Brave New World PTR

OK, so Alan survived the dentist this morning. Apparently, he had cavities on 3 surfaces of one of his teeth :eek: So glad he was able to get in...I can't imagine how much pain he would have been in by the end of our trip :sad2: I also can't imagine how miserable we ALL would have been! PTL that is taken care of!

Heading to Wally World now, to pick up last minute things for the trip. Then, it's off to the dance supply store, to pick up tights for the girls' dance classes (they have class on Monday). Then, we all have hair appts. this evening (we gotta look good for Mickey ;)). Tomorrow, the girls have auditions at 9am for The Nutcracker, with rehearsals to follow. Sunday, church, and then a meeting after church (we're skipping the baby shower we were invited to that day). Monday, the girls are in dance class (first day)...Allison, from 4-5, and Sarah, from 6:15-7:15. Tuesday, WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY WORLD!!! Sometime, I've got to squeeze in laundry and packing! Oh, my! Crazy weekend!

Followed your link over from Kathy's PTR-

SO sorry to hear about everyone's illness...

just sending well wishes your way...:goodvibes

Hoping everyone is up to snuff soon...:flower3:

Thanks so much! Thankfully, none of us is REALLY sick...chest congestion and cough with mild fevers. My fever is actually gone (for now, at least).

For those who don't know...this has been a tough time for us recently. They say bad luck runs in 3's...I'm here to affirm that! 4 days before we left for WDW, my girls both were found to have lice :scared1: This past Saturday, DD12 fell and badly broke her wrist. She completely broke both bones, and in her x-ray, her hand is sitting to the left of her arm :eek: She had surgery Sunday morning to reset her arm/wrist and is in a long cast for 3-4 weeks, and then a short cast for another 3-4 weeks. No activities (she's very active in dance) for probably 6 months (to prevent the possibility of rebreaking). Monday, I started coughing, and have ended up with H1N1, and now the rest of the family is sick with it.

When can I go back to my happy place? :sad2:

When can I go back to my happy place? :sad2:

Awww, so sorry to hear about your triple-threat of bad luck (I'm a big believer in the "comes in threes" superstition, too!)

When everything settles down it will be fun for you to re-live all your happy times at WDW through a trip report; I know I'm looking forward to reading about your vacation.

Until then, Missy, I'm sending pixie dust in hope that you will all feel better soon! pixiedust:

Kathy

Awww, so sorry to hear about your triple-threat of bad luck (I'm a big believer in the "comes in threes" superstition, too!)

When everything settles down it will be fun for you to re-live all your happy times at WDW through a trip report; I know I'm looking forward to reading about your vacation.

Until then, Missy, I'm sending pixie dust in hope that you will all feel better soon! pixiedust:

Kathy

Thanks, Kathy! Here's some right back at ya! pixiedust:

I'm sorry about all of the bad luck! :scared1:

I'm really late on this(Junior year of high school...very busy :sad2:) but how was your trip? Are you planning on doing a trip report?

Hope you feel better!

Hey Tink! Better late than never! I'm hoping to do a TR, even if it's an abbreviated one. Trying to fit it in between the broken wrist, swine flu, work, homeschool, ps homework, and dance classes has made it quite challenging. Maybe I can start this week, if I don't get called in to work ;) We are all feeling a lot better...we just have a lingering cough that will probably take a while to shake. We DID have a good time on our trip, though we had some challenging moments, too (who wouldn't, on a 12 day trip?!?). Have a great weekend!

Glad to hear you're feeling better and had a good trip! Yeah, with 12 days in Disney SOMETHING has to go wrong at some point :laughing:

Swine flu hit my school recently :scared1: I'm really hoping I don't get it!!! I've already missed a few days of school this year, I can't miss any more :sad2: There's been a lot of extra sleep, hand washing, etc...which reminds me, I need to buy some more hand sanitizer :laughing: We're getting the vaccine during school next week, so I'll be less worried after that. At least I'm not one of the people who's completely panicked hiding out in a bunker until the swine flu goes away :rotfl:

Looking forward to the TR popcorn:: :thumbsup2

You have a good weekend too! :goodvibes

:headache: Allison (DD8) has a fever of 102 again tonight! :headache: I just happened to check her temp at bedtime, since her forehead felt a bit warm. She's still had the nasty wet, congested cough, and then complained at various times today of a "split headache," being tired, and the light hurting her eyes. This will make 13 days of missing school this 9 weeks :scared1: I'm starting to reconsider the idea of pulling her out of school each September to go to WDW :sad2:

Thanks, Kathy! She's feeling much better today. She added a stuffy nose to it, though. Fever is gone, so far. Took her to the doctor...he says it's just viral, and to treat it like flu. He says her lungs are clear, so no fear of pneumonia right now, but I'm still keeping an eye on her ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!