Breakfast near aulani

any recommendations for breakfast near aulani?

There is a brand new EggsNThings that just opened right across the street from Aulani in Ko Olina Station! It's a locally owned company and supposed to be very good. If Vintage Coffee is still in the same shopping center, they had some breakfast items like acai bowls, etc.

Koa Pancake place is not too far I think and is a great local place from what I hear. We have not yet tried it. We love AMA AMA for breakfast, btw. And it's a LOT cheaper than dinner there! :cutie:

Maybe this is a silly question, but my husband is a big coffee fan and we want to make sure we get some good coffee (Kona?) Is this available generally or do you have to go somewhere in particular?

You can get brewed Kona that is pretty good at Ulu Cafe but you need to ask for it otherwise you are getting regular everyday coffee.
The basket in the room has a small pre pack of Kona (single serve?) for when you first get there but it certainly isnt a premium Kona. It is ok though and has that distinct flavor and aroma.
You can get ok Kona at the Island Vintage and at the Island Market and even at Target and Safeway.
We find it is all pretty good so long as it isnt a blend.
We have been very spoiled by spending time on the Big Island and touring different farms and roasters. Some of it is soooo smooth and rich.
So bottom line is Kona coffee is generally available in many places in and around Oahu

Spam Musubi from the Island Country Market across the street from Aulani! They also a variety of hot food throughout the day. Much cheaper than Aulani!

Maybe this is a silly question, but my husband is a big coffee fan and we want to make sure we get some good coffee (Kona?) Is this available generally or do you have to go somewhere in particular?

As PP have said, just be sure to good 100% Kona NOT a blend which is what most places will sell. It won't be cheap, btw.

AMA AMA's french press of 100% Kona is VERY good. VERY. I am not even a coffee drinker and it converted me and DD#2! :cutie: Btw, Kona is not the only fabulous Hawaiian grown coffee. Maui has some fabulous coffees grown on island, as does Kauai. I believe Maui is the only island not to have gotten the infestation of some sort of beetle that is greatly impacting a lot of the Big Island's coffee farms (where Kona coffee is grown). Maui was trying very hard to keep the bugs off their island when we were there a few months ago.

If your DH finds a coffee he loves, I recommend you buy whole beans, vacuum sealed, and take it home! You just can't find coffee that good here on the mainland IMHO. I actually order from coffee farms in Hawaii sometimes, to have it shipped to me. Mmmmmmm. :D

We ate at the new Eggs 'N Things last week and really enjoyed it. It can get quite busy and I'd estimate we waited about 30 minutes to be seated around 9am. We especially loved the omelets and our macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup!

As others also mentioned, Vintage Island Coffee has some nice choices and even the ABC/Island Country Market has some nice choices. They also sell the 100% Kona coffee there too.

Enjoy!
Heather

Moena Cafe in the somewhat new Ka Makana Ali'i shopping center is pretty good. You'll need a car, but the pancakes (banana chantilly!) and fried rice dishes are very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter