bridge GF to MK

Can you walk to Contemporary even if MK is closed? Say you had a late dinner reservation there...
I posted this up thread. The entire walkway closes after mk is clear of guests which happens about 2 hours after mk closes for the night, there are gates at both ends at gf and cr

I posted this up thread. The entire walkway closes after mk is clear of guests which happens about 2 hours after mk closes for the night, there are gates at both ends at gf and cr

I didn’t see it.

Thanks.

I was initially hoping that this would mean one could run from CR all the way around to the TTC and back; Disney really lacks running routes for people who want to more than a 1 mile jog. Maybe if I ran at night I'd be be able to make it all the way? But it sounds like early morning is a no go. I'm staying at BLT next week, perhaps I'll give it a trial 'run'!

I was initially hoping that this would mean one could run from CR all the way around to the TTC and back; Disney really lacks running routes for people who want to more than a 1 mile jog. Maybe if I ran at night I'd be be able to make it all the way? But it sounds like early morning is a no go. I'm staying at BLT next week, perhaps I'll give it a trial 'run'!
They’ll close the portion that is in front of the MK about 2 hours after the park closes. So you wouldn’t be able to run the entire route at night.

I actually hope people don’t try to turn this into a running route too often. The walkway from MK to CR is narrow enough and with social distancing it can be difficult to stay seperated just with people going back and forth to the parks. Adding in joggers will clog it up so much more. At least the path around the BW lake or even the walkway to HS is wide and can accommodate walkers and joggers. But this path is not going to be set up as a jogging path.

Not to derail the thread too much but you can run on the outside of the epcot resorts and then add the inner loop for more mileage, definitely more than a mile and the outside part has some little hills in it.
When i was training for the princess half i also loved going to fort wilderness

That's a bummer. The running route @ BLT/Contemporary is among my least favorite - basically a figure 8 around BLT and the garden wing. Just not very scenic and laps are not much fun. I did see them move the parking lot ferry back behind the Contemporary one morning @ dawn. That was interesting - I didn't know the boat could even fit in that canal. I do wonder why there isn't a running trail around the lake - doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult to build one, especially now that the GFV bridge is done.

Not to derail the thread too much but you can run on the outside of the epcot resorts and then add the inner loop for more mileage, definitely more than a mile and the outside part has some little hills in it.
When i was training for the princess half i also loved going to fort wilderness

Yeah, I know. But if you aren't staying at those hotels it's a chore to get there to run! I've done 14-17 miles from POFQ a couple of times---you need to head out on the roads and make your way to either OKW and run the golf path (early, in the dark) over to SSR and through Disney Spring OR make your way to FW campground and run every. single. loop. I've also squeeked a few miles out of the AKV parking lots by running loops and then up and back each row. Of course, when we stay at the epcot resorts there's no problem.

Most runners at Disney get their run in well before people are heading to the parks and aren't impeding the park visitors; it seems a shame to keep the path that goes from CR to MK all the way to TTC closed off. As others have said, the infrastructure here in cheap comparatively, and if they're going to insist on taking my money for races, I'd appreciate it if I could train for those races while there too!!

They’ll close the portion that is in front of the MK about 2 hours after the park closes. So you wouldn’t be able to run the entire route at night.

I actually hope people don’t try to turn this into a running route too often. The walkway from MK to CR is narrow enough and with social distancing it can be difficult to stay seperated just with people going back and forth to the parks. Adding in joggers will clog it up so much more. At least the path around the BW lake or even the walkway to HS is wide and can accommodate walkers and joggers. But this path is not going to be set up as a jogging path.

By night I meant within the two hours of close. And most runners would probably be on that path well before the park opens. Social distancing won't be forever. It just would be a nice thing for everyone at an MK resort to be able to walk all the way around.

Yeah, I know. But if you aren't staying at those hotels it's a chore to get there to run! I've done 14-17 miles from POFQ a couple of times---you need to head out on the roads and make your way to either OKW and run the golf path (early, in the dark) over to SSR and through Disney Spring OR make your way to FW campground and run every. single. loop. I've also squeeked a few miles out of the AKV parking lots by running loops and then up and back each row. Of course, when we stay at the epcot resorts there's no problem.

Most runners at Disney get their run in well before people are heading to the parks and aren't impeding the park visitors; it seems a shame to keep the path that goes from CR to MK all the way to TTC closed off. As others have said, the infrastructure here in cheap comparatively, and if they're going to insist on taking my money for races, I'd appreciate it if I could train for those races while there too!!
The problem is they don’t want people milling about in front of the MK. With the security screening area, the magic band touch points, etc. They don’t put gates up to block those things off. So they close the path between CR and MK and MK and GF and there’s no other way for people to loiter in front of the park. If that path were open it would lead to more problems and the need for more security staff there 24/7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter