Breakfast Choice

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
On the monday we are leaving the original plan was to do Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey and Friends — Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, because we were not going into the park. But now we got the extra day with the sale and we are thinking of doing Minnie Mouse at Plaza Inn. Which one would you choose? This is for my sons Birthday. He will be 2. I was leaning toward Surfs up cause my son love stich. But now that we have an extra day in the parks, I dont like missing the early morning in the parks.

What day is it? Do you know what time DL opens that day and if there is magic morning that day? Depending on what time you schedule the breakfast it could be a toss up honestly. When you are Minnie’s you are also missing “park time” meaning ride time, etc. I have done both and much prefer the food, service and pace of the PCH Grill (although it’s not Mickey and Friends anymore, it’s Donald and Friends). However you will see many more characters at the Plaza Inn.

How into meeting lots of characters is your son? When we did PCH Grill my son was 2.5 and still a little shy meeting characters so that environment was great for him... fewer characters, smaller space, the “dance party” at the front of the room with all the kids and characters was amazing. I have the cutest video (screen shot below).

DA70C501-2B7F-449B-BAB6-C517DB054216.jpeg

Last edited:
We did the Surf's Up breakfast in July just before it switched from Mickey to Donald because my friend's daughter is super-into Stitch (we didn't tell her Stitch was going to be there, so she was surprised and ecstatic). The dance party was super - I don't know if they still do that now that it's Donald's. That said, it was fun, but, honestly, given the choice, I'd still prefer to do Minnie's if I had park access that day. But if meeting Stitch is important, the PCH breakfast is the only way to be certain of doing it.

Just FYI surfs up is now Donald’s seaside breakfast and Mickey isn’t there. It’s Donald , stitch, daisy, and Minnie.

You will probably get more characters at plaza inn.

However we did Donald’s and the interaction was amazing. We did it back when it was surfs up too last year and had much more fun there then at Minnie’s. We also liked the food better. We will deff be doing it again. I think it’s become our favorite character meal.

If you have a Stitch fan, definitely do Donald’s at PPH. We are not really a character family, but my youngest has loved Stitch for ages. She decided she wanted to do the breakfast on her 10th birthday and it was fantastic.

The character interaction was amazing, and my kids really enjoyed the food options. It wasn’t busy at all (our reservation was around 7am so we could get to the parks asap). Here’s Stitch messing with my oldest:

F822750C-7BF9-4617-B98D-5314C8FC36D3.jpeg
I will say that there was so much character interaction that my kids swore they’d never do a character meal again. :rotfl2: And my youngest was slightly traumatized by being the only kid around during the dance party, but she was a great sport about it. :-)

Possibly, but not definitely. And only if you're a cardholder.

So I’d like to comment on this. So we really wanted to see stitch. We had reservations at donalds but canceled them becuse we wanted more sleep lol. I thought “hey will see stitch at the chase” well it doesn’t start until 1030.. and they don’t tell you who will be there. So I ended up snagging a last minute reservations for Donald’s at 1030 because I didn’t want to chance not seeing my husband and I’s number one character.

So I’d like to comment on this. So we really wanted to see stitch. We had reservations at donalds but canceled them becuse we wanted more sleep lol. I thought “hey will see stitch at the chase” well it doesn’t start until 1030.. and they don’t tell you who will be there. So I ended up snagging a last minute reservations for Donald’s at 1030 because I didn’t want to chance not seeing my husband and I’s number one character.
Yes, I think they rotate the characters.

Yes, I think they rotate the characters.

Plus, just because a character is scheduled to be there doesn't mean they'll actually show up. On our last trip a week before Thanksgiving, we waited for about 20 minutes near the front of the line because Stitch had left and Minnie was running late. We thought we'd end up waiting until Stitch came back out (as that's what the CMs manning the kiosk thought would happen), but Minnie ended up coming out 15 minutes late.

Keeping in mind we haven't done the breakfasts for a few years - we've done them all, and we personally preferred the food at Surf's Up to Plaza, but that was before they changed the characters. The character interaction was better at Surf's Up but there were more characters at Plaza.

When's your breakfast scheduled and when does the park open that day? How far away from the park entrance/PPH are you staying? If you have an early reservation and the park opens later, you may not lose much park time, but you may have to do a lot of walking!

On the monday we are leaving the original plan was to do Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey and Friends — Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, because we were not going into the park. But now we got the extra day with the sale and we are thinking of doing Minnie Mouse at Plaza Inn. Which one would you choose? This is for my sons Birthday. He will be 2. I was leaning toward Surfs up cause my son love stich. But now that we have an extra day in the parks, I dont like missing the early morning in the parks.
This has got me conflicted. We usually love Breakfast with Minnie but our last one was HORRIBLE. I don't even want to tell it because it had to have just been the biggest most ridiculous fluke ever. What we usually do is get a 10 to 10:30 reservation and treat it as lunch and our three or four times prior to last year's was great!

However I am a HUGE Donald fan and DD6 is a HUGE Stitch fan...I've got some research to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts