Breakfast

Mrs Cox

Earning My Ears
Hello we go next year and have the quick service plan, we are first timers and wondered what people do for breakfast?
I’ve seen lots of the menus seem to offer bacon and eggs, waffles, omelettes etc but was wondering if the option to just get cereal or toast from somewhere? We are staying at the Caribbean beach so is this something we can get from there or any of the parks? Thanks

We would usually use a snack credit for breakfast and save the QS meals for lunch and dinner. Pastries in France, funnel cakes, Dole whips, giant cinnamon rolls, etc.

Generally, using your dining plan credits for breakfast is not a good use (financially) of credits. I try to keep my snack buys with the DDP at $5 or higher (more is better value for you) so if what I wanted on the breakfast menu for snacks for fairly low priced (a bagel, cereal, etc), I paid out of pocket for it.

Simple breakfast items like cereal and toast are pretty much best done at the resorts. I don't think the parks really offer that.

The resorts will have cereal (last year at POP) - $2.99. I call it the "cup" size. They also will charge you separately for the milk (you will buy a milk). Bananas $1.99 each. Two slices of bread were like 75 cents. At the value resorts they have toasters in their food court. (Butter and jelly is part of condiments and no charge). Not really best value for your snack credits. If someone in our party wants these items, I will pay out of pocket. As PP stated a good "value" for a snack credit is $5+ . They also have a "grab and go" section.

If you chose to have a "full" breakfast it would be 1 quick service credit.

The BOG breakfast is actually a good use of QS credit since it’s so expensive.

Caribbean Beach has a little bakery in their food court area where you can grab and go pastries and various stuff. Just pay for it OOP.

The resorts will have cereal (last year at POP) - $2.99. I call it the "cup" size. They also will charge you separately for the milk (you will buy a milk). Bananas $1.99 each. Two slices of bread were like 75 cents. At the value resorts they have toasters in their food court. (Butter and jelly is part of condiments and no charge). Not really best value for your snack credits. If someone in our party wants these items, I will pay out of pocket. As PP stated a good "value" for a snack credit is $5+ . They also have a "grab and go" section.

If you chose to have a "full" breakfast it would be 1 quick service credit.

Agree. And the full breakfast is usually about $8.99-$11.00. Still not a good use of a QS credit. I think BoG is probably the only good breakfast QS breakfast deal that I can think of off the top of my head.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. My 180 days are today and was trying to make a reservation for bog but my calendar is just highlighting my dates in blue and and not letting em do anything (on the laptop) the app page let’s me pick a date but then crashes and not working? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks again

Could it be a time difference - dependant on where you are based - for example although booking is available from 7am eastern time if you are based in the UK It would be 12pm before you can book.

Could it be a time difference - dependant on where you are based - for example although booking is available from 7am eastern time if you are based in the UK It would be 12pm before you can book.
Oh really thank you! I thought dinning was 7am uk time and 12 for fast passes. That’s what it will be then as only still 7.40 here - so glad I forbid up at 6 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter