Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

@vinotinto I found the full info for the new room-only bounceback!

The new 2020 bounceback offer:

20% off at values
25% off at moderates
30% off at deluxe and villas

Arrival dates:
January 1-2 5-8 13-16 19-23 26-30
February 2-5 9-13 16-20 23-27
March 1-5 8-12 15-19 22-26 31
April 1-2 12-30
May 1-21
May 25-September 3
September 7-26
October 25-29
November 23-25
December 4-24

Some exclusions apply- Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Floridian, Campground, Cabins at Copper Creek, and Little Mermaid rooms at AOA
Offer valid until August 15, 2020 and availability is limited!
Also, Poly Bungalows and 3-bedroom villas are excluded.

Does anyone have any idea why the dates are up to Sept. 3 and then start again. On the 6th? What is happening on those days that they'd exclude them from the BB?
If you look at the list of BB discounts for the year, you will see that Disney excludes many dates, including many weekend dates. They simply excluded Labor Day weekend, including Sunday.

Does anyone have any idea why the dates are up to Sept. 3 and then start again. On the 6th? What is happening on those days that they'd exclude them from the BB?
Holidays and many weekends are excluded from the room BB offer. Labor Day weekend specifically has been excluded from the BB room offer in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Labor Day was also excluded from the general public discount in 2019. It’s one of those holiday weekends that Disney fills up with limited discounts. If you are flexible to travel right after Labor Day, (starting on Sept 8th), you will find low rates and plentiful discounts.

Split-Stay Question: Can I book two back-to-back BB reservations? We want to do a split stay. Or will I make one reservation and then DH make the second reservation?

Split-Stay Question: Can I book two back-to-back BB reservations? We want to do a split stay. Or will I make one reservation and then DH make the second reservation?
You can make as many BB reservations as you want for different dates. The only restriction is for how many rooms you can book for the same trip dates. But you shouldn't have any problem booking a split stay since they are just two separate reservations that are close together. ;)

We are going in January 2020 and would be interested in booking January 2021 while we are there. Would it be room only discount or free dining discount at the time we book?

Help please. I am in the UK. I have 9 days booked through the official Disney UK site from 16 to 26 December 2019. I also have another two weeks booked in July 2020 through an extremely helpful US travel agent . I contacted the US agent and told her that when I check in in December 2019, I would like her to apply the current Bounceback offer to the July 2020 trip. However, she thinks that she cannot apply the Bounceback offer to the July 2020 booking, as she is not the agent on record for the December dates.

I don't think that I can transfer the December 2019 booking from Disney Vacations to the US TA and I do not want to cancel that UK booking (already paid for in full) and re book through the US TA as the holiday cost is likely more and I would lose my deposit of about £200.

The US TA has been for helpful, so I don't want to take the July 2020 booking away from her, but I also want to apply the Bounceback.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you.

Help please. I am in the UK. I have 9 days booked through the official Disney UK site from 16 to 26 December 2019. I also have another two weeks booked in July 2020 through an extremely helpful US travel agent . I contacted the US agent and told her that when I check in in December 2019, I would like her to apply the current Bounceback offer to the July 2020 trip. However, she thinks that she cannot apply the Bounceback offer to the July 2020 booking, as she is not the agent on record for the December dates.

I don't think that I can transfer the December 2019 booking from Disney Vacations to the US TA and I do not want to cancel that UK booking (already paid for in full) and re book through the US TA as the holiday cost is likely more and I would lose my deposit of about £200.

The US TA has been for helpful, so I don't want to take the July 2020 booking away from her, but I also want to apply the Bounceback.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you.
I've never had an issue with having my TA friend book a bounceback for me even if she didn't book the trip I'm on that qualifies me for the bounceback. Your TA wrong on that.

But if you want, you can book the July bounceback yourself and then I believe you have 30 days to transfer the booking to her so she can still get the commission for it. She'll have to cancel your current July booking and you'll have to pay another deposit when you book the bounceback, but you can do it that way.

Of course, the easiest thing for her to do would be to call the BB line after you check in on your next trip and book it for you, which she can do. But, if she doesn't want to do that and wants to pass on bad info, then does she really deserve your booking? Her loss, you gotta do what you gotta do for you!

Thank you for that information. I wonder if the difference is that you booked your ‘first’ trip with WDW US direct, whereas I booked with WDW UK which is classed an a TA.

Thank you for that information. I wonder if the difference is that you booked your ‘first’ trip with WDW US direct, whereas I booked with WDW UK which is classed an a TA.
Possibly. I admit that I do not know the ins and outs of booking through the UK.

Looking at booking a bounceback for Nov 2020. If I check in for the 25th and want to stay for 7-8 days, do I only get the discount for the 1 day that falls in the booking period or for all days as long as long the check in day is between the 23-25th?

Any whispers or rumors on when the free dining for 2020 might happen, or when the official thread will launch. I haven't been on much as I'm DVC but my brother and I are going to do one last free dining.

Any whispers or rumors on when the free dining for 2020 might happen, or when the official thread will launch. I haven't been on much as I'm DVC but my brother and I are going to do one last free dining.
This thread is only for Bounceback offers. There’s usually a General Public Free Dining Watch Thread - @scrappinginontario are you starting a 2020 FD watch?

Can I book a one night campsite and use the bounceback? I saw where it was posted that you had to use the key to open the door to avoid throwaway rooms, but how would this work with a campsite?

Can I book a one night campsite and use the bounceback? I saw where it was posted that you had to use the key to open the door to avoid throwaway rooms, but how would this work with a campsite?

Not sure if it was in this thread or somewhat else, but I do remember someone tried do what you are suggesting. Booked a campsite, didn’t go to WDW & tried to book a bounceback. They were told to call back after they arrived At the resort. Apparently the CM checked with the campground & found they had never arrived. They were denied & not allowed to book the bounceback.

I for one am glad Disney is closing these loopholes. Bouncebacks are for resort guests. Allowing people to use work arounds to game the system means there is less availability for actual on site guests. Public discounts are for those not staying onsite.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!