Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
I haven't been paying attention to this, which one is part of the old DVC Wilderness Lodge villas? We're looking at booking a villa, not a cabin, but not sure which would be best. Shorter walk to the ferry and the bus? Better pool? Are the rooms set up the same or different? Does 1 location have larger rooms? Any features that separate them?

Thanks so much for your help.

Bolder Ridge is the Old Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Copper Creek is the modified hotel rooms at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, the new DVC.
CCV units are smaller, studios and 1 BR only allow 4, 2 BR will hold 8. BRV have beds for 5 in the studios, and allow 5 in 1 BR, BUT only have bedding for 4, bring your own sleeping bag/air mattress... 2BR units will allow 9, the lock-off has beds for 9.

BRV studios have bedding for 5, but the 1 bedroom only has bedding for 4?
The studio has a Murphy bed unde the television. There isn't room in the living room for it with the connecting door to a lockoff studio.

Pools are shared, as are restaurants. Walk to ferry would be longer from BRV.

I haven't been paying attention to this, which one is part of the old DVC Wilderness Lodge villas? We're looking at booking a villa, not a cabin, but not sure which would be best. Shorter walk to the ferry and the bus? Better pool? Are the rooms set up the same or different? Does 1 location have larger rooms? Any features that separate them?

Thanks so much for your help.
Either would be a fine choice, I'm sure.

CCVC: Newer rooms, in the main building so closer to restaurants, Mercantile, and boat dock. Rooms are smaller than their counterparts at the older VWL units (yeah, they call it BRV--I don't). The main pool is "better" in the sense that it has a water feature (slide) and a kids' splash area. Walk to bus stop is about the same for both CCVC and VWL since it sits between the two buildings. Neither the studio nor the 1BR in CCVC sleeps five.
VWL: Larger rooms, refurbished about three years ago, but still a bit more dated (though that doesn't bother us). Studios sleep 5; 1BRs only 4. Generally, a quieter location since you won't be right off the lobby. The pool with which VWL is now associated is quieter, as well, and has no water feature. It's a touch closer to Geyser Point than the main pool.

As for the common areas, the main Lodge's lobby serves as its only true place to find a chair and kick back (though there are a couple of small, isolated places around the Lodge). The VWL building has its own mini-lobby but they also have the Carrolwood Pacific room off that lobby where you can sit and rock, play checkers, stare at the fire, read a book--in essence, just relax in peace since it only infrequently has more than a handful of people. In fact, it's not unusual to find yourself alone.

Good luck with the decision!

Worth noting....

BRV also has a WONDERFUL Common Area. CCV has none.

I'd also note that all BRV guests are WELCOME to enjoy the main WL lobby and common areas should they desire. Nobody at WL or CCV will mind! :)

Seriously though, the lack of a dedicated common area for CCV owners is not even a thing. So rest easy, we are doing fine!

Last edited:
I'd also note that all BRV guests are WELCOME to enjoy the main WL lobby and common areas should they desire. Nobody at WL or CCV will mind! :)

Seriously though, the lack of a dedicated common area for CCV owners is not even a thing. So rest easy, we are doing fine!
Yes, a great point to make. The quiet common area over at VWL is not closed off to anyone, and I should have made that clear. :thumbsup2

BRV studios have bedding for 5, but the 1 bedroom only has bedding for 4?

Strange isn't it? I've heard some justifications, but I just can't get beyond-the 1 bedrooms are bigger, so doesn't it make sense that they should be set up to hold more people?

Strange isn't it? I've heard some justifications, but I just can't get beyond-the 1 bedrooms are bigger, so doesn't it make sense that they should be set up to hold more people?
There isn't any way to fit the murphy bed because the connecting studio connects in the living room. So the wall space isn't long enough for that long television cabinet with the murphy bed. Same with the dedicated two bedroom villa. And the living room with the sofa sleeper takes up too much space to add the sleeper chair.

Just my 2 cents but the original DVC resort is spectacular. Quiet, relaxing beautiful building with fun details...we found it very unique. Easy access to everything in the main lodge. It has been a few years since staying there so I'm sure things in the main building have changed. The DVC pool was perfect as it wasn't that crowded and a bit away from the main area. The main pool area was nice but IMO WAY TO SMALL it was so packed and over crowded. I have not seen a Disney pool that busy at any other resort, I thought it should be at least twice the size to accommodate all the guests.

The original DVC units offer all the perks of the main lodge with the additional benefits of getting away from the crowds

Just my 2 cents but the original DVC resort is spectacular. Quiet, relaxing beautiful building with fun details...we found it very unique. Easy access to everything in the main lodge. It has been a few years since staying there so I'm sure things in the main building have changed. The DVC pool was perfect as it wasn't that crowded and a bit away from the main area. The main pool area was nice but IMO WAY TO SMALL it was so packed and over crowded. I have not seen a Disney pool that busy at any other resort, I thought it should be at least twice the size to accommodate all the guests.

The original DVC units offer all the perks of the main lodge with the additional benefits of getting away from the crowds
All very true. We love our VWL building because of the serenity, the details, the ability to relax away from the madding crowd. Now, the cabins have somewhat encroached upon that tranquility in the sense that instead of woods you now see cabins from a lake side suite. They're beautiful but I preferred the "wilderness." As for the DVC pool, Hidden Springs it was called, we loved it. Quiet, secluded, rarely busy, had numerous spots in the pool where bubbles from "springs" rose up through the water. Of course, Disney, in its infinite wisdom, razed it and put in the new Boulder Ridge Pool which isn't as quiet, has no bubbles, and while pretty enough, looks out of place--really, a rock quarry? While all of the construction that went with putting in the cabins, Geyser Point, the new pool, et.al., is mostly appealing to the eye, I still miss--likely will forever--the simplicity and serenity offered by the old VWL and WL grounds.

I think the problem is FW guests who think they can use the WL pools.

Agreed, I don't understand this common area issue at all. We were at CCV in April and every day I found a nice relaxing place to enjoy my coffee, sometimes inside, sometimes outside, there are so many places around the main lodge to relax, I have no idea why CCV would need another dedicated area. Also, what on earth is a 'dedicated' area at WDW anyway? Disney encourages you to explore the different resorts, and I have never felt out of place doing so. We checked out BRV while there, and it was also lovely (guess I shouldn't have since it is 'dedicated' to the owners of BRV) but it is just a nice space to relax, I don't get all the hoopla over it. I also really liked Geyser Point, so what do I know...

I have only stayed at CCV, but I don't think there is a wrong choice here, both seem to be fantastic options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter