bridge GF to MK

I'm sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know when this will be open? I doubt next month right????

Definitely not next month. There is still a lot to finish on this bridge, and then there is a second one they have to build and finally the path in between them.

I'm sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know when this will be open? I doubt next month right????
There isn't any real timeline, but I think it's safe to say it won't be before the end of the year. I would love to see it finished soon as I'll be there mid-December, but it's moving too slowly for that.

We were at t the GF all last week and went by the construction on the monorail every day. On two days there was a crew working on what I assume to be the rotation hub for the bridge. The bridge appears to be there waiting to be installed once the footing are put down and the rotation hub is complete 446338

Does anyone know if the path is open during construction? Like to just walk down a little way and back? Was it ever really open to walk? I never saw anyone on it, but I always joked we should but didn't know if they would let me on it.

Does anyone know if the path is open during construction? Like to just walk down a little way and back? Was it ever really open to walk? I never saw anyone on it, but I always joked we should but didn't know if they would let me on it.
No the path is not currently open.

It used to be open to walk, but you ended up at a dead end when you got to the canal.

It used to be open to walk, but you ended up at a dead end when you got to the canal.
Thanks, I never went, though I talked about it. I just never saw anyone down that way. I thought maybe it was just for looks. Might be a nice area to jog in the early morning for people staying at the Contemporary.

I'm still surprised that they have the bridge itself setting there ready to go this early in the project. Sounds like maybe the groundwork got delayed for some reason in the bridge itself got completed on schedule. That or somebody really screwed up the timeline.

I'm still surprised that they have the bridge itself setting there ready to go this early in the project. Sounds like maybe the groundwork got delayed for some reason in the bridge itself got completed on schedule. That or somebody really screwed up the timeline.
I was thinking along the same line. In all of the pictures that I have seen posted I have yet to see one with anyone actually working. Could be coincidence but then again it may not be a priority at this point.

No this is not a priority. I have speculated before, and the more I look at maps the more I believe there is another intention behind this swing bridge. Just North of the bridge on the west side of the canal is a large amount of land. After reflections is complete this goes as my official GUESS as to where the next DVC will be built. Biggest attraction is walking distance to MK. I have always felt the biggest single attraction on DVC resort is location and this would be a very large attraction.

No this is not a priority. I have speculated before, and the more I look at maps the more I believe there is another intention behind this swing bridge. Just North of the bridge on the west side of the canal is a large amount of land. After reflections is complete this goes as my official GUESS as to where the next DVC will be built. Biggest attraction is walking distance to MK. I have always felt the biggest single attraction on DVC resort is location and this would be a very large attraction.

Yes, another site’s insider has mentioned within the last 12 months that a “Magic Kingdom” themed resort (Kingdom Tower? An old idea being resurrected) being looked at for close to the park. This would all line up perfectly.

Since Disney loves to reuse basic designs (lobbies for GF, WL, AKL), I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Gran Destino style tower in that spot as the new flagship resort - and would finally offer views directly into the MK without a giant parking lot in the way. I’m sure they would bill it as competition for the Four Seasons but would still perform well under the FS in service and amenities. That view though...

I am def on board with a new resort... Disney doesn't just throw money around for nothing ... it always has a meaning and sometimes it takes a year or two to actually find out the truth... they are testing the markets on pricing in all aspects and I firmly believe they are wanting to really push the boundaries with a place that is truly for the "rich and famous".

All those people that want to stay in the castle......certainly building a new Castle themed resort could push many of the right buttons for people, especially if walking distance to the MK.
I still think they need a downtown disney/boardwalk type area near the MK.

I hope some indication of quicker progress on this starts to come. Being able to walk to the MK would help me justify finally doing a stay at the GF. I have a trip I'd like to plan for late next year but I like to plan earlier but don't want to chance it without knowing for sure when this will open.

I don't think there is any real urgency on the bridge. I think the entrance project timeline is the limiting factor. I suspect the bridge will be up and functional, long before the rest of the path is set to be public ready.

I purposely planned my April/May trip around hopefully seeing certain projects, such as this, complete by then. Although progressing slowly, I would assume this to be complete by May 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter