Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

For those who can remember when they offer bounce back offers generally what is the time period for which you have to return? I am coming in December for a solo trip and hoping a bounce back has dates at least until the end of June 2024 when we are coming back for a wedding. TIA

For those who can remember when they offer bounce back offers generally what is the time period for which you have to return? I am coming in December for a solo trip and hoping a bounce back has dates at least until the end of June 2024 when we are coming back for a wedding. TIA
There are sample offers at the bottom of the first post and we will know more specifics next week, once the offer actually comes out.

In general, the bounceback you could book from October through the following year would have been good for select dates the following year.

Applying how it would have worked to this year, it would start October 2023 (it’s actually starting in July) and you could book through July 2024 for select dates from January through December 2024. So, if it follows the same pattern, you could book in December 2023 for July 2024. Note that the way it worked, you could still book a 2024 bounceback if you went in 2024, but not for 2025.

Again, we are not sure exactly what the booking dates or the bounce-back dates will be, but should know more info next week.

EDIT for clarity

Last edited:

Anyone know, or can speculate, whether or not the Dolphin, Swan and Swan Reserve will be participating in this? I have a friend who will be there later this week after the launch, and would really like to book, but they are staying at Dolphin.

Assuming not since you can only book them as a package through Disney, and not as room only. But never hurts to ask...Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Anyone know, or can speculate, whether or not the Dolphin, Swan and Swan Reserve will be participating in this? I have a friend who will be there later this week after the launch, and would really like to book, but they are staying at Dolphin.

Assuming not since you can only book them as a package through Disney, and not as room only. But never hurts to ask...Thanks for any input.
In the past, they have not been included in Bouncebacks and I doubt they would be because they are not owned by Disney, so why would Disney offer a discount to hotels they don't own? (the bounceback is an incentive for staying currently at Disney and then returning!)

Last edited:
That will make it worthless to me! I check out Sept 3. It's been a long time since I used a BB offer; don't remember what offer timing was.
Well, the timing back in 2017, 2018 and 2019 was you could book free dining as a bounceback from sometime in mid-August through sometime in very early October, for very limited dates the following year. And from early October through mid-August you could book the room discount.

Given that they are going to put out the room discount in July, I don't foresee them changing the bounceback to free dining and then changing it back to room only. Of course, everything depends how soft the bookings are, but even with soft bookings this year, their strategy has been room discounts instead of free dining, so I would just caution about getting hopes up about free dining.

Of course, we'll closely monitor the bounceback offers and hopefully we'll know a lot more next week!

As with all of these offers, the offer that works best for each family varies.

We stay value so dining offers are better for our family. Guests who stay moderate or deluxe normally find room discounts to be the bigger savings.

We have a $50/night dining gift card offer for next month. I repriced our stay when the room only discount came out but the bigger savings for us was the gift card offer.

Here is some additional info that I received in an email from a source different than the one linked on page 39. I just did a copy/paste because I wasn't sure if posting their link was allowed on this forum. I thought this might help the discussion here. It's called a 2023 offer but the dates for the return trip are in 2024.

2023 DISNEY BOUNCEBACK OFFER DETAILS​

Here are the current offers for guests checking out July 5, 2023 or later:

• Save up to 35% on select Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resorts
  • Save up to 30% on select Disney Moderate Resorts
  • Save up to 25% on select Disney Value Resorts
The number of rooms allocated for this discount is limited. That means you may have to be flexible when selecting a hotel if you want to use this discount.

This offer does NOT include: Fort Wilderness campsites, 3-bedroom Grand Villas, Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

ELIGIBLE BOUCEBACK DATES​

Not all dates are eligible for the Bounceback offer. Your trip will need to begin within one of the windows below in order to qualify for the offer:

January

• 7-10, 15-18, 21-25, 28-31
February

• 1, 4-28, 11-14, 19-22, 25-29
March

• 1-16, 31
April

• 1-30
May

• 1-23, 27-31
June

• 1-30
July

• 1-31
August

• 1-29
September

• 2-30
October

• 27-31
November

• 25-27
December

• 1-24

Here is some additional info that I received in an email from a source different than the one linked on page 39. I just did a copy/paste because I wasn't sure if posting their link was allowed on this forum. I thought this might help the discussion here. It's called a 2023 offer but the dates for the return trip are in 2024.

2023 DISNEY BOUNCEBACK OFFER DETAILS​

Here are the current offers for guests checking out July 5, 2023 or later:

• Save up to 35% on select Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resorts
  • Save up to 30% on select Disney Moderate Resorts
  • Save up to 25% on select Disney Value Resorts
The number of rooms allocated for this discount is limited. That means you may have to be flexible when selecting a hotel if you want to use this discount.

This offer does NOT include: Fort Wilderness campsites, 3-bedroom Grand Villas, Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

ELIGIBLE BOUCEBACK DATES​

Not all dates are eligible for the Bounceback offer. Your trip will need to begin within one of the windows below in order to qualify for the offer:

January

• 7-10, 15-18, 21-25, 28-31
February

• 1, 4-28, 11-14, 19-22, 25-29
March

• 1-16, 31
April

• 1-30
May

• 1-23, 27-31
June

• 1-30
July

• 1-31
August

• 1-29
September

• 2-30
October

• 27-31
November

• 25-27
December

• 1-24
Thank you! Interesting language about trip needing to begin in one of those dates. In the past, for the room discounts, they would apply the discount to nights that were part of the offer, not necessarily when you would check in. This new language sounds more like package rules. Appreciate you sharing and we’ll have to see how the specifics work.

Thank you! Interesting language about trip needing to begin in one of those dates. In the past, for the room discounts, they would apply the discount to nights that were part of the offer, not necessarily when you would check in. This new language sounds more like package rules. Appreciate you sharing and we’ll have to see how the specifics work.
Yes, I noticed that too. I'm wondering if the trip extends past those listed dates will we be charged rack rate for any nights not falling within the range. That will definitely be my first question when I call to take advantage of this.

The change that I am most happy about is that the offer is valid for seven nights after check out. I didn't like having to make the call while on a trip. It will be nice to be able to wait until I'm home and back to normal routine.

Yes, I noticed that too. I'm wondering if the trip extends past those listed dates will we be charged rack rate for any nights not falling within the range. That will definitely be my first question when I call to take advantage of this.

The change that I am most happy about is that the offer is valid for seven nights after check out. I didn't like having to make the call while on a trip. It will be nice to be able to wait until I'm home and back to normal routine.
Me too! It gives a lot more flexibility not to have to do this *during* the trip!

I found a picture and it looks like it's the same rules as other room only offers: you could check in during any date, but only the dates listed are eligible for the discount.

Me too! It gives a lot more flexibility not to have to do this *during* the trip!

I found a picture and it looks like it's the same rules as other room only offers: you could check in during any date, but only the dates listed are eligible for the discount.
I'm assuming your picture is the actual offer card that will be distributed in guest rooms. It clearly says that only those dates listed are eligible, which was the clarification I needed. The copy/paste that I posted above was from a WDW Prep School email. They stated "Your trip will need to begin within one of the windows below in order to qualify for the offer" which kind of implies that you'd get the offer for your entire trip as long as it started within the listed ranges. I think that's misleading and not the case.
Is that your take as well?

I'm assuming your picture is the actual offer card that will be distributed in guest rooms. It clearly says that only those dates listed are eligible, which was the clarification I needed. The copy/paste that I posted above was from a WDW Prep School email. They stated "Your trip will need to begin within one of the windows below in order to qualify for the offer" which kind of implies that you'd get the offer for your entire trip as long as it started within the listed ranges. I think that's misleading and not the case.
Is that your take as well?
It sounds like WDW Prep thinks this is a discount for a package deal (like Play, Stay Dine or Free Dining) - where the discounted elements (dining, etc.) were based on your arrival date - with the room discounts, where each date is individually discounted or not.

To me, the flyer looks like it's the typical room discount offer with the dates the discount is available. Arriving on an eligible does not mean you have the discount for the entire stay, and conversely, *not* arriving on an eligible date, but having eligible dates in your stay means those eligible dates will be discounted even if your first date is not eligible.

Examples:
  • Your stay is March 16 - 23. Only your first night is discounted, the rest would be at rack rate because only March 1 - 16 are discounted.
  • Your stay is March 30 - April 7. Your first night is rack rate but the rest of your stay is discounted because 3/31 - 4/30 are eligible.
We'll know for sure either way after July 5th when people can book the offer and can confirm. If anyone is going soon and have dates that straddle, we could really use the information. I would suggest looking up the rack rates for your dates and calculating in advance what the cost would be with the 25% off values, 30% off moderates and 35% off deluxes. Mousesavers is a great resource for checking out the prices in advance.

It sounds like WDW Prep thinks this is a discount for a package deal (like Play, Stay Dine or Free Dining) - where the discounted elements (dining, etc.) were based on your arrival date - with the room discounts, where each date is individually discounted or not.

To me, the flyer looks like it's the typical room discount offer with the dates the discount is available. Arriving on an eligible does not mean you have the discount for the entire stay, and conversely, *not* arriving on an eligible date, but having eligible dates in your stay means those eligible dates will be discounted even if your first date is not eligible.

Examples:
  • Your stay is March 16 - 23. Only your first night is discounted, the rest would be at rack rate because only March 1 - 16 are discounted.
  • Your stay is March 30 - April 7. Your first night is rack rate but the rest of your stay is discounted because 3/31 - 4/30 are eligible.
We'll know for sure either way after July 5th when people can book the offer and can confirm. If anyone is going soon and have dates that straddle, we could really use the information. I would suggest looking up the rack rates for your dates and calculating in advance what the cost would be with the 25% off values, 30% off moderates and 35% off deluxes. Mousesavers is a great resource for checking out the prices in advance.
I agree with everything you wrote.
My next trip is in August and I'll want to return in January 2024. I was considering booking the January trip now because there are only a small number of the specific room type I want. Do you know if in the past the Bounce Back offers could be applied to existing reservations if the dates were compatible?

They are not included, only Disney owned & operated resorts.

As with all of these offers, the offer that works best for each family varies.

We stay value so dining offers are better for our family. Guests who stay moderate or deluxe normally find room discounts to be the bigger savings.

We have a $50/night dining gift card offer for next month. I repriced our stay when the room only discount came out but the bigger savings for us was the gift card offer.
Same here, the dining promo was the equivalent of a 35% discount. The resort only discount was, for our dates, 25%. And we will use all of the credit. We don’t go until September, please let us know if there’s a list of places where the dining card can be used! And if the tip can be added or if it must be paid separately. Have a great trip!

Wondering if you can book more than one trip with the BB. We are going in the fall and would love to have guaranteed discounts for possibly 2 trips next year.

Wondering if you can book more than one trip with the BB. We are going in the fall and would love to have guaranteed discounts for possibly 2 trips next year.
It used to be that you could book up to 3 rooms at the same time and unlimited different dates; I personally had booked 2 trips on bounceback (both were booked in 2019 for dates in July and December 2020). I can’t imagine they would limit to only one booking, as they are clearly trying to fill rooms. But keep in mind that as is the case with any offer, resorts and rooms may be limited, and it pays to be flexible with resort and room type.

Since bouncebacks have been on pause for more than 3 years, it’s possible some features will be different. So far, the only thing that is different is that you can book up to 7 days after check-out, which is a welcome change. And that you may get an email with the offer when you check out, which would also be good. The FAQ in the first post has all the information until early 2020 and I will continue updating as more information comes in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter