Bringing an Aunt who I will be getting a wheelchair for... Questions??

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
Anything I should know about the lines or Que's (not spelled right I know)? We are doing a full day of Epcot and MK only for the Pirate and Princess party.

We are also doing Seaworld and Gatorland if anyone knows anything about those parks. I already reserved one at Seaworld when I bought her ticket.

She can walk, but not for very long and she walks with a cane for support. She has had multiple knee surgeries and still has a lot of problems with it.

Any hints or anything will help. The resort should be fine for walking and the zero entry pool at AKl is even better.

11 days til we leave.

I would suggest you start off by looking at the "disABILITIES FAQ" whiich is one of the first items in the forum. It has lots of advaice and useful links.

I did read there but wasn't sure if there was anything else I needed to know. I've traveled wiht large groups and wiht kids of all ages but never like this. I know it shouldn't be too different but I'm sure it is.

Are you bringing a wheelchair with you or will you be renting down in Orlando.
If you are planning on only renting at the parks, I'd suggest you seriously consider getting one from an off-site company so you have it for the resort too. AKL is huge.
There is information in the disABILITIES FAQs thread about places to rent from.

As far as queues, all are wheelchair accessible, so she will be able to bring the wheelchair into lines with her.

we're just planning on renting in the parks. AKL isn't that big and we'll just be entering the lodge and taking the elevator to the 6th floor right inside. I've stayed there before. I am guaranteed the 6th floor room so wlaking down the halls will be a non-issue for us. The furthest she'll have to walk is the bus stop or the pool.

Also, she can walk, doesn't have any help at home with walking besides the cane but it is the all day walking and standing in lines that will kill her and make her need the wheelchair.

I'm happy to read that she can bring it in the queues with us. It will be easir that way. We don't need any special service, just someplace for her to sit down and rest her leg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter