Breakfast at WDW. Is it just me or is this an afterthought.

warrenk

Earning My Ears
I cant seem to find anything for a real breakfast, without spending a mortgage payment. Where does everyone eat breakfast.

Thanks. Warren

I think a lot of people just don’t want to waste valuable theme park time sitting down to breakfast when they can eat prior to park opening, but all of the resorts have breakfast. Last time we ate at the restaurant in our resort a couple of days and also got grocery delivery so we could do quick Cheerios, milk and a banana on days we wanted to get moving quicker. We are planning to do the same this year except for one breakfast ADR inside MK prior to park opening.

We aren't big breakfast eaters so yogurt, cut up fresh fruit, and a hot beverage does us fine generally. At times I mix the fruit with the yougurt, sprinkle some granola a top and it's a nice change of pace. When someone wants a pastry or bagel that's fine too. On the dining plan those are all snack credits.

When the planned trip includes a Sunday we go to the parks as early as possible and then eat a late brunch. Last trip it was at Narcoossee's but next trip it'll be CG.

I cant seem to find anything for a real breakfast, without spending a mortgage payment. Where does everyone eat breakfast.

Thanks. Warren
The parks have Starbuck locations which have some breakfast sandwiches and other stuff. We usually eat at our resort's foodcourt if not doing CP. Occasionally we used to grab a pastry in the park but just found it easier to get up earlier and eat at the foodcourt. When I stayed off site I sometimes stopped at McDonald's, if I didn't have something in the room to eat before leaving.
Makes it easier to do an early lunch also.

I felt the same way too. We found the Omelettes to be a decent value at Picabu @ Swan/Dolphin and and at Pepper Market at Coronado, I'm sure others have similar deals. To me the worse value is the buffet or any character breakfast.

Thanks. Warren

What’s a “real” breakfast to you?

For a buffet breakfast (brunch, really, for me) I love The Wave at Contemporary.

We don't eat breakfast. Instead we typically eat lunch right around 11:00 (or 11:30 if it doesn't open until then). That way we beat the rush at QS locations or are one of the first seated at a TS which means it isn't crazy busy and chaotic yet.

We always grab something at the QS at the resort before heading to the parks. DH likes more of a hot breakfast, so he usually gets a breakfast sandwich and I am good with a bagel. He is slow to get ready, so generally I get ready really quick and then run and get the food to bring back to the room while he is finishing getting ready.

Thanks. Warren
It’s Disney lol, this shouldn’t come as a surprise.
By real, if you mean full sit down with coffee, protein, carb, fruit( egg sausage etc) the Bounty platter at QS resorts ( like ihop) But if you mean a real full experience sit down meal for bkfst.. you ll pay much more for the Experience. We enjoy both options, but many seem to rise and run to the parks either skipping bkfst or eat a bar/yogurt etc
Have a great...n Yummy Visit!

A yogurt in the room or a granola bar on the go is breakfast for us. We don't want to waste any time in the morning sitting down to eat when we could be in a park.

Thanks. Warren

I am with you 100%! Unless you want a 'full blown' TS - which I am not ready for in the AM - the offerings seem to be pastries, fruit, or b'fast sandwiches! I do not like 'sweet' that early, and don't prefer a sandwich.

Used to get a Bounty planter at any of the parks at a QS, but haven't found any recently, so assume they discontinued them, also liked the Sunshine Seasons b'fast offerings, which are no more. Really is frustrating to us, but changes are the 'name of the game' with Disney - and unfortunately for us, most are not for the better. :(

Thanks. Warren
As noted above the standard QS item is the boundy platter, which for a family gets pricey and I cannot eat this every day. What we usually do to save time and money is eat in our room. We usually do a grocery stop and get bagels, breakfast bars and a bag a grapes and a small jug of OJ. If we have the dining plan I will usually take one QS credit and exchange for 3 snacks.. Our go to is the yogurt parfait.( 2 can share ) to eat with a bagel. I go down to QS, toast my own bagels and get our yogurt snacks. We really don't need more as we save our eating calories and money for lunch or dinner.

Now one TS I do recommend is Kona, they have great items and yes more than a IHOP or Dennys. but worth the extra and much cheaper than a breakfast character buffett. In hindsight I could have split my macadamia pancakes with my mom if we also ordered maybe a side of something ( yogurt, fruit).. I took about a third back to resort with for the next day. I dont toss macadamias LOL!

All of the resort QS have Bounty Platters, which is typical cafeteria style breakfast of eggs, bacon/sausage, waffles. Most other breakfasts are buffets and mostly character, which is why the price is so high. There are a few hidden gems though that are a really nice breakfast with not that high a price tag like The Wave and Kona Cafe. Personally, I can't get away with just yogurt or a granola bar for breakfast, especially not with all of the walking & energy used up at WDW and make a point of having a nice proper breakfast before we start touring.

We eat in our room. I have shipped down bowls, spoons, cups, cereal, pop tarts, crackers, granola bars, etc.... I have brought with me muffins and bagels. Will do the same this August but I will probably do a grocery delivery instead.

I tend to frequent the omelet station at Landscape of Flavors (Art of Animation Resort). It's hot, protein-filled, and some of the chefs really know what they're doing with their omelets. Some less so, but I still get my protein and it's not bad. My kids usually go for the character waffles or french toast. However, on early morning days (before 7), only pastries and smoothies are available, which means the best source of protein is the peanut butter smoothie, which isn't bad, but it's not what I usually want for breakfast.

In the parks, we like pre park opening breakfast reservations, though they are pretty pricey. Cinderella's Royal Table and Garden Grill are breakfasts we've done more than once.

We do not eat sit down or quick service breakfasts except for character meals that are only available at breakfast (for us, Ohana & 1900PF - we like the characters at both these experiences and they are only present at breakfast.) Aside from that, we have breakfast in our room - but it is a DVC villa so we do have a kitchen and can make eggs, bacon, etc.

We buy lots of lunches and dinners at the park or hotel so eating breakfast in the room is a nice cost savings for us.

Last edited:
We are DVC so we eat in our room on park days. We get groceries delivered on our check-in day.

But on non park days we like to do breakfast ADRs before hitting the pool. Boma and 1900 Park Fare are two of our favorites. Last year we also did the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and enjoyed it. I guess all of those qualify as spending a mortgage payment though lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter