Breakfast at WDW. Is it just me or is this an afterthought.

I feel you. I like breakfast, but don't drink coffee and definitely don't want to start the day with a big ole hunk of sugary carbs. Can't deal with the energy spike and crash OR the day long sugar cravings such a breakfast starts. My traveling companions, however.... one will have just coffee, the other has such a weird rotating work schedule (ICU nurse) that morning might be dinner time and she'd be in the mood for a plate of goulash! So, in "the World," because we're Rope Droppers and like to get going early, I bring peanut butter. The major brands all sell 6 packs of individual serving sizes. Get a banana at the resort store and TA DA! Breakfast with some protein and plant-based food. I will also get breakfast sandwiches at the resort QS if lunch will be late-ish.
'

It’s Disney lol, this shouldn’t come as a surprise.
By real, if you mean full sit down with coffee, protein, carb, fruit( egg sausage etc) the Bounty platter at QS resorts ( like ihop) But if you mean a real full experience sit down meal for bkfst.. you ll pay much more for the Experience. We enjoy both options, but many seem to rise and run to the parks either skipping bkfst or eat a bar/yogurt etc
Have a great...n Yummy Visit!

We usually eat breakfast at the food court at the resort a couple times during the week. However we have found that the bounty platter is WAY too much food for us. If we want the bounty platter, two of us share it. Usually we get the kids breakfast meal. One of them comes with two or three mickey waffles and bacon, another comes with scrambled eggs, sausage and hash brown casserole, plus the kids meal comes with a drink, which the adult one doesn't unless you are on a dining plan. Its definitely enough food, and in the $6 range instead of $11.

Grocery Delivery to the room for us. Stock up on lots of cereal, milk, OJ, bagels, muffins, yogurt, bananas, berries, etc. We find anything else to be wasteful with our kids. If I go crazy, I order my hubby some cream cheese and smoked salmon too and he's a happy puppy. For us, it's not just the time involved, but keeping it easier in the morning. Our kiddos (twins just shy of 4 yrs old when we go this year) are definitely creatures of habit, and breakfast more like what they are used to means less fuss. Cheaper is a bonus.

We are big breakfast eaters so we have always stayed off site at a place with a full american breakfast, Buena Vista Suites.

Pricey, but room service, at least at the deluxe resorts, will give you a real breakfast.
We usually do this - we eat as we get ready.

The resort food courts aren't a bad go. As Scrapquitler said, you can get the kid plates, and maybe tack on a pastry or some fresh fruit and it's ample for 2 adults. We've driven to a value resort to have breakfast when we were staying elsewhere on property, just because it was a better fit with our plans for the day.

Another place I'd recommend, if you don't mind breakfast taking some of your touring time, is Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin. It opens early - 6:30 IIRC, which is good for the times when the parks open later. It's not too over-priced, and offers a good selection of healthier breakfast items on the buffet. Also has a small menu, but the buffet is a better value (usually)
The buffet breakfast at Trail's End is also a decent choice, but will cut into touring time unless you eat way earlier than we do :)

If you're trying to feed a family (4+ people) then your options are a bit more limited and get more expensive. In that case, if possible, I'd probably recommend bringing in your own groceries (delivered or shopped for) and having something for breakfast in the room. We've done that for just 2, and it works out pretty well.

But you didn't say how many in your group, or what level resort you'll be at. That makes a difference in what your best options are.

I'd add, just as an FYI, you can usually order a "side" of something that is a lot cheaper than a whole platter and they give you plenty. So, for example, you can get a side of eggs on their own, which is great if you don't eat sausage/bacon. We do that for a really fast, small breakfast sometimes; grab a side of eggs and split a danish... now I wish I was in Disney even more...

The idea of eating a big breakfast and then going to the parks makes my stomach hurt. I prefer peanut butter on toast in the room with some juice. More then enough for me!

The idea of eating a big breakfast and then going to the parks makes my stomach hurt. I prefer peanut butter on toast in the room with some juice. More then enough for me!

Exact opposite. One trip we didn't eat breakfast and went to DHS expecting to eat there. For some reason we did ToT first and I was not feeling well.

The food courts at the resorts sell bread for like 99 cents. You can grab PB or Jam from the condiments area. there is a toaster there.

For a morning when you have time or a non-park day, we love breakfast at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian or Rain Forest Cafe at Animal Kingdom.

We often eat fruit from the stands in the parks. DD loves to grab items from Starbucks too in the MK. Other days we stop at Sleepy Hollow in the MK and get loaded up waffles which serve as a brunch type of meal if you play your cards right (think ham and cheese on a waffle). Often times we eat breakfast foods from our rooms (which I pack in our suitcases)... all of these serve our needs as people who are on the go in the mornings. Nothing is costly (not even Sleepy Hollow) as we normally eat a substantial, more expensive, meal later in the day in between lunch and dinner.

My families plan for this trip is get some basic breakfast foods like bagels and cereal shipped to our room so we can have something if we want on our way to catch the bus. Besides a planned meal at crystal palace, there is no breakfast scheduled for our 10 day trip.

We have an 8 year old, so we plan for one character breakfast during the trip & the other mornings we bring store-bought muffins with us to eat in the room. We drive, so it's easier to bring some stuff from home with us in the car.

Other days we stop at Sleepy Hollow in the MK and get loaded up waffles which serve as a brunch type of meal if you play your cards right (think ham and cheese on a waffle).

This is often what we do, as the chicken waffles are really good and more filling than a piece of fruit or toast, etc. We almost always include Sleepy Hollow as a stop when in MK.

I don't usually do breakfast while at WDW but I'm planning on doing a couple on our May trip. Boma and the new Ale & Compass are on our list! Olivia's is also a great choice for breakfast.

What’s a “real” breakfast to you?

For a buffet breakfast (brunch, really, for me) I love The Wave at Contemporary.

We had a not so great experience at The Wave on our trip a couple of years ago. Too bad because I enjoyed it the first time we went. It's hard to get myself to go back. I'm stubborn that way.:)

Main Street Bakery used to be my go to breakfast for MK days but now that they have replaced it with Starbucks its far to busy to attempt an order. Now a days we keep a stash of quick breakfast bars or pop-tarts in the hotel room so we don't need to worry about slowing down our morning.

Usually in our room. If we drive, I bring shelf-stable things from home and pick up refrigerated things on our way into town. If we fly, we stop at a grocery store on the way in. We buy bottled water (you can never drink enough water at Disney!), usually bananas, pre-cut fruit (melons, etc.), granola bars, yogurt cups, and my kids' (and husband's) favorite junky breakfast treat, Pop Tarts. I usually have a few other things on hand for snacks in the parks and in the room. It saves a lot on QS breakfasts, and saves a lot of time in the mornings when we're trying to rope drop.

I will, however, do a pre-park open character breakfast once during our trip, usually. We try to hit a different park each time. It mixes up the dining rut and gets us in a little early. As my kids get older, those will become less frequent. And for our adults only trip this fall, we're planning to go over to Captain Cook's or Kona for breakfast one morning - probably a day when we're not going to rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter