Brand spanking new at this! UPDATE

eastendlights

DIS Veteran
After much consideration, my daughter decided to apply to the fall program this week. She submitted her app on Tuesday and was notified Wednesday about doing the WBI. She completed that today and was immediately scheduled for a phone interview next week. Approximately how long will it take after that before she has an answer? Also, what are her chances of receiving an offer? I know next to nothing about any of this and it has all happened rather suddenly. This is the first time she has done this and my husband and I are pretty much in the dark. I do plan on reading this board thoroughly but appreciate any answers anyone may have.

Also, any tips for the phone interview from students that have done the program or been accepted would be great! TIA!

My dd is currently on an extension of her program...started on Sept 5, program ended Jan 5, and she was accepted for an extension.
So...last year she applied on the first day of applications. She applied late in the afternoon on Jan 12. She was invited to do the WBI within an hour. Then, an hour after she completed that, she was invited to do a PI. She scheduled it for the following week. It took a month before she got her acceptance email! Others got theirs before her. But, many more got theirs after her! We can't seem to find any rhyme or reason for the way Disney handles acceptances and rejections. It is what it is.
As far as the PI goes? Your dd should smile! Really. It makes a difference. I found that kids were asked all sorts of questions. My dd kept getting asked 'what would you do in this situation' type questions. Maybe because she spent the last two summers working at a Six Flags in entertainment/character work. She wasn't sure how to answer on some of the questions...she wanted to know more of what led up to the situation!!! Said her answer would have been different for different scenarios!
There are a ton of Youtube videos from kids discussing their PIs. She might want to check those out as well.
Good luck!!!

How exciting!! My DD is currently in the DCP and having the time of her life. She was told during orientation that this past semester 35,000 applied and 4,000 were accepted. Not sure how accurate that is, but it does give you some idea. It was weeks after the PI before my DD got her acceptance email, so be patient. Good luck!!

My DD completed her phone interview last week. Now playing the waiting game to hear back whether Disney will offer her a position. As for gaining knowledge of the DCP, I agree about going to YouTube and searching Disney College Program. Loads of information on there

My recruiter told me that the majority of candidates would hear back by the end of March, but the very latest is somewhere around mid-April. I received my acceptance exactly two weeks after I completed my phone interview, but that time frame can be shorter or longer.

As far as the phone interview goes, I would encourage her to watch some YouTube videos of other people doing their phone interviews, as well as filling out a brief notesheet using some questions found online to guide her answers. I would also recommend she come up with a couple questions to ask her recruiter at the end of the interview-it shows some forethought. I'd leave a space to write down the recruiter's name-and have her throw it in the interview a couple of times.

My interview lasted just over fifteen minutes, which was what I was told to expect as far as length, though I know some go longer. I really stressed all the aspects of the program-living, learning, and earning, and treated it more like an internship opportunity than just a chance to work at Disney. I was only asked one "in this scenario, what would you do" type question.

Well we are here on our annual mother /daughter spring break trip. We are having lunch at Mama Melrose and my daughter got the acceptance email!! So excited!

She just had her phone interview on Thursday night, we flew down here Friday and are here for 13 days. Now how do I get her to fly back to Connecticut and return to college in RI-Lol?? What a whirlwind.

Well we are here on our annual mother /daughter spring break trip. We are having lunch at Mama Melrose and my daughter got the acceptance email!! So excited!

She just had her phone interview on Thursday night, we flew down here Friday and are here for 13 days. Now how do I get her to fly back to Connecticut and return to college in RI-Lol?? What a whirlwind.
Congratulations!!! So exciting! My dd got the email on the shuttle bus at college...she said she wanted to yell and scream, but instead yelped a bit and cried!!! Poor thing. I was driving down to bring her something later in the day, so she didn't call me to tell me!!! She wanted to do it in person...so there we sat, on campus (in Bristol RI), when she told me. Soooo many tears of happiness!!! And I was able to give her the leather bracelet I had purchased on a trip to WDW. Got it in Canada, and it said 'Kate 2016 DCP'!!! She wears it to this day!!!!
Youre in for some fun times!!!

Last semester my daughter applied a few weeks in. She moved very quickly through the process, including her PI. And then waited. 2 months. To be rejected on the last day. As a big birthday (me 50, her 21) and rejection consolation prize we went to Disney in January. Multiple CMs told her she should apply as she would be perfect. We mentioned she had and was rejected. But it lit a fire in her so she applied again this time for next semester. She ignored her concerns about rejection, about how she might lose housing for senior year, how she would have to make her final classes fit in and applied anyway on the first day applications opened. And immediately went to submission. We were shocked and surprised when Disney emailed her last week to arrange for her PI. Apparently if you've applied recently they keep all of your info on file and you move directly to PI if they are interested. It's scheduled for tomorrow. I would really appreciate any pixie dust you all could muster for her. Of course I will do the same for you. I just hate the thought of having to wait another month or more for that rejection, if it should come. But we're trying to remain optimistic.

Last semester my daughter applied a few weeks in. She moved very quickly through the process, including her PI. And then waited. 2 months. To be rejected on the last day. As a big birthday (me 50, her 21) and rejection consolation prize we went to Disney in January. Multiple CMs told her she should apply as she would be perfect. We mentioned she had and was rejected. But it lit a fire in her so she applied again this time for next semester. She ignored her concerns about rejection, about how she might lose housing for senior year, how she would have to make her final classes fit in and applied anyway on the first day applications opened. And immediately went to submission. We were shocked and surprised when Disney emailed her last week to arrange for her PI. Apparently if you've applied recently they keep all of your info on file and you move directly to PI if they are interested. It's scheduled for tomorrow. I would really appreciate any pixie dust you all could muster for her. Of course I will do the same for you. I just hate the thought of having to wait another month or more for that rejection, if it should come. But we're trying to remain optimistic.

I believe if you completed and passed the WBI within six months, they do not have to re-take it, which is why your DD was asked to schedule her PI right away. Sending lots of pixie dust to your daughter! Hopefully she finds out sooner rather than later.

I believe if you completed and passed the WBI within six months, they do not have to re-take it, which is why your DD was asked to schedule her PI right away. Sending lots of pixie dust to your daughter! Hopefully she finds out sooner rather than later.
Thank you! She spent the day watching PI views, covering questions from all the different positions she would like and preparing as best she could. Her college roommates even helped. :) She's excited and super nervous. I'm a little worried because she told me her top 5 choices and I think she's limiting her chances. But those are the positions she really wants and the ones she has/will have experience in so she's confident. She's been right about so many decisions so far, that I can't question her. I mentioned my concern and left it at that. Thank you for your pixie dust and happy thoughts!

My DS just got his acceptance email yesterday for the program. He also got his acceptance letter from college for his senior year to start in the fall . (he is transferring schools). I guess my question is he going to be able to do both? Not sure when his program would start or end at Disney yet. Would he have time to do on line classes at school while at Disney if he needed to?

My DS just got his acceptance email yesterday for the program. He also got his acceptance letter from college for his senior year to start in the fall . (he is transferring schools). I guess my question is he going to be able to do both? Not sure when his program would start or end at Disney yet. Would he have time to do on line classes at school while at Disney if he needed to?

Congratulations on the acceptance! If he plans on taking online classes make sure they are classes he can login into whenever and doesn't have a certain time slot for logging in. I only say this because working on the college program your hours can vary dramatically. Being on the lower end of the totem pole you don't really get much choice on what days or hours you work. During my program I would work random days and usually would get the evening shift from 5 or 6 pm until 2 or 3 am. All locations are different.

Congratulations on the acceptance! If he plans on taking online classes make sure they are classes he can login into whenever and doesn't have a certain time slot for logging in. I only say this because working on the college program your hours can vary dramatically. Being on the lower end of the totem pole you don't really get much choice on what days or hours you work. During my program I would work random days and usually would get the evening shift from 5 or 6 pm until 2 or 3 am. All locations are different.

Thanks but ultimately he decided not to do the program. Really would not be worth it as it would only give him one extra credit for school. On top of that he would be making less than half of what he does now at his job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts