Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

May I ask...as a Canadian, is it worth it to book the FD with full price tickets? I wonder if the discount on tickets for Canadians, assuming they offer it, makes it more worth it to book a room discount and cheaper tickets vs free dining?
It really depends on your personal situation and, what category of resort you like to stay in.

For us, we stay in a value resort and even combining a room discount with CDN tickets, FD is still a greater savings for us.

It’s hard to hypothetically calculate the room discount + CDN tickets but if I was to try to do it I’d calculate it with:
Deluxe 25% discount
Mod 20% discount
Value 15% discount

Tickets, were basically a 4 day ticket for a tiny bit less than a 3 day ticket when we bought them earlier this year.

This is really rough but hope it helps you run some approximate numbers.

The far easier way is, if you’re at Disney during the FD BB, book it.

If they come out with a CDN ticket discount + a room discount, run your numbers and see which is less. A BB can be cancelled up to 30 days before your arrival and you get your full $200 deposit back.

Oh, I didn't mean I booked the reservation yet, you need to be in your room (this a bounce back offer) just discussed when we wanted to return and know I have $200 for the deposit.

You need to be staying on site and call while still there. We've booked two rooms with the offer. Not sure you can do more. You will need a $200 deposit at time of reservation (for each room reserved).

It really depends on your personal situation and, what category of resort you like to stay in.

For us, we stay in a value resort and even combining a room discount with CDN tickets, FD is still a greater savings for us.

It’s hard to hypothetically calculate the room discount + CDN tickets but if I was to try to do it I’d calculate it with:
Deluxe 25% discount
Mod 20% discount
Value 15% discount

Tickets, were basically a 4 day ticket for a tiny bit less than a 3 day ticket when we bought them earlier this year.

This is really rough but hope it helps you run some approximate numbers.

The far easier way is, if you’re at Disney during the FD BB, book it.

If they come out with a CDN ticket discount + a room discount, run your numbers and see which is less. A BB can be cancelled up to 30 days before your arrival and you get your full $200 deposit back.
Thanks!

Does anyone know how many rooms you can book with the bb if you are at disney?
From the FAQ (Post #1 in this thread):

Can I book multiple Bounceback reservations or rooms?
  • Yes, you can book more than 1 room, up to 3 rooms at the same time.
  • New this year, you can place the other room in another guests' name that is not traveling currently with you and you can book up to 3 rooms, regardless of the number of adults traveling with you. Note that if you need to cancel your room, theirs will be cancelled too.
  • You can also book bouncebacks for different time periods (e.g., one in July and one in December). There is no limit to the number of different time periods you can have. The limits come in the number of rooms at one time, which is 3.

Just curious.....because a bounce back is being offered does that mean more than likely a free dining offer will be released sometime next year too to general public. I thought I remember reading/hearing (of course speculation) somewhere that They thought they wouldn’t be surprised if this would be the last year free dining was offered

Just curious.....because a bounce back is being offered does that mean more than likely a free dining offer will be released sometime next year too to general public. I thought I remember reading/hearing (of course speculation) somewhere that They thought they wouldn’t be surprised if this would be the last year free dining was offered
Nothing is guaranteed, but the new FD bounceback for next year is always a good, hopeful sign that it may be offered to the general public next year. Look for it as early as January. That’s when it came out this year after years of an April release.

No one knows what will happen next year because it will depend on how bookings are going. What Disney has been doing is being very selective about what dates, resorts and rooms it offers for discounts. This has been happening for a while and will continue to happen.

Having said that, I think we *will* continue to see Free Dining because it is an extremely effective way of filling specific dates, rooms and resorts that are not selling well, and it also works like a Marketing tool "come check it out, we have an offer for free food." Guests check it out and even if there isn't availability, they start considering going to WDW.

But, once you check the availability, the offers may have you check in on specific dates (like midweek), or be available only for certain room categories and resorts that are not selling well. Those that are flexible to change resorts or room categories or move their dates slightly may be able to take advantage of promos like free dining. I think finding standard rooms will be hardest.

Last edited:
I read through the FAQ so apologies if I missed it, but I just wanted to confirm my suspicion.

We wanted to book a bounceback for us next December. Now, my in-laws want to join us, but they already have a 4-day hopper they haven’t used yet. I’m assuming it’s not possible to book the free dining bounceback package for us, and add them to the room without needing them to buy tickets?

Basically is my assumption correct that anyone who’s on the bounceback room reservation will need tickets+hotel+free dining?

Yes, your assumption is correct in order to qualify for the bounce back offer you need the hotel and tickets (free dining is the offer).

Now your in laws could purchase or be part of a bounce back offer and "save" their tickets they already have. Let's see if I can explain, the tickets they currently have - have an expiration date, but if they are not used at all - the ticket "value at time of purchase" can be used to upgrade later.

They in essence will have two sets of tickets. One assigned to the package and one that they would have the value of to put toward another trip\ticket.

I know the new bounceback is out but I was hoping to see the brochure when I checked in today. I didn’t receive any new or old bb info.

will you ask the front desk?
I’ll ask the maids tomorrow. They’re the ones that have the brochures, but they may still have the old ones. Maybe the new ones just aren’t out yet since the old bb doesn’t officially end til the 15th of August.

Every time I ask about bounceback or future stay brochures at the front desk, nobody knows what I’m talking about. Lol.

I’ll ask the maids tomorrow. They’re the ones that have the brochures, but they may still have the old ones. Maybe the new ones just aren’t out yet since the old bb doesn’t officially end til the 15th of August.

Every time I ask about bounceback or future stay brochures at the front desk, nobody knows what I’m talking about. Lol.
That's par for the course. I'm retired now but they use to do computer updates at night and not tell anyone and when we tried to access the proprietary network we couldnt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter