last edited:
I am going to be in Orlando at the end of the month with the family for just one day and they want to do a waterpark. We cannot decide between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. I was browsing ticket options and noticed this tidbit.

Select Your Ticket
You can purchase 1-day tickets without blockout dates. Or save with our 1-Day Water Park Ticket with Blockout Dates (not valid for admission during the summer; blockout dates for 2018 are May 26 – August 26).

The tickets* listed below provide 1-day admission. If both water parks are open, you may come and go between them, as you please!

1. I was pretty blown away seeing that Disney is saying you can essentially waterpark hop between the two with a standard 1-day ticket. The big question: Am I reading this right?

2. The other thing that comes to mind is will each park hit capacity by mid afternoon and I won't be able to hop?

3. Going June 29th (Friday)
Idea is to go to Blizzard Beach from 10-3 then hop to Typhoon Lagoon from 3-8. Is this realistic?
1. Yes, you're reading it right.

2. That's not going to happen.

3. Sure, if that's what you want to do. But keep in mind that using Disney transportation for water parks is a real pain. Plan to drive yourself or take a taxi or a Lyft.

Actually, I was just reading the historic waterpark closings due to capacity (so yes, it does happen), they reported that the last several were all Thursdays and all in July. I'll give you one guess when we plan to be in a waterpark. So, you won't have to worry about capacity at your first stop since you'll be there at opening. At most, you may have to wait for crowds to clear at the second stop (and they do tend to clear as the day wears on).

Yes you can go to both water parks on the same day.
You could hit both parks quite easily with your own car. I just don't think it's a good idea because water parks can be exhausting. Lots of stairs and walking in the sun, but it takes a long time realize how tired you are since you're staying cooler in the water.

Actually, I was just reading the historic waterpark closings due to capacity (so yes, it does happen), they reported that the last several were all Thursdays and all in July. I'll give you one guess when we plan to be in a waterpark. So, you won't have to worry about capacity at your first stop since you'll be there at opening. At most, you may have to wait for crowds to clear at the second stop (and they do tend to clear as the day wears on).
Why Thursdays in July???? That is when we were planning!:headache:

Why Thursdays in July???? That is when we were planning!:headache:

I know, right? Now on this thread everyone will chime in 'we're going on Thurs in July' and we'll realize just how busy its going to be. Even after reading that bad news, I'm still keeping with our Thurs, but still plan to be there at opening and we won't get turned away but it won't be pleasant wait times for sure, bathrooms will have lines, things & chairs will get moved around, etc.

I really thought the weekends would be busier & more apt for locals to visit on weekends, so I don't know why Thur is the most popular day of the week :confused3. But, that's what the historical calendars showed, doesn't mean it will happen this year.

:wizard: Here's hoping for busy Tuesdays this July.

Well, I appreciate your info. J had read only about the weekends! It finally got me motivated to call to book the umbrella package. I still don’t think we will get there at opening, though. That is our only sleep in day.:)

I really thought the weekends would be busier & more apt for locals to visit on weekends, so I don't know why Thur is the most popular day of the week :confused3.
That does seem weird. Maybe some kind of FL resident ticket is blacked out on Fri/Sat/Sun? Now I'm a little concerned about our Sunday in July waterpark day, but I guess we'll rope drop and leave when/if it gets nuts.

I had no idea you could go to both on one ticket! That's good to know. Although we never rent a car so unless we're willing to take a Minnie Van I don't see how it's feasible.

Aw crud we are going to a water park on a Thursday in July too! It was completely random pick for our day but oh well. We shall see what happens. Hilarious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!