Bounceback - Any luck making recent changes to 2018 FD BB? - update Post 13

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
I have a FD bounce back booked (well, actually two, one for July and one for December) and I am having a super hard time switching resorts. I booked something with the intention of calling back later and making a decision about where to stay, but I have tried 3 different resort possibilities and none of them are available. I think that they have a very limited number of rooms and I think some resorts were totally excluded. I am waiting for the room discounts, hoping we can swing something better, but not holding my breath.

If you have switched your Bounce Back resort, what number did you call? I have spoken to the BounceBack line, is that where you called? Since the promo is over I want to make sure I am calling the right place.

Last edited:
I was able to change my dates by a week. I called the bounce back number thought, not the regular reservations line

I just called to modify our bounceback ressies for a second time. Availability was an issue for one of them (we have 2 different reservations) but not the other. The castmember told me to just keep calling back because availability does shift around with cancellations. This was the regular phone # BTW, though she did put me on hold to double check, so she may have called whoever you end up with when calling the BB #.

You need to get transferred to those who handle BBs. Regular CRO won't see availability, specially if the offer already expired.

It really doesn't matter if WL is available at Rack Rate, they can still exclude it from a promo. It's entirely possible it's excluded from the Bounceback offer.
Were you looking at all category rooms or only some? It's possible CL rooms would be included, but Standard not, for instance

It really doesn't matter if WL is available at Rack Rate, they can still exclude it from a promo. It's entirely possible it's excluded from the Bounceback offer.
Were you looking at all category rooms or only some? It's possible CL rooms would be included, but Standard not, for instance
I was only offered the CL Suite (not even the regular CL room). That was it. Ummm, no Thank you.

Very typical for them to include only the higher cost rooms in the promo and no standard.
Yes, exactly. They were simply not included in the original promo.

Yes, exactly. I think I need to better explain this question in my OP. Has anyone been able to change to a room that appears that it wasn't included in the original promo, even though it's not listed in the list of exclusions? For example, Little Mermaid rooms, POR, POFQ are in the official list of excluded rooms, but WL wasn't. But, I'm certain it wasn't included, except for CL Suites. Will that inventory change a all? Could they add rooms to that promo that is already closed?

Keep in mind that they just cut WL in half, and everyone loves WL in December. It doesn't surprise me that only the CL units are in the offer.

I had a similar experience with another resort. We booked a FD bounceback in early October for December 2018. We were hoping for the Contemporary, but the only availability for the FDBB was 1 bedroom club level. After seeing the December crowds this past year, we called to modify our reservation to September 2018. Still the same experience- the only Contemporary rooms available for the FD offer was 1 bedroom Club Level.
Both CM's that I talked to said to keep checking back as rooms open up occasionally.

I had a similar experience with another resort. We booked a FD bounceback in early October for December 2018. We were hoping for the Contemporary, but the only availability for the FDBB was 1 bedroom club level. After seeing the December crowds this past year, we called to modify our reservation to September 2018. Still the same experience- the only Contemporary rooms available for the FD offer was 1 bedroom Club Level.
Both CM's that I talked to said to keep checking back as rooms open up occasionally.
So, what did you wind up booking? I have tried WL, BC/YC, CR and none of them are available. I think the availability for the FD BB has been *very* limited. It's only 2 of us, so a room discount would be better, but discounts are not out yet, and given the lack of discounts I don't want to assume there will be one.

So, what did you wind up booking? I have tried WL, BC/YC, CR and none of them are available. I think the availability for the FD BB has been *very* limited. It's only 2 of us, so a room discount would be better, but discounts are not out yet, and given the lack of discounts I don't want to assume there will be one.

We ended up keeping our standard room YC FDBB. We got YC initially for December 2018, but then changed it to September 2018. It was about $1000 less in September than December. Both trips, YC standard was available. We decided not to change to Contemporary as we really, really love Storm Along Bay and thought that we would get much more use out of it in September. Right now, we are booked for September 1-8, but I am really curious if Disney will a) offer free dining to the general public in the fall b) what dates/resorts they will offer it for and c) how it compares with a room only discount?
We are still keeping options open.
Good luck and please keep us posted! :-)

We ended up keeping our standard room YC FDBB. We got YC initially for December 2018, but then changed it to September 2018. It was about $1000 less in September than December. Both trips, YC standard was available. We decided not to change to Contemporary as we really, really love Storm Along Bay and thought that we would get much more use out of it in September. Right now, we are booked for September 1-8, but I am really curious if Disney will a) offer free dining to the general public in the fall b) what dates/resorts they will offer it for and c) how it compares with a room only discount?
We are still keeping options open.
Good luck and please keep us posted! :-)

So, I called Bounceback again today with the intention of simply finding out what other choices were available. And low and behold, the agent said he needed to reach out to Guest Services. He wrote down my choices and came back with my first choice (WL). I am so happy!

I think availability is pretty sparse, but I was thinking it was odd that none of the options I asked about yesterday were available. I'm glad I got an agent that knew to reach out to Guest Services for making changes to an expired offer.

So, I called Bounceback again today with the intention of simply finding out what other choices were available. And low and behold, the agent said he needed to reach out to Guest Services. He wrote down my choices and came back with my first choice (WL). I am so happy!

I think availability is pretty sparse, but I was thinking it was odd that none of the options I asked about yesterday were available. I'm glad I got an agent that knew to reach out to Guest Services for making changes to an expired offer.

That is awesome! Congrats! Were you able to get WL for your trip in July or December?
Guest Services- who knew??? :upsidedow I have always used the Bounceback number!

That is awesome! Congrats! Were you able to get WL for your trip in July or December?
Guest Services- who knew??? :upsidedow I have always used the Bounceback number!

The July trip. That one wasn't originally the one I was trying to change to WL. (OK, I may be having some, ahem, indecision issues). But, I recently saw that the level of construction at CSR has gotten more obtrusive, with the tower now being more noticeable, cranes there, construction equipment in the middle of the lake for the building of the restaurant, plus potential noise from room renos, and the food court having some renos as well. So, I was starting to panic that I need *that* changed. I did call the Bounceback line, but the agent worked behind the scenes with Guest Services. Anyways, just posting it here in case this helps someone else going through the same issues!

I'm going to keep my reservation for December 'as is.' That is, until my next bout of indecsions,

The July trip. That one wasn't originally the one I was trying to change to WL. (OK, I may be having some, ahem, indecision issues). But, I recently saw that the level of construction at CSR has gotten more obtrusive, with the tower now being more noticeable, cranes there, construction equipment in the middle of the lake for the building of the restaurant, plus potential noise from room renos, and the food court having some renos as well. So, I was starting to panic that I need *that* changed. I did call the Bounceback line, but the agent worked behind the scenes with Guest Services. Anyways, just posting it here in case this helps someone else going through the same issues!

I'm going to keep my reservation for December 'as is.' That is, until my next bout of indecsions,

I understand wanting out to be out of a construction zone. It's also really good to know that Guest Services is helpful with Bounceback changes. And I completely understand and share the same issues with indecision. I may or may not have already changed my BB offer and may or may not be looking to make more changes before this is all said and done. :rolleyes1

Thanks for your post! It helped me!

We have a FDBB booked in a standard room at BWI this summer. I did end up having to change the dates due to better airfare, and I was able to do so through the regular reservations line. I guess individual mileage may vary.

We have a FDBB booked in a standard room at BWI this summer. I did end up having to change the dates due to better airfare, and I was able to do so through the regular reservations line. I guess individual mileage may vary.
Interesting! Did they put you on hold to talk to guest services or was the agent able to do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter