Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

So is the idea that the tri state area is going to be banned forever because we don't have 0% cases? While Florida is allowing in people from many states that have a lot more cases, with no restrictions?

I wish I could answer you. It’s frustrating, I know. ☹️

Here's a link to the page the Covid hotline was probably talking about. No changes yet, but you can click here without having to do a bunch of searching and drilling down...

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/

Thanks! Great to have the actual link. :)

Actually, though, I figure I wont need to watch the hotline... I’ll just watch the DIS. News like this hits here faster than lightening! :teeth:

I don’t know what they will do for sure. She said to me , states may be added and some removed. So we have to see. On another board someone reported they were told the changes will be this weekend.
Still waiting. Every day I hope to hear of an adjustment to the EO.
If Desantis is going to move to updating the states from which he is expecting travelers to quarantine, he sure is taking his time. I mean, just watching the morning news will give him an overview of the current hot spots. I would think swift action to be the better option over dragging one's feet, especially in the midst of what FL residents are currently in. It doesn't seem that complicated a decision. Maybe I'm missing something.

If Desantis is going to move to updating the states from which he is expecting travelers to quarantine, he sure is taking his time. I mean, just watching the morning news will give him an overview of the current hot spots. I would think swift action to be the better option over dragging one's feet, especially in the midst of what FL residents are currently in. It doesn't seem that complicated a decision. Maybe I'm missing something.
I’ve given up and canceled! I’ve come to realize it’s not wise to travel right now, and I don’t think it’s wise for Disney to even be opening right now either, but that’s just my opinion. It’s too much stress than it’s worth!

I’ve given up and canceled! I’ve come to realize it’s not wise to travel right now, and I don’t think it’s wise for Disney to even be opening right now either, but that’s just my opinion. It’s too much stress than it’s worth!
It is stressful to say the least. Hope you get to go back when things are normal again.

We still have time to decide if we are going but if it’s true that DeSantis is supposedly going to update the states in his travel ban he sure is in no hurry. Which is concerning. If I were a FL resident I would be demanding to know why they are not being active against the states that are hotspots right now. Free range for hotspots to come into FL is unbelievable. Again it all points to political reasons for the slow response and changes .

Edit: Oops, meant to post this in a different thread.

This is what we experienced yesterday when flying home to NYC from Jackson, Wyoming with a layover in Utah. Since Utah is on the hotspot list, we assumed we everyone on the plane would need to fill out forms or give information, that didn't happen. We flew into JFK and as we walked off the plane, two people (not sure they were TSA) casually called out to ask if anyone was a resident of Utah. From what we observed, not one person stopped to give any information. I guess everyone on the plane could have just connected in Utah like we did, but it did seem very casual.

Last edited:
Here's a link to the page the Covid hotline was probably talking about. No changes yet, but you can click here without having to do a bunch of searching and drilling down...

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/
You may also google florida executive orders look for changes
The only 3 states with travel restrictions are at the recommended positivity rates. You would think before the opening of disney to the public this weekend they would want to make sure they
have their travel restrictions up to date..

The only 3 states with travel restrictions are at the recommended positivity rates. You would think before the opening of disney to the public this weekend they would want to make sure they
have their travel restrictions up to date..
You would think. It's mind-boggling that rationale that seems so painfully obvious to most here (and truthfully, ALL OVER social media, blogs, comments under news stories, etc) is somehow missed or ignored or thought of as "less important" by the persons in charge.

Take this as a grain of salt but in another forum a 2 different people had posted about their experience checking in at the resorts this week. Both flew in from a ny and nj airport boarded magical express and did online check in no one asked for any proof of quarantine or stopped them. Crazy.

Take this as a grain of salt but in another forum a 2 different people had posted about their experience checking in at the resorts this week. Both flew in from a ny and nj airport boarded magical express and did online check in no one asked for any proof of quarantine or stopped them. Crazy.
Not surprised. You really can't blame WDW for not wanting to police and enforce this EO when law enforcement (state and local) seems to be enforcing it with the equivalent of waving a feather. How would it play out if Disney found a Tri-State guest had checked in w/o the 14 day quarantine? Disney couldn't make them leave because the guests are now under quarantine, right? So does Disney make the guests stay put inside the resort room for the remainder of their stay (up to 14 days)? How is the guest fed while in the room? Does Disney station a CM outside the room to make sure guest doesn't leave? Nah, I don't think Disney wants to play "bad cop" in this when the state's own law enforcement doesn't even take anything close to a firm approach to upholding the EO.

Yea it didn't surprise me either. I had a feeling that was how it was going to be "handled". Here we are after 4pm eastern time on Saturday with MK and AK now open and yet still no changes or updates to reflect the much worse states with rising covid cases in the EO. Not surprised at all with this. Shameful and disgusting to not care about the people of FL or other visitors. Why is this not splashed all over the news? FL letting states come freely without quarantine orders that have huge spikes.

Yea it didn't surprise me either. I had a feeling that was how it was going to be "handled". Here we are after 4pm eastern time on Saturday with MK and AK now open and yet still no changes or updates to reflect the much worse states with rising covid cases in the EO. Not surprised at all with this. Shameful and disgusting to not care about the people of FL or other visitors. Why is this not splashed all over the news? FL letting states come freely without quarantine orders that have huge spikes.
crazy. I just don’t get it either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter