bridge GF to MK

It's not pretty but there technically is a sidewalk under the water bridge already.

If they did more of a path over on that side they could connect from TTC towards Wilderness Lodge (& thus connecting to Reflections and Ft Wilderness too). A simple sidewalk extension from there towards Contemporary is doable.

I'm getting old, it's bigger than I remember and it's on the correct side. Like you said though, it's not pretty but that could be easily taken care of.

Last edited:

I wonder if you could use a small gondola system to bridge the gap there?

Biggest problem with that is it would take CM's to run. Don't think they would want to add continuous wage to the project. The swing bridge would only need a technician there when they need it open for the time it takes to get boats in/out.

Ugh. Disney is missing the PERFECT opportunity to finally incorporate The Rocketeer in to their theme parks (no, a snack shop at HS does not count). They could provide guests with jet packs to carry them across the waterway.

giphy.gif

tumblr_o951fzaEk21tdkro1o4_250.gif

;)

Please only post photos that are yours or link the the site they are from. Some sites are not allowed here.

I understand, sorry about that. Are you allowed to say why the site is blocked? It is one of the only sites I get news from.
The site doesn’t have a great reputation. While they do have good photo reports there are just as good or better news sites elsewhere including the site we are on right now.

The site doesn’t have a great reputation. While they do have good photo reports there are just as good or better news sites elsewhere including the site we are on right now.
I don't see how they have a bad reputation. But thank you! Do you know of any other sites that do good photo reports?

Once this bridge is complete, and you can walk from MK, where is it going to put you at GF? The current walkway goes to Floridian Way, which doesn't have any 'nice' access to GF. Are they going to build another bridge over the other canal right next to GF? But then that will put you on the backside of Sago Cay. Or they connect to the parking from the Business Center. It would seem they would need to do all this work prior to allowing folks to walk.

Once this bridge is complete, and you can walk from MK, where is it going to put you at GF? The current walkway goes to Floridian Way, which doesn't have any 'nice' access to GF. Are they going to build another bridge over the other canal right next to GF? But then that will put you on the backside of Sago Cay. Or they connect to the parking from the Business Center. It would seem they would need to do all this work prior to allowing folks to walk.
Yes, the permit says there will be a fixed bridge over the canal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter