Breakfast ideas please...low in carbs.

faith

DIS Veteran
I find myself eating too many carbs! Any ideas for something quick and healthy?
For you WW's what do they recommend for their breakfast program? Thanks for any help.:)

Egg white omelet with lots of veggies

oatmeal -- without added sugar! Add a little cinnamon and some sweet and low. It is high in carbs -- but the good kind of carbs.

You might want to try to eat different types of foods for breakfast also. Who says that you can't have a grilled chicken breast, some veggie stirfry, or some veggie soup for breakfast.

I am trying to eat the oatmeal every morning.
:)

I basically have 2 breakfasts. I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I also take the carton of Egg Beaters that is equivalent to 2 eggs and make scrambled eggs with a piece of fat free american cheese torn up and melted in.

I try to have protein with every meal. Before I was at WW, my favorite breakfast was a giant toasted sesame seed bagel with plain or strawberry cream cheese!

Watch your carb count on anything that is fat free. While cheese has no carbs, most all foods that are fat free, do have a higher carb. count. I am not sure about cheese, but in dressings, mayo, etc. sugar is added and that adds carbs. The low carb diet I am on, does not allow anything fat free, or low fat. Everything must be the regular version.

I'm not good at low carb anything because I love my fruit, veggies, and breads more than protein. That's why WW is a good plan for me because I can mix and match according to my taste that day. I try to vary my breakfasts, using different cereals and fruits or eggs and boca sausage (soy) to pb&j on toast. I tend to stick to the less sugary cereals like shredded wheat, regular cheerios or wheaties. Really plain then I add my own fixings like asssorted fruits or I use yogurt instead of milk (it's one of the few ways I can eat yogurt -- I am not a yogurt eater).

Some mornings I have a nice ham and cheese melt on a piece of toast, a small pita or an english muffin (1/2 the muffin). It's tasty and easy to make. If you want to eliminate the bread all together how about a meat rollup. Scramble an egg, then take a slice of ham or turkey (or any other meat), line it with a slice of swiss or cheddar cheese and place the scrambled egg on top of that. Roll it up and slice to eat. That could be a tasty breakfast treat.

And I second wonderwoven's comment -- who says you have to have "breakfast" for breakfast? Eat what tastes best to you regardless of time of day. I have had soup for breakfast (I'm not a tea or coffee drinker) on a cold day and it's hit the spot!

I try to keep some hard-boiled eggs on hand for breakfasts. If I have time, I will make a "breakfast" devilled egg by mixing some bacon bits in with the yolk. If I'm running really late, I just eat the egg as is!

I also find cheese sticks handy to grab for breakfast. I like the individually wrapped cheddar or cheddar/jack ones. And if I have some lunch meat on hand, I will make roll-ups by wrapping a piece of lunch meat around the cheese.

:cool:

This afternoon I made a batch of crustless quiches in mini muffin tins. I added heavy whipping cream (zero carbs), cheddar cheese and broccoli. Spray the tins with Pam, fill 3/4 of the way and bake at 350 for around 15-20 minutes. I freeze them, and then pop in the microwave for a quick breakfast (or snack). Sometimes I will make them with turkey, turkey ham, turkey bacon, spinach, etc. Be creative!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter