Brief report on Friday’s crowds

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I arrived at the park later than usual today. so crowds seemed thick. But once I got into Fantasyland, I found that Mr. Toad was about a two-minute wait and Dumbo about eight. Not bad, since I missed rope drop. As soon as I got on the freeway by the place, I hit stop-and-go traffic for about three miles. There’d been an accident, apparently so I arrived at the park gates at around 8:20. Oh well. Perhaps I’ll make up for it on Sunday.

Generally, crowds were far better than expected. However, after speaking with a CM at Town Hall, I learned that they’re expected to get crazy in the next week so plan accordingly.

A few park pics.

Woo hoo! 5,435th in the park! ;-).
D8448E8B-40C2-430C-9BF4-D365AAA8AB7A.jpeg

ADB2D163-E55A-4350-864F-5BBAB08C6CF2.jpeg

3EC95293-1B13-420B-95A3-6D9DD971B86D.jpeg

I came specifically to see them make the hand-rolled candy canes.
B5F12AD3-A659-49F1-B924-D3E4C04DD645.jpeg

85B1DAB9-C941-4B16-8C0A-22FA518A1B2C.jpeg

365AD23F-A237-49CF-815A-3C99F32F4BD3.jpeg

7B4BFBAA-8AEC-4C64-929D-949711608146.jpeg

1B36E959-6119-4FCC-8C95-F25CB62ECF9D.jpeg

85B1DAB9-C941-4B16-8C0A-22FA518A1B2C.jpeg

F8A6AF75-64EF-4FBE-96FB-581D5F9314B3.jpeg

Last edited:

And a few more pics.
66B1D842-0B48-4B69-8DAD-83C65FD74F21.jpeg

On Buzz Lightyear, I broke 1M on both guns. I’d hoped on the first that I’d scored 2M. However, as many of you know, once you pass 1M, the cruiser score merely dispalys 999999. You have to keep score/track in your head. Why is that a problem? Because there’s such a thing, on this attraction, as too high of a score. If you exceed approx. 2,096,000, your score resets; you start back at zero. It’s happened to me many, many times and it’s always supremely frustrating. The other side of the problem, then, of course, is that you can’t always tell if you’ve hit a target. Did that 10,000 count? Who knows? When you come out and see a measly 1.8M, you know you lost count and messed it up. Oh well. I often joke with a friend that I get far more aggravation than satisfaction from this attraction. Although now that I think of it, it’s probably not much of a joke ;-).
8485778D-DC19-43CC-BD0A-A82679FCC1D2.jpeg

6666478D-0590-4F52-AB05-DE0A394CA739.jpeg

Second park visit in a row when I was absolutely crushing it not even halfway into the round and the attraction shut down.
56E817E2-D932-44CD-81A3-2667EBD077CE.jpeg

CD6E9B4E-673A-44ED-83C1-B316349F76CC.jpeg

The Main Street train station made up for the Candlelight Processional.
A0BBB8BF-88F1-4983-AE3E-BF91B4E6FBBD.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the photos of the candy cane making!
Do you visit the parks over the holidays or take a break due to crowds? We will be there the 26-31st!
Actually, I always go home to Chicago for the holidays. This year I leave LA on Dec 17. This makes a Signature+ AP unnecessary. I’m told, though, that Christmas week isn’t too bad because all passes are blocked except for Sig+.

... I’m told, though, that Christmas week isn’t too bad because all passes are blocked except for Sig+.
Actually, Christmas Week is one of the busiest times of the year in the parks, having capacity gate closures two days on average. And that's with most of the lower APs blocked! So there may not be many passholders in the parks, but there are plenty of day ticket guests. We visit the parks every year during that week, and it is plenty busy. And a different kind of busy since the majority of guests are not passholders and aren't always familiar with the parks.

Actually, Christmas Week is one of the busiest times of the year in the parks...
Which, of course, makes absolute sense. A few years ago the Fresh Baked folks posted a park video shot on Christmas Eve, as I recall. Crowds were light... at least in the morning. Perhaps later they got slammed :-).

Great pics! I also think about you every time we ride Buzz. Ha!

We are going next weekend Friday through Sunday before our Flex APs are blocked for one final Christmas trip, and I’m prepared for crowds. Fortunately we also went on a lighter weekend in November and got a lot holiday of stuff done, including the parade. We will be rope dropping Saturday and Sunday and using max pass 💯!!!!

Great pics! I also think about you every time we ride Buzz. Ha!
Thank you! That kind of thing is always nice to hear. As a matter of fact, I broke 2M on my first game of today.

24FDE23D-7C35-4B7B-B4FF-A9FE6D240085.jpeg

EE199E82-FE63-4824-B2AB-9AB7EC2B41FF.jpeg

We are going next weekend Friday through Sunday before our Flex APs are blocked for one final Christmas trip, and I’m prepared for crowds. Fortunately we also went on a lighter weekend in November and got a lot holiday of stuff done, including the parade. We will be rope dropping Saturday and Sunday and using max pass 💯!!!!

I’m here at the park now and crowds are actually pretty good; relatively light. Hopefully that holds out for your visit. By all means, feel free to find me and say hello at Sunday’s rope drop. I’m always on the right side of the hub... as you look at the castle.

Thank you! That kind of thing is always nice to hear. As a matter of fact, I broke 2M on my first game of today.

View attachment 457569

View attachment 457570

I’m here at the park now and crowds are actually pretty good; relatively light. Hopefully that holds out for your visit. By all means, feel free to find me and say hello at Sunday’s rope drop. I’m always on the right side of the hub... as you look at the castle.

2 MM is awesome! I made it to level 4 last time and that was an accomplishment. Ha!

That’s our rope drop side as well.... we’ll definitely keep an eye for you!

Wow... we were in DCA Friday and DL on Saturday so once again, we have missed you! I tried to do the WonkaKid thing and pick up park maps. I managed to grab DCA and the Festival of Holidays but then forgot to get DL maps so I gave up. Perhaps next time....

The rain on Friday was lovely. We had a wonderful time being the only ones walking around Grizzly Peak area. Supremely peaceful!

We did not even try for CP Saturday... in fact we purposely stayed away just to not have to deal with it.

... We did not even try for CP Saturday... in fact we purposely stayed away just to not have to deal with it.
It seemed to be better organized this year -- not as much chaos and more CMs directing traffic both in and out of Town Square. We had an easier time finding spots. Walked up about 5 minutes before the end of the parade and found spots behind the rope. Having more CMs to direct traffic seemed to help.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!