Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread (updated with bounceback for 2020 dates) - Read first post

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
For those who have booked bounce back with a room discount, do you buy the dining plan? Do you find it saves you more to do the room discount than free dining?
Free Dining comes out to be a discount of:
$55 per adult and $26 per child, per night, staying Value or Mod
$78 per adult and $30.50 per child, per night, staying Deluxe

You can compare those numbers with the room discount. In general, FD is a better deal when staying in values, room discount is a better deal when staying Deluxe. The higher the number of Disney adults in the room and the cheaper the resort is, the higher the probability that FD is the better deal. The smaller the number of Disney adults in the room and the more expensive the resort is, the higher the probability that room discount is a better deal.

Also, you need to have a minimum 4 day park hopper ticket for FD. The PH can add an unnecessary expense to those that don’t need it.

Finally, FD dates look to be extremely limited for 2020. So, even if it’s a good deal for you, were you able to get it booked for your dates? And conversely, not every date is included in the BB room discount. So, you have to do the actual math of both discounts to determine which one is a better deal.

P.S. - we have not purchased the dining plan since we had two Disney kids (under 9), but we have booked FD once and have a FD trip coming up (4 Disney adults, staying mod).

Last edited:

Disneylover99

DIS Veteran
For those who have booked bounce back with a room discount, do you buy the dining plan? Do you find it saves you more to do the room discount than free dining?
No. While I love free dining, I would never pay for the dining plan. We can eat for way less than $220 per day - the cost of the quick service dining plan.

You really need to look at the deluxe discounts carefully as well. When I price out the room discount for my dates in August, I can get a deluxe for up to 25% off, but that doesn’t mean all deluxe resorts are 25% off.

Using two comparably priced deluxes, the Poly and the GF, my discount at the Poly for a standard room is only $56 per night, just 10% off, while my discount at the GF standard is $166 per night with 25% off. So it would be a better deal to get Fd at the Poly, but at the GF I’d more than likely take the room discount, buy discounted tickets and drop the hopper for my family of four.

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
No. While I love free dining, I would never pay for the dining plan. We can eat for way less than $220 per day - the cost of the quick service dining plan.

You really need to look at the deluxe discounts carefully as well. When I price out the room discount for my dates in August, I can get a deluxe for up to 25% off, but that doesn’t mean all deluxe resorts are 25% off.

Using two comparably priced deluxes, the Poly and the GF, my discount at the Poly for a standard room is only $56 per night, just 10% off, while my discount at the GF standard is $166 per night with 25% off. S
o it would be a better deal to get Fd at the Poly, but at the GF I’d more than likely take the room discount, buy discounted tickets and drop the hopper for my family of four.
This! Disney is not discounting across the board. Some resorts are only 10% off, some 25%, some 30%, some room categories are included, some not, some dates are discounted, some not. You have to price out each option.

scrappinginontario

DIS Veteran
The majority of our trips are FD trips. The couple of times we have visited without FD I chose to purchase the dining plan.

Did I save money? I’m guessing ‘no’ but, I live the rest of my life on a fairly tight budget so I find that almost impossible to turn off at Disney. The odd time we’ve been there without a dining plan, even if for just 1 night, I find myself stressing about every penny we’re spending on food. I order things I don’t really want because what I want is $3 more.

I purchase the dining plan because it is a gift to myself to have food and snacks paid for in advance! No stressing about food costs while we’re there and to me, that’s worth the cost of the plan.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS