Breakfast B4 Magical Express

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
We have a 3:00pm flight home. Didn't realize that Magical Express now picks up 4 hours early. So that will be 11:00am. I had planned on going to Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast but now I worry I don't have enough time.

Staying at ASMu and using WDW transportation, how early should I make ADR for Kona Cafe? MK opens at 9:00am so I assuming WDW transportation begins at 8:00am Is that correct? How long will it take to get there? Even more important, how long will it take to get back? Do they have buses back from MK at that time?

If this is not an option, what other ADR can I make? Is the AK area better? Is it worthwhile for AKL places?

Don't want to do the food court. It's my daughters bday weekend. If limited, what can I do that morn to make it special for her. Don't want sit around waiting for the bus.

Would you consider uber or Minnie van for transportation? I’d probably do that and then you’d have plenty of time. I’d also expect there’s a park opening earlier than 9 am so the buses are probably running earlier than 8. But resort to resort, the buses will be a slow option.

Buses start running at 6:15 am every morning. When is your trip? DME should be back to a 3-hour pickup after the holidays, and since you don’t have an ADR yet, I assume your trip is quite a ways in the future. It should be an easy meal to make.

Traveling on 1/22. Hoping will back to 3 hours but as of now I was 4 hours.

All transportation starts at 6:15? If so, how early should I make ADR?
I figured take to bus to MK, then hop onto the monorail. Thinking back the monorail has delayed starts at times. How is the monorail these days.

What is the latest I would need to leave?

How much for the Mini Van? Does go to ASMu?

I think they’re available anywhere now, but not positive. They are available at Poly so would be an option at least for the ride back.

Traveling on 1/22. Hoping will back to 3 hours but as of now I was 4 hours.

All transportation starts at 6:15? If so, how early should I make ADR?
I figured take to bus to MK, then hop onto the monorail. Thinking back the monorail has delayed starts at times. How is the monorail these days.

What is the latest I would need to leave?

How much for the Mini Van? Does go to ASMu?

It was announced this morning that as of Jan 11, ME is back to the 3 hr before flight for pick up.

Uber or lyft is your most stress free options n. Resort to resort using Disney transportation is 60-90 minutes each way

W Uber or lyft more like 30 min max

To airport is around 30-50

If your airline allows bag checkin, I would do that, go enjoy breakfast and then Uber to airport at noon-ish

If you only gave security to go through and not bag check, you don't need to be that early

Buses start running at 6:15 am every morning.

Take this information with a grain of salt. I very nearly missed a PPO tour at Epcot, and other families at the Contemporary who nearly missed PPO breakfast at Akersus, because we were told that there would be a bus to take us to Epcot between 7 and 7:30. As a result of the bus not coming (one of the drivers called dispatch on his radio to confirm that there was no bus coming), we all made a mad dash to the monorail when it began operating that morning, and then were taken pity on by the Epcot monorail dispatcher at TTC who ran a special train for us to get us there by 8am.

Count on Disney transportation operating one hour before MK opens if you want to use the monorail. Otherwise, consider Uber or a Minnie Van.

We have a 3:00pm flight home. Didn't realize that Magical Express now picks up 4 hours early. So that will be 11:00am. I had planned on going to Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast but now I worry I don't have enough time.

Staying at ASMu and using WDW transportation, how early should I make ADR for Kona Cafe? MK opens at 9:00am so I assuming WDW transportation begins at 8:00am Is that correct? How long will it take to get there? Even more important, how long will it take to get back? Do they have buses back from MK at that time?

If this is not an option, what other ADR can I make? Is the AK area better? Is it worthwhile for AKL places?

Don't want to do the food court. It's my daughters bday weekend. If limited, what can I do that morn to make it special for her. Don't want sit around waiting for the bus.

It was announced this morning that MDE is going back to a 3-hour prior pick-up.

I would not rely on WDW transportation to do this. The recommended travel time using WDW transport is 90 minutes and they are not kidding. It once took us almost 2 hours to get from BWI to CR for a reservation and that was the last time I used WDW buses to go resort to resort. I would uber or lyft (Minnie Vans are not currently available to those staying at a value or mod). If you make your ADR for 9 am, I would be outside of your resort on the uber or lyft app by 8:00 am (which is early, but better safe than sorry). You will be at Poly well before 9 am. If you are done with breakfast by 10:00/10:15 am, you should have no problem using WDW transportation to get back to the resort. Or simply uber/lyft back. It will cost no more than $10.

If you would rather eat at AKL, Boma is amazing and AKL is gorgeous! Personally, I would rather eat there than Kona! Kona is in desperate need of a refurb.

The busses will be running to MK no later than just after 7 am but I would take an Uber and as noted above...Starting next Thursday (Jan 11), DME will go back to picking guests to 3 hours prior to your flight

I just booked our ME for Jan 15th and the woman told me three hours before departure.

Not sure about how far the trip is but we had to go resort to resort for breakfast last trip and the mears taxi was pretty cheap and quite quick. It’s worth it if it’s a breakfast you really want to do I think. We took Disney transport on the way back because we weren’t rushed but taxi is so much faster

My Family and I have an ADR at CM early morning Saturday next month. (Like... at the time the restaurant OPENs early! Lol)

Since we are staying "on-site" I may use the Uber trick to haul the clan over to the Contemporary! Seems like it's recommended by the Veterans as a reliable/sure fire way to make sure we get our day started on the right track!!

I appreciated it y'all!! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!