Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

We booked the free dining BB three weeks ago. After the advice from @scrappinginontario above, I called today to see if we could switch from CBR to WL.
The cast member I spoke to was fantastic. He agreed that's it gets harder to make changes after the new offer comes out.
He found us the room we wanted and then checked to see if it would save us money to switch from free dining to the new RO offer. He saved us over $300 by switching to RO and that includes the dining plan.
It made the cost of switching to a deluxe a little easier to swallow, lol.
I was so excited. I didn't know you could change to the new offer if you weren't on-site. I just assumed you had to stay with the offer you had at the time you booked.
Wow! That’s great! I didn’t realize you could switch offers either. Thanks fir sharing your experience with us!

OK, so I don't have all the details, but here are the dates someone reported for the new room-only bounceback that is now available. I don't know the resort exclusions, but it seems to be 20% off value, 25 off moderate, and up to 30 off deluxe with these travel dates:

1/-1/2; 1/5-1/8; 1/13-1/16; 1/19-1/23; 1/26-1/30
2/2-2/5; 2/9-2/13; 2/16-2/20; 2/23-2/27
3/1-3/5; 3/8-3/12; 3/15-3/19; 3/22-3/26; 3/31
4/1-4/2; 4/12-4/30
5/1-5/21
5/25 thru 9/3
9/7-26
10/25-10/29
11/23-11/25
12/4-12/24

Does anyone know if I can have 2 offers (reservations) booked for the same dates (I know that I can’t have 2 discounts on one trip, this would be 2 separate reservations—one would end up cancelled). I have free dining booked for July, but it is only quick service. I am going back in November and could book a room only offer. I would cancel one of them, but this could buy me some decision making time.

Does anyone know if I can have 2 offers (reservations) booked for the same dates (I know that I can’t have 2 discounts on one trip, this would be 2 separate reservations—one would end up cancelled). I have free dining booked for July, but it is only quick service. I am going back in November and could book a room only offer. I would cancel one of them, but this could buy me some decision making time.
I've done this before and not had any issue.

Does anyone know if the BB has switched to the room only yet? What are the discounts and dates?
Also is the maximum number of rooms you can book 2 or 3?
TIA

I've done this before and not had any issue.
Thanks! I may give this a try! I am trying to figure out if paying for our food as we go instead of QS free dining would be a better option. We enjoy the table service meals, but both of my girls are now considered adults by Disney and they are not big eaters, so the upcharge to upgrade to DDP isn’t really worth it. We also don’t love park hopping, so by dropping the hopper, taking a room discount, and paying for meals (that we actually need) may work out better. I just have a hard time with these decisions (true Disney problems...lol).

Does anyone know if the BB has switched to the room only yet? What are the discounts and dates?
Also is the maximum number of rooms you can book 2 or 3?
TIA
Yes, room discount BB is out for 2020. Also, today is last day to book the Free Dining offer All the details reported are in the updated first post. Will continue to update as more info and pics come in.

I was able to book two room only ressies for 6/29 to 7/2. Since I need two rooms, we decided to do POFQ GV for 25% off.

I had talked to a CM days earlier, but they didn't have what I wanted, so I called back a couple days later while still in Disney. Both the CM's I spoke with were hell bent on getting me to book packages to the point they were annoying me.

If I say I want a room only ressie, I want a room only... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I don't know how it works at CRO, but it was like they would get a big commission if I did packages. The second CM said that will be $200 on your credit card and I was like, I don't want a package. She was questioning why I don't like packages. I just like being able to cancel a trip six days before, both my husband and I have elderly parents so that just works for me.

I was able to book two room only ressies for 6/29 to 7/2. Since I need two rooms, we decided to do POFQ GV for 25% off.

I had talked to a CM days earlier, but they didn't have what I wanted, so I called back a couple days later while still in Disney. Both the CM's I spoke with were hell bent on getting me to book packages to the point they were annoying me.

If I say I want a room only ressie, I want a room only... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I don't know how it works at CRO, but it was like they would get a big commission if I did packages. The second CM said that will be $200 on your credit card and I was like, I don't want a package. She was questioning why I don't like packages. I just like being able to cancel a trip six days before, both my husband and I have elderly parents so that just works for me.
We're seeing a lot of reports of BB CMs doing upcharges of resorts, rooms, etc. They do work on quotas and the higher the cost of the reservation the quicker they can meet their quota levels.

It won't work for all but something I found really helpful this year was (at the suggestion of someone here), prior to our trip I booked the exact resort, room category, park tickets and dining plan that I wanted prior to leaving home. When I called the BB number I provided them with my Confirmation number and they just added the discount to our existing booking. II was also easily able to confirm I hadn't been upcharged for anything as I knew the new amount that our trip should be and it was the same except she was $0.02 less. The added bonus was that our entire call was only about 5 mins long so didn't cut into our Disney fun!

This might be an option for those who want to do room only reservations too. Possibly you can book what you want prior to your trip and ask them to add the BB code to that reservation.

It won't work for all but something I found really helpful this year was (at the suggestion of someone here), prior to our trip I booked the exact resort, room category, park tickets and dining plan that I wanted prior to leaving home. When I called the BB number I provided them with my Confirmation number and they just added the discount to our existing booking. II was also easily able to confirm I hadn't been upcharged for anything as I knew the new amount that our trip should be and it was the same except she was $0.02 less. The added bonus was that our entire call was only about 5 mins long so didn't cut into our Disney fun!

This might be an option for those who want to do room only reservations too. Possibly you can book what you want prior to your trip and ask them to add the BB code to that reservation.
Can anyone on the existing room only reservation add the bounce back? I made a reservation for Nov 2020. My brother is in the parks now. Do you think he could add the bounce back discount to my existing reservation since he is on the reservation? I'll have him give it a try and report back.

Can anyone on the existing room only reservation add the bounce back? I made a reservation for Nov 2020. My brother is in the parks now. Do you think he could add the bounce back discount to my existing reservation since he is on the reservation? I'll have him give it a try and report back.
Hmmm, I don’t know. He could call and ask. If they say no could he book a new reservation? If he has the confirmation number and can answer all the questions they ask about the current reservation they might allow him to add the bb. It’s worth trying.

Hmmm, I don’t know. He could call and ask. If they say no could he book a new reservation? If he has the confirmation number and can answer all the questions they ask about the current reservation they might allow him to add the bb. It’s worth trying.
He did try and they let him use the bounceback on my existing reservation!!! I assume because he was on the reservation already. Saved me $1,000! The CM also told him to keep checking the dates for the bounceback as they may add more over time. If that is the case, we can call and have them apply to our existing reservation. That is hard to believe, but I will most definitely try it.

Does anyone have any idea why the dates are up to Sept. 3 and then start again. On the 6th? What is happening on those days that they'd exclude them from the BB?

@vinotinto I found the full info for the new room-only bounceback!

The new 2020 bounceback offer:

20% off at values
25% off at moderates
30% off at deluxe and villas

Arrival dates:
January 1-2 5-8 13-16 19-23 26-30
February 2-5 9-13 16-20 23-27
March 1-5 8-12 15-19 22-26 31
April 1-2 12-30
May 1-21
May 25-September 3
September 7-26
October 25-29
November 23-25
December 4-24

Some exclusions apply- Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Floridian, Campground, Cabins at Copper Creek, and Little Mermaid rooms at AOA
Offer valid until August 15, 2020 and availability is limited!

If that were the case then I'd have expected them to also exclude the Sunday prior to, as well as, Labour Day.
@vinotinto I found the full info for the new room-only bounceback!

The new 2020 bounceback offer:

20% off at values
25% off at moderates
30% off at deluxe and villas

Arrival dates:
January 1-2 5-8 13-16 19-23 26-30
February 2-5 9-13 16-20 23-27
March 1-5 8-12 15-19 22-26 31
April 1-2 12-30
May 1-21
May 25-September 3
September 7-26
October 25-29
November 23-25
December 4-24

Some exclusions apply- Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Floridian, Campground, Cabins at Copper Creek, and Little Mermaid rooms at AOA
Offer valid until August 15, 2020 and availability is limited!

Now that I'm seeing the full date list, I'm even more confident Labor Day weekend is the issue in early September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!