Breakfast suggestions- morning of departure.

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this would be best posted here or on the transportation forum, bc advice needed involves both factors: food + transportation logistics. Here goes......

We will be departing from POFQ. Our flight leaves 3:45pm from MCO
So, we will have to be back at POFQ by 3 hrs before the flight to get on DME
We are looking for a nice, end-of-trip breakfast for DD17, DH and myself.
No park entry required.
Not buffet bc DD and I don't eat enough at breakfast to make it worth the cost.
I'm concerned with transportation to and from breakfast bc I sure don't want to miss our DME bus.
I thought of a nice boat ride to DS but not many choices there for breakfast.
Thought of Olivia's at OKW but would mean going to DS then getting another boat to OKW (right?)
Kona or The Wave. Bus to MK then monorail or boat to Poly or CR. Does this sound like the best food with the least potential complications as far as using WDW transportation?
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Not sure if this would be best posted here or on the transportation forum, bc advice needed involves both factors: food + transportation logistics. Here goes......

We will be departing from POFQ. Our flight leaves 3:45pm from MCO
So, we will have to be back at POFQ by 3 hrs before the flight to get on DME
We are looking for a nice, end-of-trip breakfast for DD17, DH and myself.
No park entry required.
Not buffet bc DD and I don't eat enough at breakfast to make it worth the cost.
I'm concerned with transportation to and from breakfast bc I sure don't want to miss our DME bus.
I thought of a nice boat ride to DS but not many choices there for breakfast.
Thought of Olivia's at OKW but would mean going to DS then getting another boat to OKW (right?)
Kona or The Wave. Bus to MK then monorail or boat to Poly or CR. Does this sound like the best food with the least potential complications as far as using WDW transportation?
Any thoughts?
Wolfgang Pucks is a great breakfast. We have enjoyed it many times. You could also consider using Lyft/Uber and going someplace else. It won't cost much and you won't have to worry about time.

My DD13 and I had a departure day breakfast at Kona (macadamia nut pancakes!) We Ubered from POR and back for less than $20 including tip. It was a nice relaxing way to finish the trip, and we really didn’t need to eat much for the rest of the day.

Two NICE options for departure-day breakfast, which require not park admittance:
1) Trails End restaurant at Fort Wilderness (buffet)
2) The Wave at Contemporary (buffet or ala carte options).

We did Kona Cafe for our departure day breakfast last trip. We too did Uber. Easy Peasy and very yummy. We split a Tonga toast and a traditional breakfast so we got some of that awesome Tonga Toast without sugar overload! I think you have plenty of time but I don’t want to stress so Uber works for me.

The GFC is another option for breakfast. We had lunch there the last 2 trips and the menu is a combined breakfast & lunch. I suggest using taxi/Uber. Worth the money especially for going back to POFQ.
The DS boats start around 9:30 -10:00 but the buses run before that. . If you do pick Olivia's taxi or Uber. Only take a few minutes.
Their boat is at a different dock than the one POFQ and POR use. So you need to walk or use the DS water taxi to their dock.

Last edited:
Our favorite resort breakfasts are all right around MK. Hands down our absolute fav is Kona at the Poly. The food is awesome, but be prepared the service is notoriously bad. We also enjoy The Wave, which offers both buffet and a la carte options, which may work well for your family. Grand Floridian Cafe is also good and offers more "brunch" type options.

As far as transportation, with a bus to the airport to catch, I would never place my fate in Disney's hands. Take an uber to wherever you decide, from POFQ to the MK area it should definitely be less than $10 and well worth it!

DME changed the pick-up to 4 hours before a flight.
they did change it back to 3 hours.

I had a great experience at the Wave and have only done lunch at Kona but if it was my last day I would probably do Kona for the mimosa flight alone. I agree on the uber though trying to do multiple buses seems like too much time to spend on getting to and from breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter