Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

I don’t understand. You called from home & the CM offered to give you a bounceback rate on your January reservation even tho you are not a current Disney resort guest? Just because your parents are?

Thanks for the update.

I remember her earlier post. She did the booking for her parents and had their reservation number and all their info and called on their behalf.

Yes, I called on behalf of my Mom, originally trying to get them the bounceback rate for the January trip! I explained upthread that I've done all the bookings for my parents and the rest of my family. My mom could obviously call herself while she's at Disney right now but she gets a bit flustered trying to arrange travel details so I'll often do it all for her. I'm a former travel agent so I don't mind! ;)

I booked Pop for Princess Marathon weekend. Part of my dates were eligible and some weren’t. I eligible dates were $212/night, which is insane to me. Other dates were $142/night.

I will most likely cancel and book off site unless something better comes up.

Yes, I called on behalf of my Mom, originally trying to get them the bounceback rate for the January trip! I explained upthread that I've done all the bookings for my parents and the rest of my family. My mom could obviously call herself while she's at Disney right now but she gets a bit flustered trying to arrange travel details so I'll often do it all for her. I'm a former travel agent so I don't mind! ;)

This is the part that is confusing me:

.. just my immediate family is staying for 3 days at POFQ before we meet up with the rest of our extended family at All Star Movies. I asked about applying the Bounceback offer to that stay even though neither my parents or aunt will be staying in that room - and I was honest with the CM - and she said it would be fine and gave me the discounted Bounceback rate for POFQ. W

So you asked & were given a bounceback rate for your own POFQ reservation, not your parents. Who it sounds like arrive 3 days later. Even tho you are not a current guest. Or will your parents be at POFQ too?

This is the part that is confusing me:

So you asked & were given a bounceback rate for your own POFQ reservation, not your parents. Who it sounds like arrive 3 days later. Even tho you are not a current guest. Or will your parents be at POFQ too?

No, my parents will not be at POFQ. You are correct, we're meeting up at ASMo 3 days later. I know upthread some people were speculating that it might be possible to get a bounceback booked in someone else's name even if the person booking it is not on that reservation. It seems that the CM confirmed for me that it's possible! We decided not to use it since we would have to go down to a standard room and we're booked in garden view currently with an AP rate so the price wasn't much different, so I guess I don't know for sure that it would've worked, but she gave me all the information as if I could book it!

No, my parents will not be at POFQ. You are correct, we're meeting up at ASMo 3 days later. I know upthread some people were speculating that it might be possible to get a bounceback booked in someone else's name even if the person booking it is not on that reservation. It seems that the CM confirmed for me that it's possible! We decided not to use it since we would have to go down to a standard room and we're booked in garden view currently with an AP rate so the price wasn't much different, so I guess I don't know for sure that it would've worked, but she gave me all the information as if I could book it!

Interesting. Thank you!

I just checked both December 7-11 and 8-12 at Epcot resorts, GF, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. The least expensive room available was a Boardwalk garden view club level for $3060 for the four nights. So much for the bounceback. I would much rather stay at the Swan or Dolphin, although their prices have gotten a lot higher since the Marriott takeover.

I just checked both December 7-11 and 8-12 at Epcot resorts, GF, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. The least expensive room available was a Boardwalk garden view club level for $3060 for the four nights. So much for the bounceback. I would much rather stay at the Swan or Dolphin, although their prices have gotten a lot higher since the Marriott takeover.
Uff, that's pretty pricey! Thanks for reporting!

If I do my Disney math, that's $765 per night, whereas rack rate is showing $976 per night...that's a little over 20% discount. Certainly not the hoped for 30-35% but....it is a discount:).

If I do my Disney math, that's $765 per night, whereas rack rate is showing $976 per night...that's a little over 20% discount. Certainly not the hoped for 30-35% but....it is a discount:).

Yes, it absolutely is a discount. It just isn't the type of room I was looking for. I want a standard hotel room, not a club level suite.
I will hope for an AP rate later on.

Hello! This thread will compile the latest Bounceback offers and FAQs.

What is a bounceback?
  • Also called a "Future Stay Offer" it's a discount offer for a future stay at one of WDW's resorts.
  • You can ONLY book a Bounceback when you are staying at a WDW resort.

What is the current bounceback?

The current bounceback is a Room Discount for 2019
  • Available to be booked November 1, 2018-August 15, 2019 for select dates January through December 2019.
  • Guests who book their next vacation while they are currently staying at a Disney resort can get up to:
  • 30% off Deluxe resorts
  • 25% off Moderate resorts
  • 20% off Value resorts
  • Excludes weekends and holidays January-May 2019, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, October, November and early/late December 2019 (Christmas).
  • Eligible dates to book the future trip in 2019 (i.e., dates that qualify for the future discount):
  • January 1-2, 6-10, 14-17, 20-24, 24-28
  • February 3-6, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28
  • March 3-7, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28
  • April 2-4, 7-11
  • April 21 - May 23
  • May 27 - August 29
  • September 2-28
  • December 6-24
If a day is not included, you can still book it, but it will be at rack rate.​
  • Excluded resorts:
    • Fort Wilderness Campsites
    • 3 Bedroom Villas
    • Bungalows at the Poly
    • Cabins at the Wilderness Lodge DVC properties
    • Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation
Picture of Current Bounceback:
Thanks @SarahC97!)

fb_img_1540767794359-jpg.361734

How to book a bounceback?
  • To find out what the bounceback offer is and book it, dial extension 8844 from your in-room phone or call 407-939-1923.
  • It is ONLY bookable when you are staying at an official WDW Resort.
  • It is ONLY bookable if you call while you are staying at your WDW resort. You need to call before reservation lines close on your checkout day (currently varies by day of the week, so I would suggest to call before 8 pm on check-out day). You can call when you are heading to the airport, driving out of town, etc., but don't forget because the offer is not available after check-out.
  • Sometimes there is a brochure in the room with resort and WDW information that has the Future Stay Offer in it. Sometimes, the offer is not printed in the room, but there should always be a Bounceback available. Call if you don't see an offer.
  • You can book a bounceback if you are staying at any category of WDW resort (value, moderate, villa and deluxe villa) and offers are available at all levels.
When will the next bounceback come out?
When will the 2020 bounceback offers come out?

• The bounceback for a select 2020 dates will likely come out when the current bounceback expires on August 15, 2019.

What will likely be the next bounceback?

• Based on previous year's offers, the next bounceback will be available for booking from around August 15, 2019 - October 31, 2019 and it will likely be free dining for select dates in summer 2020, September 2020 and December 2020.

Can you combine a Bounceback discount with another discount?

• No. You can only have one discount per reservation. So if you book a Free Dining bounceback, you cannot add a room only discount if one becomes available later to the general public. You would need to choose between the discounts the one that would save the most for you.

What are the deposit and cancellation terms for bouncebacks?

• For room-only reservations, it's one night deposit with a 5-day cancellation.
  • For packages, it's a $200 deposit and a 30-day cancellation.
    You must pay a deposit at the time of reservation.
  • Regular cancellation schedules and fees apply
Do I have to book the same hotel or the same category of hotel?
  • No, you can book a different category or hotel than the one you are currently staying in. For example, if you are currently in staying in Pop, you can choose Pop *or* a different value, moderate, deluxe or deluxe villa WDW hotel.

Can I book multiple Bounceback reservations or rooms?
  • Yes, you can book more than 1 room, up to 3 rooms at the same time, and a maximum number of rooms as adults currently in your reservation. So, if you have 2 adults and 2 kids, you can book up to 2 rooms at the same time.
  • So, if you are bringing friends or grandparents next time and they are not traveling currently with you, and you need 2 rooms for the same time period, you will need two adults currently staying at WDW.
  • New this year, you can place the other room in another guests' name that is not traveling currently with you, but if you need to cancel your room, theirs will be cancelled too.
  • Note that if you get one reservation number, even if it's multiple rooms, that counts as only "one" reservation.
  • You can also book bouncebacks for different time periods (e.g., one in July and one in December). There is no limit to the number of different time periods you can have. The limits come in the number of rooms at one time, based on the number of adults currently staying at WDW.

Can I change a bounceback reservation?

• Yes, you can change/modify your bounceback reservation, even if the "book-by" date is past.
  • If you are changing dates, the new dates must also fall within the original offer (just like when you book any other Disney offer).
  • There also needs to be availability under the promo.
  • You can add or delete guests from the reservation, as long as you do not exceed room occupancy, but the lead person on the reservation must remain.
  • Call the bounceback line and explain what you would like to do and they will take it from there. They may need to loop in Guest Services if the promo is already past the "book-by" date.

Can I make a throw-away one-night room reservation, do online check-in, but not access the room and book a bounceback?
Maybe, we have had conflicting reports in this. One person was recently successful, but previous reports reports from those who tried this said it has not worked. Those that were not successful indicated the current reservation needs to be activated by opening the room with your band/phone in order to book the Bounceback. It is a YMMV.​

What have historically been the Bounceback offers?
Historically, there have been two "Bounceback" offers, based on the date of your stay: Room Discount, usually available for booking November through the following August, and Free Dining, which is usually available for booking August through October.​

Typical Room Discount Offer
  • Usually bookable November through the following August.
  • It is a room discount, typically up to 20% off for values, 25% off for moderates and 30% off for deluxes/deluxe villas.
  • Applicable only for select dates. If a day is not included within your stay, you can book it but it will be at rack rate.
  • Typical dates that are blacked out for this room discount: some weekends, Spring Break/Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day weekend, all of October, all of November, Christmas, New Year's.
  • Typical rooms that are blacked out: 3-BR Villas, Poly bungalows, Copper Creek cabins, AoA Little Mermaid rooms
Typical Free Dining Discount Offer
  • Usually bookable August through October.
  • Free QSDP for values and moderates and regular DDP for deluxes/deluxe villas.
  • Applicable to extremely limited dates, usually part of the summer (after Memorial Day), August, early September, and parts of December.
  • If you check-in during an eligible date, you receive FD for your entire stay.
  • Typical rooms that are blacked out: 3-BR Villas, Poly bungalows, WL Villas, AoA Little Mermaid, POFQ, POR (December).

What were the Previous Bounceback Offers/Dates/Resorts?
Below are the recent, historical bouncebacks.

Historical Bounceback: Free Dining in 2019
  • For select dates and resorts in 2019.
  • Available to be booked August 15-October 31, 2018.
Dates that you would have needed to check-in in 2019 to have the free dining bounceback apply:
  • May 28 – June 4, 2019
  • June 28 – September 7, 2019
  • December 6 – December 24, 2019
  • The offer was able to be booked through October 31, 2018
  • It required a minimum 4-night stay
  • It required a minimum of a 4-day park hopper.
  • Values & Moderates got free QS dining plan.
  • Deluxe & Villas got free regular dining plan.
  • You can pay the difference to upgrade the plan.
The following resorts were excluded from this Bounce Back offer. Guest could still book the 2019 offer if staying at one of these resorts in 2018, but they would need to select a resort that is included in the 2019 offer.
  • Art of Animation - Little Mermaid rooms
  • All-Star Movies
  • Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Polynesian Bungalows
  • Grand Floridian Villas
  • Bay Lake Tower
  • All 3 bedroom Villas
  • Fort Wilderness Campsites
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins
Pic of Historical 2018 Free Dining Bounceback, for reference:
24b1f7b1-8539-4f3a-93de-82bc33e7e4a7-jpeg.344034

Thanks @Disneylover99 for pic of BB.​

For more info on 2019 Free Dining bounceback, please look at this thread (thanks @SarahC97!)​
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-bounceback-free-dining-2019.3697231/
Historical Bounceback: Room Discount for 2018 Dates
  • Was available to be booked November 1, 2017 through August 15, 2018.
  • Discounts, up to:
  • 30% off deluxe villas – excludes 3 bedroom villas and bungalows at Polynesian
  • 30% off deluxe resorts
  • 25% off moderate resorts
  • 20% off value resorts – excludes Little Mermaid rooms
Valid for most nights:

1/1-1/3/18, 1/7-1/11/18, 1/15-1/18/18, 1/21-1/25/18, 1/28-2/1/18, 2/4-2/7/18, 2/11-2/15/18, 2/19-2/22/18, 2/25-3/1/18, 3/4-3/8/18, 4/3-4/5/18, 4/8-4/12/18, 4/15-5/24/18, 5/28-8/30/18, 9/4-9/29/18, 12/7-12/22/18

Book on or prior to your check out date (which must be on or before 8/15/18).

Moderate and deluxe suites may be available at lesser discount. Deposit is required at time of booking. Value resorts are excluded 4/26-4/30/18, 5/3-5/6/18, and 5/10-5/13/18.
Pic of Historical 2018 Room Discount Bounceback, for reference:
img_0254-jpg.295891

Historical Bounceback: Free Dining for 2018
It was available to be booked: August 11, 2017 through October 31, 2017

QSDP for Values and Moderates and DDP for Deluxe and Deluxe Villas

Dates that you would have needed to check-in in 2018 to receive FD:

• May 29 – June 5
  • June 29 – July 11
  • August 1 – September 8
  • December 7 – December 22
Excluded resorts:
  • The Little Mermaid rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Boardwalk Inn (August 1, 2, 4, and 9)
  • Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts (August 1, 2, 4, and 9)
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside (December 7 – December 22)
Can I ask where you got some of this information, specifically "New this year, you can place the other room in another guests' name that is not traveling currently with you, but if you need to cancel your room, theirs will be cancelled too." The reason I ask is because I made a bounceback in august and thought this was correct and the CM on the phone fought with me and said I couldn't book a room in someone else's name and I thought I could from previous experience and because of that now my husband and I are in different rooms, which makes it a pain keeping track of dining credits and purchasing things on our magicbands from my parents. I would love be able to see where you got this from so I can call Disney and show them there error. I hate that they don't put those kind of terms & conditions on the actual flier....

Can I ask where you got some of this information, specifically "New this year, you can place the other room in another guests' name that is not traveling currently with you, but if you need to cancel your room, theirs will be cancelled too." The reason I ask is because I made a bounceback in august and thought this was correct and the CM on the phone fought with me and said I couldn't book a room in someone else's name and I thought I could from previous experience and because of that now my husband and I are in different rooms, which makes it a pain keeping track of dining credits and purchasing things on our magicbands from my parents. I would love be able to see where you got this from so I can call Disney and show them there error. I hate that they don't put those kind of terms & conditions on the actual flier....
Your best bet would have been to call back and see if you got a different CM when you first made your booking. It used to be that each adult on the current reservation needed to be the "lead" guest in the bounceback reservation. We've had a couple of people that indicated they were able to put the second room in another name. Technically, in order to bounceback you needed to have been a guest prior, and this is not posted officially anywhere, and can certainly change at any time, as well as depend on the CM you get.

Since some CMs are able to do it, I don't think you would lose anything by calling the Bounceback line and see if you can modify the people in your reservation. You may get pixie-dusted.

Your best bet would have been to call back and see if you got a different CM when you first made your booking. It used to be that each adult on the current reservation needed to be the "lead" guest in the bounceback reservation. We've had a couple of people that indicated they were able to put the second room in another name. Technically, in order to bounceback you needed to have been a guest prior, and this is not posted officially anywhere, and can certainly change at any time, as well as depend on the CM you get.

Since some CMs are able to do it, I don't think you would lose anything by calling the Bounceback line and see if you can modify the people in your reservation. You may get pixie-dusted.

Stayed on property last month with my sis and was able to book BB for three separate reservations for next summer 1) AOA Family Suite 2)YC - one room for me and one room for son and family and 3) GF - same thing- one room for me and one room for son and family.

The castmember did not even blink or ask regarding who was in the room with me while I was booking. AOA was 20% off....YC and GF was 30% off rack rate.

This is an update to a post two days ago. For the heck of it, I called the BB number again today. I again asked about Epcot Resorts, Contemporary, GF, WL and this time added the Poly. I checked on Dec. 7-12, and Dec. 8-13. Same results...Garden "Cottage" type club level room at BW was the least expensive at the same price as above. Poly had no availability at all.
I will look for an AP discount later in the year, or book at the Swan or Dolphin.

This is an update to a post two days ago. For the heck of it, I called the BB number again today. I again asked about Epcot Resorts, Contemporary, GF, WL and this time added the Poly. I checked on Dec. 7-12, and Dec. 8-13. Same results...Garden "Cottage" type club level room at BW was the least expensive at the same price as above. Poly had no availability at all.
I will look for an AP discount later in the year, or book at the Swan or Dolphin.

YC, Poly & CR have very little availability even at rack rate. Disney seems to be booking very well recently even with raising prices. They said a few years ago they were going to wean the public off discounts. Guess they are doing just that.

I’m just surprised at how far out things are booked up. It has been a long time since you had to book more than a year out to get the room you want.

YC, Poly & CR have very little availability even at rack rate. Disney seems to be booking very well recently even with raising prices. They said a few years ago they were going to wean the public off discounts. Guess they are doing just that.

I’m just surprised at how far out things are booked up. It has been a long time since you had to book more than a year out to get the room you want.
Exactly what I've been thinking! Despite some pretty high rack rates, deluxe resorts seem like they are booking well. We only book with a discount, so it's a good think we've discovered POR because I am not one to budget for deluxe rack rates.

Called the bounceback number last night (first day here) and had the discount applied to a May and a September booking. No problem getting same category/resort. Saved a ton over the rack rate.

When booking a BB does it have to be in the same name as the original reservation or can it be anyone in the room? If the original trip is in my mom's name, can I book a BB in my name since I'm on the reservation?

When booking a BB does it have to be in the same name as the original reservation or can it be anyone in the room? If the original trip is in my mom's name, can I book a BB in my name since I'm on the reservation?
You can book a BB in your name since you are guest in the reservation.

Update to BB Policy!

I called this morning to book a BB offer and was pleasantly surprised with a recent change.

In the past a BB offer was limited in rooms to the number of adults on the current reservation. This has changed in that each current reservation can book up to a maximum number of 3 rooms regardless of how many adults are on the current reservation.

I am travelling alone with my dd who is a child. In the past I’ve been restricted to booking one room. Today I was able to book 2 rooms for the exact same dates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter