Box Office Results

Contrary to what previous posts indicated, Pearl Harbor seems to be doing exceptionally well overseas. It opened at #1 in all countries, and has made some $45 million. It set opening week records for BVI in six countries.

Originally posted by wdwguide
Contrary to what previous posts indicated, Pearl Harbor seems to be doing exceptionally well overseas. It opened at #1 in all countries, and has made some $45 million. It set opening week records for BVI in six countries.

Yes....and if it was a "normal" movie, that would be great. But this is a movie which cost around 200 mill.

And don't forget....Pearl opened big here too....it's the staying power which shows how "exceptional" a movie this is. So far it's history shows it's not exceptional.

Originally posted by HBK

Yes....and if it was a "normal" movie, that would be great. But this is a movie which cost around 200 mill.

And don't forget....Pearl opened big here too....it's the staying power which shows how "exceptional" a movie this is. So far its history shows it's not exceptional.

It will be quite interesting to see what the final numbers for PH will say. I don't think it was very smart for Disney to produce such a mediocre film at such a high cost by themselves, but Disney should profit from it in the long term. They probably expected more, but overestimation of demand seems to be a common problem in the current Disney management (but they seem to be learning; they just delayed the opening of the Pop Century by several months).
I definitely couldn't agree with you more that this won't be a "cult" movie that most people will remember after a few years.

Originally posted by wdwguide
they just delayed the opening of the Pop Century by several months

Huh? The initial plan was to open in Spring of 2002. Then, in January of this year, it was announced that it would open on December 15, 2001. Then, in February, WDW began booking. Where did you hear this? How are they going to accomodate all of the current reservations (like mine)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by gcurling

Huh? The initial plan was to open in Spring of 2002. Then, in January of this year, it was announced that it would open on December 15, 2001. Then, in February, WDW began booking. Where did you hear this? How are they going to accomodate all of the current reservations (like mine)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I unfortunately don't have any idea what they'll so with the reservations - probably transfer people to the All Stars or give them upsells for the moderates. They should be contacting you in the near future. The resort should open in March of 2002.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter