Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

When you book a bounceback can you shift your dates to any dates that fall within the offer? I booked one for July but i want to change the dates to April and change it from 2 adults and 2 kids to just 2 adults. They'll let me do that, right?
No, there is no guarantee that you will be able to do that. You can call and see if what you want to do is available but there is never a guarantee. It's best to call as soon as possible to see if you can do what you want.

There have been time's I've wanted to add just 1 day or shift our vacation by only 1 day and was not able to do it.

When you book a bounceback can you shift your dates to any dates that fall within the offer? I booked one for July but i want to change the dates to April and change it from 2 adults and 2 kids to just 2 adults. They'll let me do that, right?
Yes, you can modify your bounceback as long as it falls within the included dates and as long as there is availability under the promo. The included April discounted dates are: April 1-2 12-30.

Can I change or modify a bounceback reservation?
  • Yes, you can change or modify your bounceback reservation, even if the "book-by" date is past.
  • If you are changing dates, the new dates must also fall within the original offer (just like when you book any other Disney offer).
  • There also needs to be availability under the promo.
  • You can add or remove days, as long as there is current availability under the promo as if you were making a new booking.
  • You can add or delete guests from the reservation, as long as you do not exceed room occupancy, but the lead person on the reservation must remain.
  • Your bounceback reservation cannot be modified online. You will need to call to make any changes.
  • Call the bounceback line (407-939-1923) and explain what changes you want. They may need to loop in Guest Services if the promo is already past the "book-by" date.

Yes, you can modify your bounceback as long as it falls within the included dates and as long as there is availability under the promo. The included April discounted dates are: April 1-2 12-30.

Can I change or modify a bounceback reservation?
  • Yes, you can change or modify your bounceback reservation, even if the "book-by" date is past.
  • If you are changing dates, the new dates must also fall within the original offer (just like when you book any other Disney offer).
  • There also needs to be availability under the promo.
  • You can add or remove days, as long as there is current availability under the promo as if you were making a new booking.
  • You can add or delete guests from the reservation, as long as you do not exceed room occupancy, but the lead person on the reservation must remain.
  • Your bounceback reservation cannot be modified online. You will need to call to make any changes.
  • Call the bounceback line (407-939-1923) and explain what changes you want. They may need to loop in Guest Services if the promo is already past the "book-by" date.
While this is quite correct, it's best to call as soon as possible to try and make the changes. (1-407-939-1923)

Last year I tried to add 1 night to my BB offer 6 months before we were travelling and I was not able to even though I called a number of times over a 2 month period. Moving a BB is not as easy as it is made to appear. The year before I attempted to shift our BB by 1 night (again calling months in advance) and was also unsuccessful that time.

I hope it works for you. Please let us know your outcome @SarahC97.

While this is quite correct, it's best to call as soon as possible to try and make the changes. (1-407-939-1923)

Last year I tried to add 1 night to my BB offer 6 months before we were travelling and I was not able to even though I called a number of times over a 2 month period. Moving a BB is not as easy as it is made to appear. The year before I attempted to shift our BB by 1 night (again calling months in advance) and was also unsuccessful that time.

I hope it works for you. Please let us know your outcome @SarahC97.
Well, they didn't have anything better than what I can book with an AP discount so I'm going to book that. Thanks for the input, everyone!

I was able to successfully add a day to a bounceback I booked for June at Pop, though!

The reality is that discounts are much harder to get now than a few years ago. As @scrappinginontario mentioned, adding and dropping days are not guaranteed. They have to be available as a new booking under the promo. It’s always worth calling, and if there is a discount available (be it general public, or bounceback or AP or FL for those that qualify), go ahead and grab it because Disney is being very selective about the dates, resorts and rooms that are available under the promos. So grab it if it’s offered, and if it’s not, ask if there are any other resorts/rooms available under the promo. Good luck DISers!

Well, they didn't have anything better than what I can book with an AP discount so I'm going to book that. Thanks for the input, everyone!

I was able to successfully add a day to a bounceback I booked for June at Pop, though!
Thanks for reporting!

I have asked this before, and don't remember (or trust my memory) with the response I got in the past. I'll also admit I'm feeling lazy and after several pages gave up looking. So, can you book a BB offer and have it applied to a preexisting reservation? I have two booked, one in July and the other in December (both fall perfectly in the dates) but just would like the discount applied, so is that even possible? I don't want to have to go about canceling and re doing everything when we already have the room categories we want. (I also realize this might be a stupid and redundant question, apologies!)

I have asked this before, and don't remember (or trust my memory) with the response I got in the past. I'll also admit I'm feeling lazy and after several pages gave up looking. So, can you book a BB offer and have it applied to a preexisting reservation? I have two booked, one in July and the other in December (both fall perfectly in the dates) but just would like the discount applied, so is that even possible? I don't want to have to go about canceling and re doing everything when we already have the room categories we want. (I also realize this might be a stupid and redundant question, apologies!)
Call the BB number while you are at Disney. If they are able to apply the discount to your current reservations they will do that. This will be based upon availability when you call.

Call the BB number while you are at Disney. If they are able to apply the discount to your current reservations they will do that. This will be based upon availability when you call.

So when you call you call tell them you have an existing future reservation and you want to see if the BB offer beats that rate? They won't care that you were already planning on bouncing back anyway? 😊

Hi, all - I'm thinking of taking advantage of BB during my trip next week (YAAAAAYYYY!!!! But I digress.) What is the fastest way to do this? In other words, what is the way that requires me to be on the phone with Disney resort reservations LEAST while I'm at WDW? Book now and see if they can apply the discount when i call? Get myself a fantastic Disney travel agent who can do this for me? Call right at 7 am (albeit not on RotR day)?

Many thanks!

Hi, all - I'm thinking of taking advantage of BB during my trip next week (YAAAAAYYYY!!!! But I digress.) What is the fastest way to do this? In other words, what is the way that requires me to be on the phone with Disney resort reservations LEAST while I'm at WDW? Book now and see if they can apply the discount when i call? Get myself a fantastic Disney travel agent who can do this for me? Call right at 7 am (albeit not on RotR day)?

Many thanks!

Call 8844 from your room phone. Do it when ever you want. Have your current reservation number, credit card info, dates & resort preferences ready. I have never waited more than a few minutes for someone to answer that number. I personally don’t think making a reservation now will help. What if that resort or room type isn’t available? The only thing I can see having a reservation already might help is not having to give your credit card number. and it takes less than a minute to do that anyway.

I don’t use a travel agent so not sure if they can make a bounceback for you. Personally I would want to call myself because all resorts & room types might not be available for my dates. Those things can change constantly. I’d want to call myself to make a decision quickly without having a travel agent as a go between.

I usually pick a time we’re at the resort for downtime & call then. If you find the wait time is too long, you can always call back later. Or take the number with you & call while waiting for a bus or ride. Just have the other info too & a pad to write down costs & the confirmation number.

Call 8844 from your room phone. Do it when ever you want. Have your current reservation number, credit card info, dates & resort preferences ready. I have never waited more than a few minutes for someone to answer that number. I personally don’t think making a reservation now will help. What if that resort or room type isn’t available? The only thing I can see having a reservation already might help is not having to give your credit card number. and it takes less than a minute to do that anyway.

I don’t use a travel agent so not sure if they can make a bounceback for you. Personally I would want to call myself because all resorts & room types might not be available for my dates. Those things can change constantly. I’d want to call myself to make a decision quickly without having a travel agent as a go between.

I usually pick a time we’re at the resort for downtime & call then. If you find the wait time is too long, you can always call back later. Or take the number with you & call while waiting for a bus or ride. Just have the other info too & a pad to write down costs & the confirmation number.
Thank you!

Many thanks!

I would not try to book this ahead of time. Just do it when you get there whenever you get a chance. FWIW, my lowest wait times have been in the evening.

Whatever you do, don’t wait until checkout date to call. I foolishly made that mistake on my last trip and the computers were down, so they couldn’t book anything. I had to keep calling back. It made for a very stressful checkout day.

FYI, TAs are able to book bouncebacks, but I’m not really sure if they already have to be the TA on your current reservation for them to call on your behalf. Every case I’ve heard of a TA booking a BB for a guest, they were already the TA. But, I guess if you hire a new TA and give them all your info: names, ages, address, current reservation #, dates, and resort, they could book it for you. Note that if you use a TA and need to make any changes to that reservation, you will have to do them via the TA. I think the most difficult part of using a TA for a BB is, what if they don’t have your resort or dates available for the bounceback? You can decide to check additional iterations (a different resort or dates), but the TA may not know what other options may be acceptable to you.

I would just call early in the trip.

I’m going to offer something a little different.

Based on a suggestion here, last time I prebooked the exact vacation I wanted to book a BB for, the week before we left for Disney. (I’ll admit I was sceptical at the time!!)

I called the BB number, gave them the confirmation number of my future trip and they were able to apply the BB code to my reservation.

My entire call from start to finish was 4 minutes!! The added bonus was, I had done all the calculations at home and knew what the new price should be so when she quoted me the new amount I knew I’d got the exact trip I wanted!! No up-selling to be concerned about as we’ve heard more about recently.

I will do this again before we head to Disney next time! Even if the exact trip I want isn’t available, it’s still easier when they don’t have to record the name of each person in our party and take my cc info.

I’m going to offer something a little different.

Based on a suggestion here, last time I prebooked the exact vacation I wanted to book a BB for, the week before we left for Disney. (I’ll admit I was sceptical at the time!!)

I called the BB number, gave them the confirmation number of my future trip and they were able to apply the BB code to my reservation.

My entire call from start to finish was 4 minutes!! The added bonus was, I had done all the calculations at home and knew what the new price should be so when she quoted me the new amount I knew I’d got the exact trip I wanted!! No up-selling to be concerned about as we’ve heard more about recently.

I will do this again before we head to Disney next time! Even if the exact trip I want isn’t available, it’s still easier when they don’t have to record the name of each person in our party and take my cc info.
That was kind of my thought. The room/dates I want may not be available, but if so, it'll be easy. If not, hey, no loss, I can book a new one, cancel the old one, and shazam.

For those who have booked bounce back with a room discount, do you buy the dining plan? Do you find it saves you more to do the room discount than free dining?

We find that booking a free dining promo, a better deal for us than a room discount. We are 2 adults and 1 Disney adult (age 10+). We usually stay in a value resort room. Even if they offered us a 20% per night discount on a $200 room, it would only be a savings of $40. We cannot eat for $40 a day for three peopl.

it is important to remember that in order to qualify for a free dining promo, you must stay a certain number of nights (minimum), purchase a certain number of days park hopper tickets (usually 4 or 5 day) and pay "rack rate" for your room.

Also the free dining is sometimes for quick service dining (you can upgrade for additional costs, per night of your stay). (If you upgrade tips are not included in the table service credit). There is currently a kids free din ing promo (ages 3-9). Just remember everyone in the room would require the same component of the offer. In the case of kids free dining plan, adults would be required to purchas e the dining plan.

if staying at a deluxe resort or better, the discount of the room, may be a better discount.

It actually becomes a math problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!