Breakfast adrs after 5k or 10k

Juliemomma

Earning My Ears
if I want to make a breakfast Adr for after the 5k or 10k in Jan, what would be a safe time? I should do the 5k in 30 (and that is padding for pics) and the 10k in an hour (same). Or should I just avoid just in case?

if I want to make a breakfast Adr for after the 5k or 10k in Jan, what would be a safe time? I should do the 5k in 30 (and that is padding for pics) and the 10k in an hour (same). Or should I just avoid just in case?
Depends...are you going back to your room first to shower? Where are you looking for breakfast? Also depends on your starting corral...for both races the first corrals start right at the printed time on runDisney.com, while the last corrals won't start until an hour later.

I realize this isn't very helpful...but just some things to think about. I think if it were me I'd go for something like 9AM, because I HAVE to shower first.

Well to put it in perspective I was in corral E in the 10k and ran just over an 11 min/mile pace. I crossed the finish line just before 7:30 am. I waited for a picture with daisy after and was in Epcot by 9:40 am. I did go back to my room and showered. The rest of my party was ready before I got back so that was good. So if you are not going to stay around after I think 9 am is feasible but I'd think to be on the safe side 9:15-9:30 would be better.

I probably wouldn't need to shower after a 5k or 10k. I am debating if I could do an 8am at Akershus there at Epcot or possibly Cape May.

We made it back to our resort just around 10:00 after the 10k. The buses took a bit of time that we did not account for. We had quick service at our hotel, then a big dinner around 3:00 to celebrate! Good luck!

I probably wouldn't need to shower after a 5k or 10k. I am debating if I could do an 8am at Akershus there at Epcot or possibly Cape May.

Assuming you start around 545, you'll be done running around 645. That leaves you an hour or so to get your medal and post-race goodies, go to your hotel to change, and get back to Epcot for breakfast. It's certainly possible, but why push it? Why not plan for 9 and remove some of the stress from the morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter