Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

Update
I called two different days during my Disney vacation to book a bounceback for Caribbean Beach. I gave them four different weeks in summer and they had no availability for any category other than a king room for one of those weeks. I called back once I returned home and had more time to talk with someone about the complete lack of inventory (even though everyday is listed under the current offer) in all room categories that sleep 4/5. The representative went through various different start dates during those four weeks and was able to find some availability. I wanted 9 nights which was only available starting July 5th or 6th in a preferred room. Anything else over 7 nights during those 4 weeks was unavailable. We ended up going with a different week in July because we had previously booked a bounceback for the Contemporary theme park view for a night leading into what was our was Riverside but now is Caribbean stay. So we have one night bounceback offer at the Contemporary. Two nights full price standard 5th room sleeper Caribbean Beach. And then 7 nights bounceback Caribbean standard 5th room sleeper. Even though I wasn’t able to get the discount for all the nights I’m still happy that the majority of our stay was discounted.
Hard work pays off!

I've read through the FAQs and I have a couple of questions:

(1) If I book a bounceback for, say, a week in May and 2 months from now I decide I want to modify it and change it to 10 days in September at a different resort (or even the same resort), assuming there is availability, can I do that and still qualify for the bounceback rate? Or is the change/modify feature available only if one is still staying during at least some of the time of the original booking?

(2) If I'm not the lead guest on the current reservation but I am listed as a guest on the reservation, can I still book a bounceback for myself--one that might not include the current reservation's lead guest? I am staying in the room and I assume this means I qualify, but I want to double-check.

Thanks!

I've read through the FAQs and I have a couple of questions:

(1) If I book a bounceback for, say, a week in May and 2 months from now I decide I want to modify it and change it to 10 days in September at a different resort (or even the same resort), assuming there is availability, can I do that and still qualify for the bounceback rate? Or is the change/modify feature available only if one is still staying during at least some of the time of the original booking?

(2) If I'm not the lead guest on the current reservation but I am listed as a guest on the reservation, can I still book a bounceback for myself--one that might not include the current reservation's lead guest? I am staying in the room and I assume this means I qualify, but I want to double-check.

Thanks!

Yes, you can change to different dates or resort with availability. You can’t cancel & rebook, so be careful to just change.

Yes, as a registered guest you’re eligible to book a bounceback. You don’t have to be the lead guest on your current stay. You will be the lead guest on your bounceback reservation.

Yes, you can change to different dates or resort with availability. You can’t cancel & rebook, so be careful to just change.

Yes, as a registered guest you’re eligible to book a bounceback. You don’t have to be the lead guest on your current stay. You will be the lead guest on your bounceback reservation.
Thank you so much! It took me this long to respond because I've been busy in the parks and asleep in the room!

Posting in case it helps someone:
Used the bounceback offer (I did not get any sort of notice in the room nor did I see anything in the app, but I did get an email the day after I checked out). April 6-13 2024, Old Key West 1 Bedroom Villa, room only:

4/6 and 4/13: 487.50 per night before tax, 548.45 after tax
4/7-4/11: 425.10 per night before tax, 478.25 after tax

Total: 3,100.50 before tax, 3,488.13 after tax

This was room only, no tickets, memory maker, insurance, or extras. She did try to sell them to me but accepted my polite no thank you :). Initially offered as a basic package (not named as such) but I asked for room only when I heard the $200 deposit and she switched it to that. By my calculations this is a savings of $1780 over current rack rate.

Posting in case it helps someone:
Used the bounceback offer (I did not get any sort of notice in the room nor did I see anything in the app, but I did get an email the day after I checked out). April 6-13 2024, Old Key West 1 Bedroom Villa, room only:

4/6 and 4/13: 487.50 per night before tax, 548.45 after tax
4/7-4/11: 425.10 per night before tax, 478.25 after tax

Total: 3,100.50 before tax, 3,488.13 after tax

This was room only, no tickets, memory maker, insurance, or extras. She did try to sell them to me but accepted my polite no thank you :). Initially offered as a basic package (not named as such) but I asked for room only when I heard the $200 deposit and she switched it to that. By my calculations this is a savings of $1780 over current rack rate.
Great info; thanks for sharing!

Does anyone happen to know if all of your dates need to fall within the Bounceback offer dates? For example, trip starts a day before eligible dates and extends one day past eligible dates?

Also, how has availability been for those who have called to book? Were you able to get the dates you wanted?

Does anyone happen to know if all of your dates need to fall within the Bounceback offer dates? For example, trip starts a day before eligible dates and extends one day past eligible dates?

Also, how has availability been for those who have called to book? Were you able to get the dates you wanted?
I have not tried this myself, but my understanding is that the dates that are outside the bounceback offer dates would be billed at rack rate, and the dates that fall within the bounceback offer dates would be billed at the bounceback rate.

We were able to get quotes for both resorts we're interested in for all 3 dates we were looking at. But even so we were warned that availability is limited. We still haven't booked, but are planning to do so over the weekend.

I have not tried this myself, but my understanding is that the dates that are outside the bounceback offer dates would be billed at rack rate, and the dates that fall within the bounceback offer dates would be billed at the bounceback rate.

We were able to get quotes for both resorts we're interested in for all 3 dates we were looking at. But even so we were warned that availability is limited. We still haven't booked, but are planning to do so over
That’s what I had hoped would be the case, that they would give the discount for the nights that were included with the offer. We don’t go until October so I’ve still got a few months before I can try booking it.

Is there a code with this offer to play around with dates and prices online or do you have to call?

So, we just made 3 bounceback reservations.

They're supposed to be room only (we have APs) but the reservation confirmation says "Disney Resort Hotel Package Basic Plan." Is that the same as room only? Or do we now have to call back and get the correct room-only reservation?

So, we just made 3 bounceback reservations.

They're supposed to be room only (we have APs) but the reservation confirmation says "Disney Resort Hotel Package Basic Plan." Is that the same as room only? Or do we now have to call back and get the correct room-only reservation?
It sounds like a ticketless package. Did you pay a $200 deposit (ticketless package) per room or did you pay a 1-night deposit (room only) per room? I would call back because the terms for packages are not as favorable as room only. You have a 30-day cancellation and they charge the full amount balance at 30 days. The room only has a 5-day cancellation and you pay the balance at check-in.

P.S.- I think the ticketless package also adds $20 per room.

It sounds like a ticketless package. Did you pay a $200 deposit (ticketless package) per room or did you pay a 1-night deposit (room only) per room? I would call back because the terms for packages are not as favorable as room only. You have a 30-day cancellation and they charge the full amount balance at 30 days. The room only has a 5-day cancellation and you pay the balance at check-in.

P.S.- I think the ticketless package also adds $20 per room.
My sister made the reservations, so I'm emailing with her to get this straightened out. She asked for room-only reservations, but was given the package and she didn't realize it. I think the CM even told her they were room-only, but I wasn't on the call, so I'm not sure.

I feel awful because I was helping her with this but she made the call, took all that time on the phone, etc., and now she has to call back. Very very very annoying.

ETA: My sister's on hold right now. I'll report back with the resolution.

Last edited:
My sister made the reservations, so I'm emailing with her to get this straightened out. She asked for room-only reservations, but was given the package and she didn't realize it. I think the CM even told her they were room-only, but I wasn't on the call, so I'm not sure.

I feel awful because I was helping her with this but she made the call, took all that time on the phone, etc., and now she has to call back. Very very very annoying.
They push the packages hard. I've caught them booking me a package when I specifically asked for room only. The 200.00 deposit is the tell.
It's worth the call back.
(If you have time maybe give her an estimate of what each one night deposit should be?)

They push the packages hard. I've caught them booking me a package when I specifically asked for room only. The 200.00 deposit is the tell.
(If you have time maybe give her an estimate of what each one night deposit should be?)
Thanks. I told her that if she rebooks and they still say $200 deposit then it's still a package. I hope she's aware. I don't think she would've known what she booked if she hadn't forwarded me the confirmations (which I guess maybe she didn't even look at) and I saw what had happened.

ETA: My sister just wrote back to me. The rezzes seem to be correct now--the deposit amounts were not $200--but she still hasn't received the confirmation emails, so we're holding our breath until they appear. And I'll report back when they do.

Word to the wise: Make dead sure you're getting a room-only reservation when you book your bounceback. When my sister made the initial bounceback reservations, she told them more than once "room only" but the CM ignored her.

Last edited:
The rezzes seem to be correct now--the deposit amounts were not $200--but she still hasn't received the confirmation emails, so we're holding our breath until they appear. And I'll report back when they do.

Just FYI, I made a bounceback a few days after we got home & never got the email. The confirmation number linked to my MDE just fine. I ended up with Covid & was too sick to worry about calling. However, I did get an actual confirmation paper in the mail last week. So just in case the email doesn’t come, you might get a mailed confirmation.

Just FYI, I made a bounceback a few days after we got home & never got the email. The confirmation number linked to my MDE just fine. I ended up with Covid & was too sick to worry about calling. However, I did get an actual confirmation paper in the mail last week. So just in case the email doesn’t come, you might get a mailed confirmation.
Update here.

(1) My sister was able to change all 3 reservations so they're room only now. For everyone's information, the emails with our room-only reservations described say "CY24 BB RO Room Only" on them, so it's quite clear what's what.

(2) My sister did get email confirmation of all 3 reservations.

(3) Whew! And thank you to all my fellow DISboarders. So helpful, as always!

ETA: The CM my sister spoke with when she called to change the reservations to room-only was very apologetic about what had happened.

Absolutely agree with the bolded. If your deposit is $200 even, you can be sure they booked a package. Even value resorts wouldn’t be exactly $200 for a night’s deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter