Boyd's in Key West

Has anyone stayed there with kids, if so what are your thoughts?

I stayed there in 2011 in my old popup with my three kids and DW. Stopped at the Fort for one night both coming and going (we are in Alabama and the Fort was almost perfectly halfway from KW).

Read my old trip report: https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-a-short-visit-to-the-fort.2682601/#post-40414330

Then come back at me for questions. I was back in the upper Keys about 14 months ago between Christmas and New Years camping at John Pennekamp state park in Key Largo.

Bama Ed

PS - campsites are CLOSE together, small, and expensive. Which perfectly describes real estate in the Keys. The hurricane that came through about 2 years ago did tremendous damage below Marathon (halfway down the Keys) to just above KW. It wiped out the Sugarloaf KOA and a portion of Bahia Honda state park and all of the camping at Long Key state park (which was already closed at the time for beach renourishment). So the remaining camping/rv spots are more in demand.

PPS - what time of year are you considering? (yes, it matters).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!