Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

I can not believe how BB has been so hard to get. My family always books the bounce back for early December so we can celebrate my grandsons birthday. For the last two years could not get dates we wanted. We like to come in on the 8th of December for a week and this past December got bounce back at GF starting on the 9th, so we had to do a split stay for the one night. This year when we booked bounce back CM told me that the only thing for a week she had would start on 12/12 to 12/19... I booked GF again but my husband wanted to stay at Yacht Club next December and I was able to change it.
I called today to see if I could possibly change the dates closer to 12/9 but they only still didn't not have any availability ... need two rooms since my son booked bounce back too. So I guess I really got lucky with what I got. May do split stay again but hoping for AP discount to come out. I am scared because of GE that they might not offer anything for late fall and winter. It seems everyone was taken back by the FD and discount offer that came out yesterday. What do you all think....will they come out with a AP offer later on in the year?
It seems to me that Disney is pushing hard the discounts for middle of this year. I think they're anticipating many coming in the Fall for the usual events, plus the possibility of SWGE's opening. If for some reason, rooms don't book that much, then they will open them up for discounts. If they stay booked, then no, we won't see much AP discount availability.

Last edited:
I can not believe how BB has been so hard to get. My family always books the bounce back for early December so we can celebrate my grandsons birthday. For the last two years could not get dates we wanted. We like to come in on the 8th of December for a week and this past December got bounce back at GF starting on the 9th, so we had to do a split stay for the one night. This year when we booked bounce back CM told me that the only thing for a week she had would start on 12/12 to 12/19... I booked GF again but my husband wanted to stay at Yacht Club next December and I was able to change it.
I called today to see if I could possibly change the dates closer to 12/9 but they only still didn't not have any availability ... need two rooms since my son booked bounce back too. So I guess I really got lucky with what I got. May do split stay again but hoping for AP discount to come out. I am scared because of GE that they might not offer anything for late fall and winter. It seems everyone was taken back by the FD and discount offer that came out yesterday. What do you all think....will they come out with a AP offer later on in the year?

The availability was limited to begin with. I booked a BB for next December and the CM had not much for us to choose from. I wanted a Deluxe to sleep 5 but no real luck, and ended up with AKL Savannah view. I am not unhappy, and told the CM I would worry about an extra person if that happened.

We booked a BB for free dining last Sept for next Sept. I just got on the WDW website to play around with the current free dining offer they just announced, plugged in our EXACT bounce back offer trip that we booked (I mean EXACT), and the total is coming in just a bit cheaper than our BB total. I'm just a little curious as to why....I would have thought booking the free dining BB last year would have been the exact same amount if not cheaper than booking the free dining offer as of today's date. But perhaps that's not the case, has anyone experienced this?

We booked a BB for free dining last Sept for next Sept. I just got on the WDW website to play around with the current free dining offer they just announced, plugged in our EXACT bounce back offer trip that we booked (I mean EXACT), and the total is coming in just a bit cheaper than our BB total. I'm just a little curious as to why....I would have thought booking the free dining BB last year would have been the exact same amount if not cheaper than booking the free dining offer as of today's date. But perhaps that's not the case, has anyone experienced this?
The only thing I could think of would be the difference in ticket prices. I don't remember when Disney introduced ticket prices based on trip dates, but it's possible that the new ticket prices for your trip dates are lower than your bounceback ticket prices.

The new tickets have more rules than the old tickets, so, unless it is a huge difference, I would be inclined to leave the original package alone. Those tickets have more flexibility than the new ones.

The only thing I could think of would be the difference in ticket prices. I don't remember when Disney introduced ticket prices based on trip dates, but it's possible that the new ticket prices for your trip dates are lower than your bounceback ticket prices.

The new tickets have more rules than the old tickets, so, unless it is a huge difference, I would be inclined to leave the original package alone. Those tickets have more flexibility than the new ones.
I agree with @Wood Nymph . I remember reading there were some low season dates that the new "dated" tickets were just slightly cheaper than the previous tickets. How much of a difference is it? If you decide to change, I would make sure to understand the difference in the ticket rules.

Thank you both- that is probably it, I didn't think of that! It's not a huge difference so we'll probably keep the BB. I just feel better having an explanation. :-) Thanks again

Is there a difference between BB offers and the offers on the Disney website? My mod resort was at 25% or could have chosen free dining.

Is there a difference between BB offers and the offers on the Disney website? My mod resort was at 25% or could have chosen free dining.
Yes, the offers are different. For example, there isn't a free dining bounceback right now and some of the bounceback room discounts are not as good as some of the discounts. It's a good idea to have a sense of the price for the resort and dates and call when you are onsite to price it.

We were there last week and I wanted a BB for early December. Looking for 7nights, CL any resort (prefer monorail). We could travel any time between 12/6 (when window opened) - 12/18 (due to work schedule). There was VERY little available. The only thing they could find (not a suite) was BC Garden View 12/8-12/15. I booked it, but after visiting the resort while there, my husband asked me to find something else. Besides, Sunday flights tend to be very pricey. Called back and was able change to GF SL 12/11-12/18. Not my favorite CL, but being at GF during Christmas season may offset my dislike of SL. I will keep trying to change resorts.

Fingers crossed for a FD bounceback for Sept 2020. From what I've read usually the general public offer somewhat mimics the bounceback, is that correct?

Fingers crossed for a FD bounceback for Sept 2020. From what I've read usually the general public offer somewhat mimics the bounceback, is that correct?
The GP offers and BBs are different. What we would expect to see, based on what has happened previous years, is a Free Dining bounceback for select 2020 dates (usually including part of summer through end of September and a small portion of December). The next bounceback will come out when the current one expires on August 31st. Of course, Disney can decide to change the promos and dates. Just reporting what we've seen in the past.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and no BB offers were in the room. It seems they don't have them available all the time, just certain times of the year?

We were there a couple of weeks ago and no BB offers were in the room. It seems they don't have them available all the time, just certain times of the year?
There's always a bounceback offer. The current offer is in the first post.

If you don't see something in your room, you need to call the BB line on or before your check-out date.

Bounceback offers can sometimes be found inside the room brochures.

Not finding the offer in your room can be as simple as the last guest taking the brochure/ flyer & the housekeeper not noticing when they turned over the room. Always important to call & ask if you are interested in it.

The GP offers and BBs are different. What we would expect to see, based on what has happened previous years, is a Free Dining bounceback for select 2020 dates (usually including part of summer through end of September and a small portion of December). The next bounceback will come out when the current one expires on August 31st. Of course, Disney can decide to change the promos and dates. Just reporting what we've seen in the past.

Thanks for the info!

This may have been posted, and if so, I apologize. My question is, if we book a BB offer before checking out today for one resort room, can we later add another room based on availability?

This may have been posted, and if so, I apologize. My question is, if we book a BB offer before checking out today for one resort room, can we later add another room based on availability?
Nope. If you think you’ll need 2 rooms, you need to book both now. You can always cancel a bounce back, but you cannot book a bounce back after you have left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!