Boy Scouts to allow girls

The Boy Scout Troops in my area have record enrollment and my son benefitted tremendously in his scouting experiences which included achieving the Eagle designation. Curious as to what programs your sons are allowed to participate in that engage and stimulate to the same level as that.
Not the OP, but there are many worthwhile youth organizations and school activities where kids can learn leadership and life skills. My son was a scout until he earned Life Scout, then he got a whole lot more out of time spent in school band and academic team. He was also very involved in 4H at one time. Scouting sure deosn't have a monopoly on youth enrichment, amd I know families who left scouting because of the discrimination practiced by the National Boy Scout organization.

I think we limit our youth when we classify them constantly by male/female. Pink for girls, blue for boys, starts in the nursery. Why are we so hung up on that?

Let kids join where they want, let them wear what they want, play what they want, identify with what they want. Teach them to be kind, loving, tolerant problem solvers. The world would be a much better place if we focused on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!