Brazil - the next likely pavilion

Disney originally wanted to have at least one mountain in World Showcase. But Switzerland was never built and Kodak wouldn't allow them to have Mt Fuji in Japan, because of their competitor Fuji film.

d5fb08651d844d73c3473cf915604a90.jpg

epcot-fuji.png

Disney originally wanted to have at least one mountain in World Showcase. But Switzerland was never built and Kodak wouldn't allow them to have Mt Fuji in Japan, because of their competitor Fuji film.

d5fb08651d844d73c3473cf915604a90.jpg

epcot-fuji.png

I know I might be a bit biased (my company's headquarters are in Zurich) but I think a Switzerland pavilion could be really cool - have the Matterhorn ride, a fondue restaurant. Sell watches and coocoo clocks and chocolate. Have a kirche tasting place for the required drinks-around-the-world spot

In Russia you could be a protestor who gets shot or journalist that gets poisoned. There's a lot of interesting possibilities from the far past but the history from Lenin onward isn't very promising.
Actually it's extremely interesting it just isn't pretty. Russia is a fascinating country that deserves a spot in the World Showcase because of the effect they have had on world history. And the monarchy before Lenin was brutal and repressive in many of the same ways the Communists were and the current oligarchs are. But no country has a clean history, and many still have issues today, even those in the WS. I think Russia should be there. I get why it wasn't originally included and why today it is still a touchy subject, but the historical weight of Russia and influence on today's global climate makes it a glaring exception.

Actually it's extremely interesting it just isn't pretty. Russia is a fascinating country that deserves a spot in the World Showcase because of the effect they have had on world history. And the monarchy before Lenin was brutal and repressive in many of the same ways the Communists were and the current oligarchs are. But no country has a clean history, and many still have issues today, even those in the WS. I think Russia should be there. I get why it wasn't originally included and why today it is still a touchy subject, but the historical weight of Russia and influence on today's global climate makes it a glaring exception.
Russia is probably second to no other nation in the richness of their culture. In almost every aspect it'd be a fascinating place to get lost in for an afternoon at Epcot

Russia is probably second to no other nation in the richness of their culture. In almost every aspect it'd be a fascinating place to get lost in for an afternoon at Epcot
And if everything needs an IP these days, maybe they could license the rights for a Crime and Punishment attraction! :cool1:

J/K. I actually would love a Russian pavillion. My Russian Lit teacher in college had such a deep love for the Russian people. He would stand up in front of class and sing Russian songs for us. His enthusiasm was contagious. Such a rich heritage.

And if everything needs an IP these days, maybe they could license the rights for a Crime and Punishment attraction! :cool1:

J/K. I actually would love a Russian pavillion. My Russian Lit teacher in college had such a deep love for the Russian people. He would stand up in front of class and sing Russian songs for us. His enthusiasm was contagious. Such a rich heritage.
It's just so incredibly unique and I really think that's what the world showcase is (supposed to) offer. I'm sure there's gotta be some Russian company who would want to showcase their culture to the "American swine" :thumbsup2

I'd love to see Greece, Russia, Switzerland ....anything but Brazil...
Simply because I cannot stand the chanting, inconsiderate, mobs of unruly groups we ve encountered over the years. In all our encounters not One was ever positive, sad! We avoid that "season" now. I wouldn't want to encourage more of that.

I'd love to see Greece, Russia, Switzerland ....anything but Brazil...
Simply because I cannot stand the chanting, inconsiderate, mobs of unruly groups we ve encountered over the years. In all our encounters not One was ever positive, sad! We avoid that "season" now. I wouldn't want to encourage more of that.

Me too, I have to go in September when it's so hot it feels like your walking on the sun. Last time I went I had to put ice in my hat to cool my head off.

Some guy was staring at me and I overheard him say to his wife "I gotta get a hat so I can do that".

I can't believe there's not more talk of or excitement for an Indian pavillion. They are the 2nd largest country in the world, by population, and there is a huge Indian-American population that, I'm sure, would love to have some representation. Also, the architecture, the food, the history. There's so much you can do with Bollywood, The Taj Majal, massive gorgeous temples, amazing food. This is a HUGE missed opportunity, IMO.

I can't believe there's not more talk of or excitement for an Indian pavillion. They are the 2nd largest country in the world, by population, and there is a huge Indian-American population that, I'm sure, would love to have some representation. Also, the architecture, the food, the history. There's so much you can do with Bollywood, The Taj Majal, massive gorgeous temples, amazing food. This is a HUGE missed opportunity, IMO.

India has been mentioned a bunch in this thread and others - with many people (including me) saying it would be their top choice

There hasn't been any concept art for an Indian pavilion so maybe that is why there hasn't been as much on recent pages as the focus has been on the concept art

Brazil Ride.

Get on a Carnival Float, which starts loud and mardi gras ish, show casing the music, then wends it's way through a coffee plantation, then, parrot flight style, moves through a small journey of the Amazon, where you fall off the edge of the Iguacu falls, wash up on the beach, and finish up at a football match.

Taadaa!
hahahaha....there MUST be a flag on a stick on each ride vehicle too.

It's nothing against any of their offerings, but each of them are really derived from cultural roots of the Spanish Empire (Spain being obvious, and Mexico and Brazil were both colonies for lengthy periods of time). It's likely just my prior experiences with their food/beverages/etc., but I've always tended to view them as offshoots from a similar base.

I'd likely find the same issue if they decided to put a Scotland and Ireland pavilion into World Showcase. There's nothing wrong with any of them, but I'd prefer to see something new and not so similar.
I think exactly as you do on this. I'd rather see Russia or something.

Per latest reports from insiders, including Martin at WDWMagic.com - Brazil will be next, but without an attraction when opening, the potential of an attraction being added later is there, but we know how that works......

There is a version where both happen, but it is not the favored at this time

To make it feel more like Brazil, Disney will have to hire some new cast members to abduct people. Then force the remaining family members to pay a ransom... after they used all their fastpasses of course.
Wow...so in the American pavilion should we start having cast members dressed up as cops shooting minority guests? I was born in Brazil and am an American citizen now, I can not tell you how offensive your comment was. If we took the worst of any country and highlighted it it would sound awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter