Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK! This thread will compile the latest Bounceback offers and FAQs.
WHAT IS THE CURRENT BOUNCEBACK? (for a future stay in 2024)
The current bounceback is a 25-35% discount off specific 2024 dates.
  • Save up to 35% on select Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resorts
  • Save up to 30% on select Disney Moderate Resorts
  • Save up to 25% on select Disney Value Resorts

DISNEY BOUNCEBACK OFFER PROMO PIC

IMG_3780.jpeg

Fine print:
  • The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Savings is based on the non-discounted price for the same room.
  • Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Additional per-adult charges may apply if there are more than two adults per room.
  • Advance reservations required. Deposit is required at the time of booking.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-Bedroom Grand Villas, Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows and Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
  • This offer is only available to guests staying at select Walt Disney World hotels and is non-transferable.

ELIGIBLE BOUNCEBACK 2024 DATES

These are the discounted dates available for 2024 bouncebacks; dates that are not included will be booked at rack rate.

January 7-10, 15-18, 21-25, 28-31​
February 1, 4-28, 11-14, 19-22, 25-29​
March 1-16, 31​
April 1-30​
May 1-23, 27-31​
June 1-30​
July 1-31​
August 1-29​
September 2-30​
October 27-31​
November 25-27​
December 1-24​

BOUNCEBACK: WHAT IS IT AND HOW TO BOOK IT?
WHAT IS A BOUNCEBACK?
  • Also called a "Future Stay Offer" it's a discount offer for a future stay at one of WDW's resorts.
  • You can ONLY book a Bounceback while you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel (e.g., Disney's value, moderate, deluxe and deluxe villa resorts), and up to 7 days after checkout.
HOW TO BOOK A BOUNCEBACK?
  • To find out what the bounceback offer is and book it, dial extension 8844 from your in-room phone or 407-934-7639 from anywhere. (You could also try the old Bounce-back number and see if it still works: 407-939-1923).
  • It is ONLY bookable when you are staying at an official WDW Resort (one of the Disney-owned campsites, values, moderates, deluxe or deluxe villa resorts). You will need to provide your current reservation number. It is not bookable if you are staying in a resort not owned by Disney (e.g., Swan/Dolphin).
  • It is ONLY bookable if you call while you are staying at your WDW resort and up to 7 days after your checkout date. It cannot be booked before, nor after that.
  • It is only bookable and modifiable by phone (i.e., you cannot book nor modify yourself online).
  • Bounce-back / reservations line is usually open 7 am - 10 pm, but can vary by day of the week and time of the year, so I would suggest to call well before 7 days after your check-out day.
In the room, it’s located in the back of this flyer:
IMG_3781.jpeg

HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT THE BOUNCE BACK OFFER IS?
  • It is posted at the beginning of this post.
  • Sometimes there is a brochure in the room with resort and WDW information that has the Future Stay Offer in it.
  • You can also view it in the resort in-room TV and through an email you will get on your check-out date.
  • Even if you don't see it in the room/TV/email, there is a Bounceback available. CALL IF YOU DON'T SEE AN OFFER.
  • You can book a bounceback if you are staying at any category of WDW resort (Disney's value, moderate, villa and deluxe villa) and future stay offers should be available at all resort levels.
WHAT RESORTS / ROOMS ARE INCLUDED?
  • Like any other Disney offer, the rooms allocated for this discount is limited. Just because a room is available at rack rate does not mean that room will be included in the bounceback discount inventory.
  • That means you may have to be flexible when selecting a resort / room type if you want to use this discount.
BOUNCEBACK FAQ:
When will bouncebacks for future stays in 2025 come out? / When will the next bounceback come out?
  • No 2025 dates /offers have been announced yet.
  • Pre-2020 offers usually changed twice per year - in late summer (mid-August) and late October. This may not be the pattern it follows in 2024. If/when a new offer for 2025 is announced we will post.
If I already have a future stay booked can I "apply" a bounceback discount during my WDW Resort visit?
  • Maybe. As with any Disney offer, the resort and room have to be available to be booked as a new reservation under this discount for your specific dates in order to "apply" the discount. Having a room booked does not guarantee that you can apply the discount. Rooms available for the Bounceback discount may be limited.
  • If you already have a future stay, you can call to price the Bounceback while you are at your WDW resort (or up to 7 days after) and see what the availability is. It pays to be flexible with resorts and rooms when booking any Disney discount.
Can you combine a bounceback discount with another discount?
  • No. You can only have one discount per reservation.
  • You would need to choose between the discounts and select the one that would save the most for you.
What are the deposit and cancellation terms for Bouncebacks?
  • The deposit and cancellation terms for bouncebacks are the same as for regular reservations:
    • For room-only reservations, one night deposit and you can cancel up to a 5-days before your stay.
    • For packages, it's a $200 deposit and you can cancel up to a 30-days before your stay.
    • You must pay a deposit for each room at the time of reservation.
Do I have to book the same hotel or category as my current one?
  • No. You can book a different category or hotel than the one you are currently staying in. For example, if you are currently in staying in Pop, you can choose Pop *or* a different value, moderate, deluxe or deluxe villa WDW hotel.
Do I qualify to book a bounceback if my current reservation was booked with a travel agency other than Disney (for example, through Priceline or Orbitz)?
  • It doesn't matter how you booked your current reservation. If you are staying at a WDW-owned resort (e.g., Disney value moderate, deluxe, or deluxe villa resort), you qualify to book a bounceback.
Can I book multiple bounceback reservations or rooms?
(These specifics need to be reconfirmed for 2024).​
  • Yes, you can book bouncebacks for different time periods (e.g., one in July and one in December). There is no limit to the number of different time periods you can have.
    • The limits come in the number of rooms at one time, which is 3.
  • Yes, you can book more than 1 room, up to 3 rooms at the same time, so you can travel together.
  • Pre-2020, you may be able to place the other room in another guests' name that is *not* traveling currently with you and you could book up to 3 rooms, regardless of the number of adults traveling with you.
  • Note that if *you* (person bouncing back) needed to cancel your room, theirs will be cancelled too because they are not bouncing back (you are!).
  • You can cancel the other guest's room without affecting your bounceback since *you* are the one bouncing back.
Can I book a Bounceback for someone else if I am not traveling with them in the future stay?
(These specifics need to be reconfirmed for 2024).
  • No, you would need to be traveling together in your future say to be able to book a bounceback for them, such as checking in on the same date. May be able to have rooms check out on a different date, or book different resorts, ask the CM when you call.
Can I change or modify a bounceback reservation?
  • Yes, you can change or modify your bounceback reservation, even if the "book-by" date is past.
  • If you are changing dates, the new dates must also fall within the original offer (just like when you book any other Disney offer).
  • There also needs to be availability under the promo.
  • You can add or remove days, as long as there is current availability under the promo as if you were making a new booking. For example, if the number of rooms allocated to that discount are all booked currently or were all booked before the bounceback ended, you will need to be flexible and potentially switch to a different resort / room type.
  • You can add or delete guests from the reservation, as long as you do not exceed room occupancy, but the lead person on the reservation must remain.
  • Your bounceback reservation cannot be modified online. You will need to call to make any changes.
  • Call the bounceback line and explain what changes you want. They may need to loop in Guest Services if the promo is already past the "book-by" date.
Can I make a throw-away one-night room reservation, do online check-in, but not access the room and book a bounceback?
  • Maybe, we have had conflicting reports on this. The bounceback is for guests currently staying at a WDW resort. One person was successful, but previous reports from those who tried this said it has not worked. Those that were not successful indicated the current reservation needs to be "activated" by opening the room with your band/phone in order to book the Bounceback.
Can I book a bounceback if I am staying at a Disney Springs hotel? Or Swan/Dolphin?
  • No, you must stay at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel (value, moderate, deluxe, or deluxe villa) to be eligible to book a bounceback.

WHAT BOUNCEBACK OFFERS HAVE BEEN OFFERED IN THE PAST?
The last time bouncebacks were offered were early 2020. There is no guarantee specific offers (for example, free dining) will be offered again.
Historically, there have been two types of "Bounceback" offers that have been offered, based on the date of your current stay:​
  • Room Discount, in the past, it was available for booking November through the following August.
  • Free Dining, in the past it was available for booking August through October, pre-2019. Note: Free dining has not been offered as a bounceback since 2019, and we don't know if it will ever return.
TYPICAL ROOM DISCOUNT
  • In the past, bookable October/November through the following August.
  • Current bounceback has been available since July 2023 to now (still available).
  • It is a room discount, typically up to 20-25% off for values, 25-30% off for moderates and 30-35% off for deluxes/deluxe villas.
  • Applicable only for select dates. If a day is not included within your stay, you can book it but it will be at rack rate.
  • Typical dates that are blacked out for this room discount: some weekends, Spring Break/Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day weekend, October, November, Christmas, New Year's.
  • Typical rooms that are blacked out: 3-BR Villas, Poly bungalows, Copper Creek cabins, AoA Little Mermaid rooms
TYPICAL FREE DINING OFFER (prior to 2020)
  • Usually bookable August through October, pre-2020. Free dining bounceback has not been available since 2019.
  • Free QSDP for values and moderates and regular DDP for deluxes/deluxe villas.
  • Applicable to extremely limited dates, usually part of the summer (after Memorial Day), August, early September, and parts of December.
  • If you check-in during an eligible date, you receive FD for your entire stay.
  • Typical rooms that are blacked out: 3-BR Villas, Poly bungalows, WL Villas, AoA Little Mermaid, POFQ, POR (December).

WHAT WERE THE PREVIOUS (EXPIRED) BOUNCEBACK OFFERS?
Below are the bouncebacks that have expired (for reference only); there's no guarantee any of these offers will return.
Room Discount for Select 2020 dates:
(Note, this offer was pulled early, when Disney closed).
  • 20% off value, 25 off moderates, and up to 30 off deluxe and deluxe villas.
  • Book by August 15 2020
  • 2020 applicable dates:
    • January 1-2 5-8 13-16 19-23 26-30
    • February 2-5 9-13 16-20 23-27
    • March 1-5 8-12 15-19 22-26 31
    • April 1-2 12-30
    • May 1-21
    • May 25-September 3
    • September 7-26
    • October 25-29
    • November 23-25
    • December 4-24
  • Thank you @SarahC97
  • Some exclusions apply-Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Floridian, Campground, Cabins at Copper Creek, Little Mermaid rooms at AOA, Poly Bungalows, 3-BR Villas.
  • This is a room discount. That means that each individual day is either discounted or not. If a date is not included, you can book it at rack rate. For example, you could get Wednesday and Thursday at a discount, but Friday and Saturday at rack rate if Friday and Saturday are not included.
Free Dining for Select 2020 Dates
Those that had booked a free dining bounceback in 2019 for 2020 dates had free dining CANCELLED, and instead were provided with a room discount.
Thanks to @SarahC97
  • Offer: Free QSDP for values and moderates and regular DDP for deluxes/deluxe villas
    • Must check *in* within the following dates in 2020:
      • May 26 - June 2
      • June 26 - September 12
      • December 9 - December 24
    • Must stay a minimum of 4 nights
    • Must purchase a package with a minimum of a 4-day park hopper for every person above the age of 2 on the reservation.
    • This offer was available to be booked from August 1, 2019 - October 31, 2019.
    • Value & Moderate bookings get free QS dining plan (QSDP).
    • Deluxe & Deluxe Villa bookings get free regular dining plan (DDP).
    • You can pay the difference to upgrade your plan. For example, the cost to upgrade from QSDP to DDP per night, for each adult, is $23.
    • This is a package promo. As such if you check-in during an eligible date, you receive FD for your entire stay.
    • Excludes - All Star Movies, French Quarter, Bay Lake, Little Mermaid rooms, Grand Floridian Villas
    • If you want to book a Free Dining Bounceback, and you already have a ticket or AP, you will have to purchase a minimum of a 4-day PH.
Room Discount for Select 2019 Dates:
  • Available to be booked November 1, 2018 - August 15, 2019
  • Discount applied to select dates January through December 2019.
  • 30% off Deluxe resorts, 25% off Moderates, 20% off Values
  • Excludes weekends and holidays January-May 2019, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, October, November and early/late December 2019 (Christmas)

Attachments

• 1688232706199.png
    1688232706199.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_3781.jpeg
    IMG_3781.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thank you for this thread!!

Question about bouncebacks. I’m going in September and am also planning on January 2019. To make my dining 180 days out, I’ll need a reservation on the books before I qualify for a BB.

Can I modify an existing reservation to a bounceback? Or will I need to cancel my reservation and rebook a RO BB?

Thank you for this thread!!

Question about bouncebacks. I’m going in September and am also planning on January 2019. To make my dining 180 days out, I’ll need a reservation on the books before I qualify for a BB.

Can I modify an existing reservation to a bounceback? Or will I need to cancel my reservation and rebook a RO BB?

You can modify an existing reservation into a bounceback rate, as long as your dates qualify. If your resort or room type are not available, you might have to change those to get the bounceback rate.

Depending on when you are going in September, the bounceback offer might be for free dining in 2019. January dates have not typically been offered with that bounceback. If you go very late in September, you might get lucky with a room discount offer for 2019 dates. But that has not usually started til sometime in October.

Depending on when you are going in September, the bounceback offer might be for free dining in 2019. January dates have not typically been offered with that bounceback. If you go very late in September, you might get lucky with a room discount offer for 2019 dates. But that has not usually started til sometime in October.

Aww darn! I was excited about that bounceback rate. Sad to hear it’s not typically been offered for Sept guests for a January bounceback.

Free dining is always tempting but doesn’t seem to work out mathematically for our eating habits.

We will be staying 8/11-18, so I guess we would have availability to book either room only before the 15th, or free dining after the 15th? We are planning on returning sometime in January. Are there ever dates for January for either bounceback?

We will be staying 8/11-18, so I guess we would have availability to book either room only before the 15th, or free dining after the 15th? We are planning on returning sometime in January. Are there ever dates for January for either bounceback?
If this year follows the same pattern as in 2017, the bounceback when you arrive will be a room discount for some limited dates in 2018 (excludes October and November), and the bounceback when you leave will be free dining, for limited 2019 dates that typically do not include January. The room only discount that typically includes January dates won't be available for booking until October or November 2018. But, we'll see. Disney has changed promotions and availability before. This information is based solely on what has been the case in previous years.

Last edited:
And on unusual occasions people staying close to the switch over date from one offer to the next can pick which offer they want, but I wouldn't count on it.

This is such a helpful thread! I’ve often wondered why there wasn’t one, so thanks for starting it. It’s hard to find historical data on bouncebacks. I’m anxious to see what comes out next month!

Does the free dining bounceback usually require a minimum ticket purchase like the regular free dining offers do?

Does the free dining bounceback usually require a minimum ticket purchase like the regular free dining offers do?
It required a minimum 2 day park hopper ticket.

• Your Free Dining Bounce Back Offer must be booked for a return visit in 2018 during these time frames:
    • May 29 to June 5, 2018
    • June 29 to July 11, 2018
    • August 1 to September 8, 2018
    • December 7 to December 22, 2018
  • Free Quick Service Dining Plan for guests returning to a value or moderate resort
  • Free Disney Dining Plan for guests returning to a deluxe or deluxe villas resort
  • Minimum 2-day Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus ticket required
  • Minimum 3-night length of stay
  • Several rooms and resorts are excluded from the offers such as Little Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, Bungalows at the Polynesian, Port Orleans – French Quarter and a few more
  • Port Orleans – Riverside is excluded from December 7 to December 22, 2018
  • Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, and Beach Club will be excluded August 1, 2018 and August 2, 2018 as well as August 4 to August 9, 2018

Bookable through Oct 31, 2017

Released ? August 16, 2017

Thank-you for this information. I was wondering what the offer may be while we are there in December. Looks like, if there is an offer, it'll be a discount and it looks to me as if it would cover all of 2019 (with blackout dates)? In other words, I can book again for December of 2019?

Thank-you for this information. I was wondering what the offer may be while we are there in December. Looks like, if there is an offer, it'll be a discount and it looks to me as if it would cover all of 2019 (with blackout dates)? In other words, I can book again for December of 2019?

Check on here before you go on your trip and you should find additional info about what is being offered (probably room only discount) and what dates are covered. Then, when you are there, call with some idea of what dates you want and find out if the hotel(s) you want are available then. They only have a certain number of rooms for this discount at the various hotels, so it helps to be flexible on dates and/or hotel you want.

Check on here before you go on your trip and you should find additional info about what is being offered (probably room only discount) and what dates are covered. Then, when you are there, call with some idea of what dates you want and find out if the hotel(s) you want are available then. They only have a certain number of rooms for this discount at the various hotels, so it helps to be flexible on dates and/or hotel you want.

Thanks for the help.

Based on previous years, I would expect a new bounceback offer to be released sometime between mid-October and November 1st (because free dining bounceback expires October 31st) and that the offer will be a room discount for select dates in 2019.

If you are planning on a December trip, mid-December dates have been included in this bounceback previously. For example, for 2018, December dates included December 7 - 22. The room discount bounceback is a room offer. You can stay more than the nights included in the offer, but only the included nights are discounted. For example, dates around Christmas and New Year's are usually excluded. So, in 2018, if you arrived on December 15 and left on December 24, your last night would not be discounted. HTH!

How often is a deluxe standard view room available with the free dining bounceback offer? Leaving in a week and would love to book standard view at BC/YC or WL. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!