Breakfast at WDW. Is it just me or is this an afterthought.

We are DVC so we eat in our room on park days. We get groceries delivered on our check-in day.

Same here, except we have a car and we just stop at Publix on the way to check in. We usually spend about $125 total but that includes wine & beer, and that keeps us supplied for breakfasts and snack for our entire trip. When you consider how quickly $125 can be spent on Disney food, that's a huge value. :)

What’s a “real” breakfast to you?

For a buffet breakfast (brunch, really, for me) I love The Wave at Contemporary.
I agree on both points! What's considered a "real" breakfast to you? And YES! YES! YES! The Wave is soooooooo awesome for breakfast! I ate there twice last trip, plus once for dinner. :teeth: im a big fan. Breakfast is pretty cheap considering they have a buffet PLUS made-to-order items (included in the price) as well as mimosa's! I believe I paid $23.

While my daughter, god daughter and myself are rope drop commandoes the other 5 members of my daughter maternal relatives all sleep in. I scheduled all of our breakfasts for our 2nd week after they go home. Normally we just skip breakfast hit the parks and as many others on this site do have an early lunch.

Another DVCer who mostly sticks to simple and quick breakfasts in my villa.

I do enjoy eating breakfast at Boma on my last day (also to say goodbye to the animals at AKL). Olivia's at OKW is a great option that is not a buffet. Neither is cheap, but both are less than my mortgage payment.

I do need to give the Wave a chance also.

not sure what you mean by "a real breakfast" but probably something like a plate of bacon and eggs or pancakes. I usually don't eat breakfast so I'm not totally sure. I dislike eggs, so my choices are narrowed down a lot. And regarding the price it looks at though you are interested in quick service prices. Full service prices are much higher than quick service prices, and you'll find virtually no full service breakfast options in the parks that aren't attached to character meals ($$$ added for characters).

Disney knows its majority. They don't want to waste early morning park time for breakfast unless it means they can add some character meets. So you won't find many quick service places in the parks offering a full hot breakfast. Some do; if they have the aforementioned bounty platter, that is what you want. But they don't make their money on in-park quick service breakfasts.

Almost all the resorts will have some sort of breakfast like you seek, especially those with full food courts. If you're lucky and your resort has a place like the Wave or the Grand Floridian Café or Kona Café or Olivia's, then you can find full sit down breakfasts that are still at Disney prices but not Character Meal prices.

Last edited:
Same here, except we have a car and we just stop at Publix on the way to check in. We usually spend about $125 total but that includes wine & beer, and that keeps us supplied for breakfasts and snack for our entire trip. When you consider how quickly $125 can be spent on Disney food, that's a huge value. :)

We always rent/have a car (and the last 3 trips we have driven down from NYC!) and I used to run to Publix once our room was ready. This usually meant getting everyone in the room from the pool, my wife and kids getting ready for dinner, me running to the market, then getting back to the room and showering and getting ready for dinner. A lot of running around for the first day of "vacation" lol... So two years ago we decided to use Garden Grocer and I couldn't be happier. I know it costs a little more than going shopping myself, but having the groceries delivered right to the concierge is just so convenient.

So two years ago we decided to use Garden Grocer and I couldn't be happier. I know it costs a little more than going shopping myself, but having the groceries delivered right to the concierge is just so convenient.

I mentioned this option to DW yesterday (about ordering the groceries delivered) and she flatly stated "I'm not doing that.":laughing: She likes to shop and pick things out, and I do too. Sometimes you just have to "eye" the shelves to know what is going to hit the spot. Besides, then she gets to say to me "We're only here for X nights, how much beer do you need?":teeth:

Typically we bring breakfast with us. Most mornings cereal, muesli, bagels, etc... are enough for us before we head out for the park. However, the Yacht/Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge have great options for when we want to get something different. It can add up cost wise to eat QS every morning, and we'd rather save some of that money for a nice dinner or lunch in the park or at another resort.

Never been a real big fan of breakfast and certainly don't appreciate it eating away at my park time. We've generally just bought cereal/fruit at a supermarket. As a general rule I despise counter service breakfasts however I am a huge fan of pre park opening table service breakfasts, especially character buffets. Stuffing my face whilst getting autographs > sweating in a crowd behind a rope.
This upcoming trip we have Tusker House, Garden Grill and Crystal Palace lined up along with Be Our Guest (because I've been reliably informed by my parents this is a good use of a QS credit) and Boma's because Boma's on our last morning is tradition.

I cant seem to find anything for a real breakfast, without spending a mortgage payment. Where does everyone eat breakfast.

Thanks. Warren

They've tried having breakfast at all the parks, and since they don't stick around very long, my guess is the majority of guests don't want them/aren't eating them, so you're out of luck AT THE PARKS. As others have said, all resort QS have breakfast.

Used to get a Bounty planter at any of the parks at a QS, but haven't found any recently, so assume they discontinued them, also liked the Sunshine Seasons b'fast offerings, which are no more. Really is frustrating to us, but changes are the 'name of the game' with Disney - and unfortunately for us, most are not for the better. :(

Sunshine Seasons is STILL serving breakfast. It's the one inside park place that has survived. They closed briefly when Soarin' was under refurbishment, but they've been back open and serving breakfast for over a year now.

We aren't big breakfast eaters...I don't like the feeling of walking around the parks on a super full stomach, which means we save our "full meal" for a late dinner. So we always stop at Publix (we rent a car) on our way into WDW and buy cereal, yogurts, OJ, and fruit for the room and eat that most days. But as a PP mentioned, on days when we're at Epcot, on the way out we buy pastry either from Norway or France and have it for breakfast in the morning. :)

I suggest Kona Cafe for a great, non-buffet, breakfast. Famous for Tonga Toast and macadamia nut pancakes but you can also get eggs and other traditional items. Also, the press pot coffee is wonderful.

We aren't big breakfast eaters...I don't like the feeling of walking around the parks on a super full stomach, which means we save our "full meal" for a late dinner. So we always stop at Publix (we rent a car) on our way into WDW and buy cereal, yogurts, OJ, and fruit for the room and eat that most days. But as a PP mentioned, on days when we're at Epcot, on the way out we buy pastry either from Norway or France and have it for breakfast in the morning. :)
Same for us with the addition that our first rides are generally rollercoasters and I prefer a tummy less full then, LOL.

Love me some Kona for second breakfast. I usually wake up around 5 and eat a banana and drink some whole milk in the room. Rope drop MK and ride something, then head to Kona at the Poly for a late breakfast while my fam (which actually serves as my lunch lol).

We don't normally do breakfast, but we usually try and do Boma buffet once. We really enjoy their breakfast.

Is there any place that you could grab a breakfast sandwich or breakfast wrap to walk with?

Is there any place that you could grab a breakfast sandwich or breakfast wrap to walk with?
Depends on what park you are going to or onsite hotel you are staying at. As far as parks go at AK there is Kusafari Village; at MK you have the Starbuck's operating out of Main Street Bakery (not sure if they have wraps or hot breakfast sandwiches), also Sleepy Hollow's.

I rarely eat a hot breakfast in the morn so this is all just stuff I've read through DIS and viewing menus @ mydisney.com. I'm pretty sure some of not all of the food courts and QS at the resort hotels have versions as well.

We generally have yogurt, bananas, apples, and granola bars delivered to our room from Garden Grocers and eat things like that for breakfast.
We did like the breakfast foods at Satu’li Cafe though. They weren’t to expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter