Breakfast ending at Be Our Guest, restaurant to become table service only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be permanent, and they'll eventually add a TS breakfast as well. I just don't see them going back to QS if they can get enough people paying $62 for meals. I wouldn't want to pay $62 for a 3 course vegetarian meal either! We eat meat, so we did book BOG as our big meal for DHs birthday, a 2pm lunch.
Yeah, I feel the same way even though I wish it was different. It just sucks because now both “castle” experiences are expensive now. I always liked how QS at BOG gave people who either can’t afford or don’t want to spend that much an opportunity to see the inside of a castle and appreciate the all the imagineering.

I guess I'm in the minority because I am happy about this change. I've always liked BOG for dinner but have never been there for lunch because I like a nice, relaxing TS meal for lunch in the middle of a park day, and QS would feel weird to me in such a well-appointed place, kind of like having QS in CRT. For me, increasing the daily number of still hard-to-get opportunities for a TS meal at BOG is a good thing.

I guess I'm in the minority because I am happy about this change. I've always liked BOG for dinner but have never been there for lunch because I like a nice, relaxing TS meal for lunch in the middle of a park day, and QS would feel weird to me in such a well-appointed place, kind of like having QS in CRT. For me, increasing the daily number of still hard-to-get opportunities for a TS meal at BOG is a good thing.
I'm with you. We have never been able to get a dinner reservation, so we tried lunch. QS was awful, and we basically gave up on BOG. Now I might actually try it again.

Noooooo! We loved Be Our Guest lunch, and especially the fact that it was quick service, so you got to seat yourself. With table service, you're at others' mercy for where you sit and I hate that. There are 3 unique dining rooms & we like to choose our own spot. As a party of two, we often get placed at a tiny table in a crappy location.
You know you can always request a room, and absolutely politely but firmly request a different table, right?

Here's my question about BOG, now that lunch & dinner are the same, will they accept Tables in Wonderland for both meals? Previously, it was only honored during dinner because breakfast & lunch were QS, but now? At this price point, any way I can get a discount will help.

Has anyone been to Be Our Guest since the re-opening? Is the Beast there for lunch and/or dinner?

Has anyone been to Be Our Guest since the re-opening? Is the Beast there for lunch and/or dinner?
Yes, I have. The Beast was there and he made appearances during the meal. He looks at your table from a safe distance and poses, so you can take a picture of him.

Yes, I have. The Beast was there and he made appearances during the meal. He looks at your table from a safe distance and poses, so you can take a picture of him.
That's the same experience that I had during a dinner at BOG 3 years ago. The beast made an appearance. I was more excited about the Grey stuff! (It's delicious :D )

??? Have you actually met the Beast? He's not exactly the cuddly type, anyway. We got a better interaction from him acknowledging & posing for us than we did the time we actually met him a few years ago, when he just stood next to us like a glowering rock.

I did get "acknowledged" with a head nod and wave because I thanked him for letting us into his castle.
He's a proud beasty. You have to play along.

That's how it's always been during the meal. He walks through on occasion, no meets in the dining room. It's not actually a character meal and has never been advertised as one.
Lol. I agree. Question is will the parks ever go back to pre covid19 days

I booked dinner for my next trip in September. I had sticker shock at first with the fixe prix price of $62. Then I looked at the menu there and some other nice steak places in WDW and decided the price was in line with or better than those if you add in an app and dessert. I love the atmosphere so I am paying extra for that I know. I hope the food is good - it was last time but that was several years ago.
I will miss the QS lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter