Bouncy Bouncy Fun Fun Fun! August '17 PTR

heathsf

DIS Veteran
Chapter 1
In Which We Are Introduced to Winnie-the-Pooh and Some Bees,
and the Stories Begin

Welcome to my third Trip Report! So happy you're here!
giphy (2).gif

My name is Heather and this will be my 11th trip to Disney World.
IMG_4096.JPG
I am 31 years old, Mommy to DD, a 7th grade math teacher, and a Disney Travel Agent. To say I'm Disney-obsessed would be putting it mildly. I have been waiting for this trip for almost three years. After our last trip in 2014, we knew that we wanted to start a family and wouldn't be back for a few years. When DD was born, DH said he wanted to wait until she was 5 before we took another trip. And I was like

giphy (3).gif
No.

My DH is Bobby, and this will be his 3rd trip to Disney World and the first time he's actually admitting that he is looking forward to the trip "a little bit." His first trip was in 2011 with me and he is definitely missing out on the nostalgia part of the magic. When we are in Disney he acts like a happy little kid but when we talk about it he acts like he never wants to go and there's lots of eye rolling involved. I think it's all an act because he's afraid that if he admits he likes going I will sell our house to purchase DVC. Here he is on our last trip:
200w_d.gif

200w_d (1).gif

See? He loves it, right?

But most of the time, this pretty much sums us up when it comes to Disney:

IMG_9452.JPG

My DD is Ryann (pronounced like Ryan) and this will be her first visit to Disney World. When she was 10 months old we took her to Disneyland but only because we had a wedding a half hour from there. We live in NJ and I somehow convinced DH that if we were traveling all that way, we may as well go to Disneyland for a few days. Actually, I think I said we may as well go for a week, and he didn't want to go at all, so we compromised with 2 days.

DD is now 21 months and I've already turned her into a Disney-loving monster. We talk about Disney World a lot and a few weeks ago she actually cried because we got in the car and drove home and didn't go to Disney World. I feel you girl. She loves all the Winnie the Pooh characters (but especially Piglet), Mickey et. al., Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, Elsa and Olaf. When she sings the Tigger Song she says "Bouncy Bouncy Fun Fun Fun" which is where the TR title comes from. I will try to get a video of her saying it. Here she is singing Spoonful of Sugar from Mary Poppins (apologies in advance for my singing):

DD is allergic to dairy and eggs. She has never eaten at a restaurant before so Disney may be her first time. I plan to report on our dining experiences so hopefully they will be helpful to someone else who is planning to go to WDW with allergies.

We will be staying at Coronado Springs from August 23 - 29. We will be flying down with our friends from my last TR (M and S) and their daughter who is two days older than DD. They are staying at All Star Movies and for the most part we'll be doing things separately, although we do have one dining reservation together and may schedule a few fastpasses together as well.

Thank you to anyone joining in. I will be posting more info on our trip as it gets closer and thinking of ways to count down to the fun! I can't wait for this trip and was hoping that writing a PTR would help me pass the time. I definitely want to do some kind of crafty countdown with DD when the trip gets a little bit closer. 169 days to go!

ETA: I took a video :)

Last edited:
Hi there stranger!!!!!! Welcome back. I can't believe how big Ryann is already. I swear she was just born yesterday :-) She is absolutely precious and way to go with the Disney brain washing early.:P

So excited for her first trip to the world and for you because as much as you think you love Disney, as you now know there is nothing better than experiencing it through your chills eyes (which may or may not be why Casey who just turned 6 went for the 9th time). Can't wait to see how the planning and trip unfolds.

Hi there stranger!!!!!! Welcome back. I can't believe how big Ryann is already. I swear she was just born yesterday :-) She is absolutely precious and way to go with the Disney brain washing early.:P

So excited for her first trip to the world and for you because as much as you think you love Disney, as you now know there is nothing better than experiencing it through your chills eyes (which may or may not be why Casey who just turned 6 went for the 9th time). Can't wait to see how the planning and trip unfolds.

Hi! Thank you for joining in! :goodvibes I know, I can't believe how big Ryann is either! :faint:
I've definitely been working on that brain washing. I needed a teammate against Daddy! Though honestly, it happened much sooner than I would have thought. I think it's in her genes!:rotfl:

I'm going to try to catch up on your TR as fast as I can. Casey is one lucky girl, 9 trips in 6 years! I'm jealous :thumbsup2

Looking forward to this trip report. We will be arriving at WDW the day after you leave!

You started! Ryann is adorable princess: It goes by fast, doesn't it??
I remember M & S from your last TR! We're hoping to go in late August but have yet to decide on dates, again because of Ricky's basketball. Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

I love your trip reports! I'm so glad you commeneted on the one from '14 so I could start reading your PTR :hyper:

Your daughter is adorable! I'm sure she's going to love it! We took our two to DL last year (DD was 17 months and DS was just turned 3)...our DS had the time of his life!

We're hoping to go this fall to WDW but haven't started planning yet.

Anywayyyy can't wait to read all about your planning!

Looking forward to this trip report. We will be arriving at WDW the day after you leave!

You'll be the people I am sooooooo jealous of when we're leaving and they're first arriving! :rotfl:

You started! Ryann is adorable princess: It goes by fast, doesn't it??
I remember M & S from your last TR! We're hoping to go in late August but have yet to decide on dates, again because of Ricky's basketball. Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

Yeah, I started ;) I was home sick from work and after two days of TV on the couch I wanted something else to do. I don't usually have such large chunks of time to myself so I decided to start!
Yup, time is going by so fast I can't even believe it.
I'm sure you'll post your plans for an August trip in your TR when you figure them out. Maybe our paths will cross!

I love your trip reports! I'm so glad you commeneted on the one from '14 so I could start reading your PTR :hyper:

Your daughter is adorable! I'm sure she's going to love it! We took our two to DL last year (DD was 17 months and DS was just turned 3)...our DS had the time of his life!

We're hoping to go this fall to WDW but haven't started planning yet.

Anywayyyy can't wait to read all about your planning!

You are so sweet! I'm so honored that you actually remember my other TRs :goodvibes
That's so awesome your DS loved DL. I liked it the first time I went but I LOVED it this most recent time with DD. I wish WDW was as easy to navigate where everything is walking distance. I hope your fall trip works out. Will you do a PTR/TR?

Following along

Thanks for joining in! So happy you're here :thumbsup2

Disney is the best with food allergies. The chef will come out and talk to you at each restaurant and they really go above and beyond to make sure your little one is safe and has something delicious to eat. They even made my shellfish allergic son vegetarian sushi at California Grill (even though they had no real need to - there were plenty of other things he could have eaten) but they did it because he really wanted to try sushi and never had been able to safely do so before.

Disney is the best with food allergies. The chef will come out and talk to you at each restaurant and they really go above and beyond to make sure your little one is safe and has something delicious to eat. They even made my shellfish allergic son vegetarian sushi at California Grill (even though they had no real need to - there were plenty of other things he could have eaten) but they did it because he really wanted to try sushi and never had been able to safely do so before.

That is an awesome story :goodvibes It totally exemplifies how willing Disney is to go that extra mile. On one hand, I'm super excited to finally let DD eat at a restaurant but on the other hand I'm so nervous to give up control and trust a stranger to keep her safe.

Chapter 2
In Which There is a Rumbly in my Tumbly While I Book ADRs

So a little bit more detail on how this trip came to be and how our plans evolved...

We were originally going to take a 4 or 5 day trip in the beginning of November 2017 during NJ Teacher's Convention because I have two days off from work and the travel agency I work for offers a discount. Once I realized I would have my TA discount this year we discussed going at a different time when the flights weren't so expensive. We decided on the first weekend of December and I was excited at the possibility of my first MVMCP! But the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like the idea of only having 3 full days in Disney.

I came up with a few other reasons why December wasn't the best idea and asked DH what he thought about August. I already knew he wouldn't want to go, and truthfully I didn't want to go in August either.

But if my choices are a longer trip in the miserable August heat or a shorter trip at some other time, I'll choose August. I have gone in August three times in the past and after every trip I say "never again." Then I book another August trip :confused3

Ultimately DH agreed to August but said he would only do 4 full days, one at each park. I very casually replied that we needed at least 5 full days, and I'm not even sure if he ever actually agreed but that's what I booked! To be fair, I really wanted to stay at the Contemporary with a Theme Park View and when DH vetoed that I was willing to compromise :rotfl:

So here are our tentative plans:
August 23: We arrive late afternoon and just hang around Coronado or maybe go to Disney Springs. I really want to see all the new stuff there plus I'm super excited to go to Erin McKenna's Bakery where DD can actually eat yummy things like cupcakes and donuts!
August 24: Starting off in MK of course! We have a PPO breakfast at BOG and dinner at Crystal Palace with our friends (M and S from the last TR and their daughter A).

August 25: Epcot and dinner at Ohana. We'll be one of the crazies trying to ride Frozen Ever After first thing at opening. I hope it isn't totally out of control like TSMM used to be but DD is really loving Frozen right now.

August 26: DHS and an early Fantasmic dinner package at Hollywood & Vine, then planning to see F! at night. DD and I have watched it on You Tube a couple of times and her favorite part is the dragon. I was worried it might be scary for her in person but hopefully not!

August 27: I'm not totally sure what we're doing this day. I thought we would start at AK but then I booked a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare because DD is obsessed with Mary Poppins. We also have dinner booked at BOG so we'll be at MK too.

August 28: Maybe AK EMH if we don't go the day before and then park hopping to Epcot for dinner at Garden Grill.

August 29: MK for as long as possible before our late afternoon flight home. Ugh, just writing that was sad :sad:

All plans are subject to change :rolleyes: What I do know for sure is that I just can't wait for this trip!!!!!

Last edited:
Joining in here! Yes we always travel to WDW in August too, this past trip DH has vowed "never Disney again in August!" and unfortunately I think he means it this time! :(

Looking forward to reading more, Ryann is just adorable! :flower:

Plans look good! We've gone in August the last 3 years even though I despise the heat. I didn't think I'd be able to handle it but once Ricky hit Jr. High I knew we had to stop taking him out of school for a week...............and because I just love being there so much I've learned to deal with it! You know what to do to work with the heat the best; take a break if you have to (which I hate doing) and plan to be on inside attractions during the hottest part of the day. Besides, when DH sees the happiness and excitement on Ryann's face, it won't matter to him what month it is!

Joining in here! Yes we always travel to WDW in August too, this past trip DH has vowed "never Disney again in August!" and unfortunately I think he means it this time! :(

Looking forward to reading more, Ryann is just adorable! :flower:

Thanks for joining in!! :goodvibes My DH definitely meant it last when he said never again to August - and I really thought I meant it too - yet here we are! LOL so you never know!

Plans look good! We've gone in August the last 3 years even though I despise the heat. I didn't think I'd be able to handle it but once Ricky hit Jr. High I knew we had to stop taking him out of school for a week...............and because I just love being there so much I've learned to deal with it! You know what to do to work with the heat the best; take a break if you have to (which I hate doing) and plan to be on inside attractions during the hottest part of the day. Besides, when DH sees the happiness and excitement on Ryann's face, it won't matter to him what month it is!

I hope you're right! I don't think I can deal with a toddler plus a grown man complaining! ;) When we watch our video from the last trip (Ryann loves watching it which gets me so excited!) we really don't look miserable at all :thumbsup2 I think it will be fine. We'll take breaks (maybe a nap??? DH will be happy to nap, not sure about DD) and find ways to keep cool.

We'v gone in August or September the last few years too and while the heat is definitely oppressive we tend to forget how hot it can be, hence us returning year after year :-) We almost always take a break during the day, which helps a lot and usually helps miss the inevitable rain storm :-) And be sure to allow lots of character time. At least that was what Casey wanted the most when she was a little older than Ryann.

Following along, I remember your last TR was one of the first that I had the attention span to read in full. Loved it and wrote my first one (well, almost- as I never exactly finished it) to your writing style with GIF's, etc. So naturally, when I saw you comment on your '14 one I'll tag along and read this one!! Excited FOR you guys and DD is a beautiful baby. Congratulations again.

We'v gone in August or September the last few years too and while the heat is definitely oppressive we tend to forget how hot it can be, hence us returning year after year :-) We almost always take a break during the day, which helps a lot and usually helps miss the inevitable rain storm :-) And be sure to allow lots of character time. At least that was what Casey wanted the most when she was a little older than Ryann.

Definitely lots of character time! I'm hoping Ryann will still be taking naps come August so perhaps we'll take a break back at the resort. She's not one for stroller naps - although maybe if she's tired enough...:scratchin - but is there anywhere air conditioned where strollers can go?

Following along, I remember your last TR was one of the first that I had the attention span to read in full. Loved it and wrote my first one (well, almost- as I never exactly finished it) to your writing style with GIF's, etc. So naturally, when I saw you comment on your '14 one I'll tag along and read this one!! Excited FOR you guys and DD is a beautiful baby. Congratulations again.

Thank you so much! You just made my day with your post :goodvibes Are you planning to finish your TR?

Nice to see this. I remember when you were introducing DH to DisneyWorld.

Thank you!!! :wave:

Definitely lots of character time! I'm hoping Ryann will still be taking naps come August so perhaps we'll take a break back at the resort. She's not one for stroller naps - although maybe if she's tired enough...:scratchin - but is there anywhere air conditioned where strollers can go?

Really stores and restaurants are your best bets for any prolonged periods, though WS has other options. Casey was never a stroller sleeper either and Disney never changed that. It was back to the room for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter