breadbowl for clam chowder

homber

Mouseketeer
At the world Aug 18-20 went to harbor house for the clam chowder in the bread bowl.The staff said at least 1 person a day asks about it. When did they discontinue this and why?

O it's been a while now. I would say about 2-3 years (maybe less) but I was disappointed to. When I worked at the Riverboat I used to go and get that for lunch and then feed the bread to the birds on the river.

It is my understanding that it was stopped because there was to much waste. People did not eat the bread bowl, just the soup and then threw the bowl out.

Disappointing, but I see the reasoning behind it.

I've had the Clam Chowder bread bowl a couple of times at Calif. Adventure.

Except for trying to cut the bowl (empty that is) with a flimsy plastic knife and fork the soggy sourdough was great.

LibertBelle, be careful feeding the birds. It may attract the alligators. :teeth:

Originally posted by Babyfatt
LibertBelle, be careful feeding the birds. It may attract the alligators. :teeth:

Don't worry the gators stay far away from the Riverboat, the paddlewheel scares them. It is actually funny to watch them. When the boat is not running (because of a thunderstorm, or rehab, etc,) is usually when you will see them in the guest areas (up by Splash Mountain and stuff). As soon as the boat starts running again they are outta there.

The last time we had clam chowder in a bread bowl was January 2003. When we traveled back in Dec. 2003 they were no longer serving them in the bread bowls. Too much waste was the reason we were given.
They are greatly missed by just about every person in my family.
:sad1: :sad2: :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter