~~Bring your own stroller or rent one~~

We have always rented in the past. However, since we will be bringing our 2 year olds and the WDW strollers don't recline, we are bringing our own double stroller on our next trip.

When DS was 1 we brought out Peg Stroller. It was nice to have him comfortably sleeping in his stroller, but it was tough taking everything out of the below cage and folding it up for the bus rides.

As DS got older, WDW brought in new/newer strollers and he liked them. So, it was easier not to bring our own stroller.

My recommendation is to bring your stroller for non-park events, and rent a stroller for in-park. The best of all worlds. :flower:

When we lived up north and had to fly, we brought our own and would gate check the stroller...having the stroller was a big help in the airport. It also was a help once we arrived at WDW as we didn't have the expense of renting one and always had our own more comfy stroller in and out of the parks. We now live in FL and still use our own as it's less expensive, more comfy (unlike those hard plastic ones they rent) and we use them around the resorts as well as in the parks....can't imagine having to carry a 20 month old around the resort everywhere and she's not ready to walk long distances ....we like to get where we're going without it taking forever. I can't see spending what is it? $7 per day? By the time you rent for the week you could have bought another stroller. Unless you have an older child who would be too heavy for most strollers I'd bring my own. JMO:scratchin

FWIW, packing up the stroller to get on the bus is no more of a pain the neck then having to carry most of what we keep in the basket of the stroller for longer than just the bus ride.

We're renting from a baby's best friend. :) www.abbf.com

Found out about them here on the DIS. We're driving and there's no way our stroller would fit.

Hi,
Depending on when you go, the DIS has it's own stroller that strolls WDW in the hands of DISers 365 days a year! The current stroller has been in use since March and is great for ages 3-6. In my signature is a link that has the rules, pics and dates available. If you have any questions just ask away!!!

I rented at the WDW parks and am very happy I did. I didn't at all mind carrying our 5 year old and 2.5 year old from the exits to the buses. That was a lot better than trying to fit the folded-up stroller into over-crowded buses, and then up the stairs to our 2nd floor Caribbean Beach Resort room.

Again, I'm very happy with my decision to rent. It was $8/day single, $15/day double, you get $1 Disney Dollar backl when you return it each day (or save it all up for the end of your trip), plus an up-front 10% discount for multi-day rentals. I have lots more to say but I'm in a rush. Let me know if you want more info or more of my loudmouth opinion. :)

-- Eric :earsboy:

I agree with those who say bring your own. I liked having it for downtown disney, and since we were staying at CR, for the walk to and from MK.

what do you think of 2 umbrella strollers (we have 2 babies)? any suggestions on a good one?

traci said:
what do you think of 2 umbrella strollers (we have 2 babies)? any suggestions on a good one?
I find the handles too short for a lot of walking. Also depending on the age of your babies they are not good for their backs ~ especially extended use. I have rented and brought my own. I have a Graco side-by-side double stroller and love it! My kids are now 8 and almost 6 and we still use from time to time (DS8 has mild case of CP)

I recommend either renting or bringing a very sturdy stroller

Teresa :flower:

Hi,
If your "babies" are still napping I would definately
bring your own. The disney one's are hard plastic,
not comfy to small kids and for naps. Here is a pic
of a Disney stroller at MK we had to rent when ours
broke. Here is another link to the stroller info page on All ears.
it has some more pics and info. Good luck

Id bring your own, especially with a real young one. Youll want one around the resorts, DTD, etc and you wont want to take a sleeping child out of one to return it, then have to carry the child to transportation.

alison

We've done it all....brought our own double stroller (too large and cumbersome)

Rented from ABBF. Decent service, but stroller was a little "cheap" I thought. Didn't seem real sturdy.

By far, the winner is to rent in the park. I rent a stroller for the length of stay on our first day (you can do that) and they manuver so much easier, they are heavy duty without being cumbersome, and you never have to worry about it getting lost or stolen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter