bridge GF to MK

I'd certainly hate to be in a manual wheelchair and tragic opera down that ram

True story. Few years ago DW was in a wheelchair due to a tragic sports related Miniature Golf accident, and my daughter was pushing her on the BLT/CR bridge. She let go and DW and the wheelchair shot off and collided with the side a few times before I was able to catch her. We all laughed and laughed, and then laughed some more; well except for one grumpy lady! Ah good times, good memories.

True story. Few years ago DW was in a wheelchair due to a tragic sports related Miniature Golf accident, and my daughter was pushing her on the BLT/CR bridge. She let go and DW and the wheelchair shot off and collided with the side a few times before I was able to catch her. We all laughed and laughed, and then laughed some more; well except for one grumpy lady! Ah good times, good memories.

I have never met anyone who was seriously injured playing miniature golf. I'm afraid to ask, but I will anyway. How did that happen?

I have never met anyone who was seriously injured playing miniature golf. I'm afraid to ask, but I will anyway. How did that happen?
There was actually a child I believe who was killed playing miniature golf when he stepped into water to retrieve his ball and was electrocuted. I recall that story and it has always horrified me.

My DW's "tragic MG related injury" was tounge in cheek for a badly twisted ankle requiring 6 months of physical therapy, and still gives her fits from time to time. It was a hilly uneven surface MG course in Lake of the Ozarks, and she wasn't paying attention while walking. She also did almost the same thing on our Bocce Ball courts in our 55+ Community. I now have stock in a bubble wrap company.

My DW's "tragic MG related injury" was tounge in cheek for a badly twisted ankle requiring 6 months of physical therapy, and still gives her fits from time to time. It was a hilly uneven surface MG course in Lake of the Ozarks, and she wasn't paying attention while walking. She also did almost the same thing on our Bocce Ball courts in our 55+ Community. I now have stock in a bubble wrap company.
Don't take her to Hillbilly Golf in Gatlinburg unless you want to get rid of her. pirate: Both courses there are played coming down the hill after you ride a tram to the top.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

One photo shows a start of what I gather will eventually be a spur. Looking at google maps, the dirt access road end at Floridian Way. There really is nothing there or anywhere near by. Wonder what kind of future construction Disney has in back of their minds?

One photo shows a start of what I gather will eventually be a spur. Looking at google maps, the dirt access road end at Floridian Way. There really is nothing there or anywhere near by. Wonder what kind of future construction Disney has in back of their minds?
Interesting observation. That being said, whatever was in the back of their minds is a whole lot farther back than it was a year ago.

That dirt access road has always gone to Floridian way. It is a maintenance path, but the land that the path is on right next to the MK is prime buildable land. I see in the future a luxury hotel there on the monorail with a very short walk to the MK. There is also a prime buildable piece of land just above Bay Lake Tower, that was originally supposed to be a hotel built there on the monorail too. They did a big expansion of Floridian Way, so something big was supposed to happen to justify it.

Last edited:
That dirt access road has always gone to Floridian way. It is a maintenance path, but the land that the path is on right next to the MK is prime buildable land. I see in the future a luxury hotel there on the monorail with a very short walk to the MK. There is also a prime buildable piece of land just above Bay Lake Tower, that was originally supposed to be a hotel built there on the monorail too. They did a big expansion of Floridian Way, so something big was supposed to happen to justify it.
I have been been predicting this for years and many on this thread have consistently down played the idea. I agree that this land is too valuable to not have some major plans. I still stand by my prediction of a luxury DVC. I can see the Reflections DVC being totally scraped for a sure fire success at this location once COVID is in the rear view mirror.

Rumor from Magic Feather over on WDWMagic is that the walkway and boat dock will open sometime this weekend. Could be as soon as tomorrow or as late as Sunday.
Not surprising. It looks basically done. I would imagine they want it done for the thanksgiving rush.

Rumor from Magic Feather over on WDWMagic is that the walkway and boat dock will open sometime this weekend. Could be as soon as tomorrow or as late as Sunday.

I hope they’re right!! I have not seen that rumor anywhere on the blogs. Would be a nice surprise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter