• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing children from NY

I don't know that I have any helpful advice, but maybe this bump will help you find someone who does. We were there just this past week and flew from Texas, so we had a two hour time difference. Our girls are four and two and they handled it without any problem at all. With the flight and the off-schedule snacks and meals and the sheer excitement of being in Disneyland, I think your body just loses track of what time it's supposed to be. Just get to bed whenever everyone is tired that first night, and I bet you'll be on California time by morning. Granted, I'm talking off-season so we weren't having to get up at 6:00am. But we did get to the gates at 8:30 for early entry with no problem. And both of my girls typically sleep until 8:00am. They were up with the sun this trip!

Thank you. I should mention that we are planning to go in March and my older DD will have to go back to school a few days after the trip. We would come home on a Friday so she could rest over the weekend and maybe do some homework she missed.

ADisneyQueen said:
How do your children handle the 3 hour time difference? Our DDs will be 9 and 5. Any advice?
ADisneyQueen,
We generally don't plan anything later than 8pm the first night. :teeth:

I think I have more trouble than my DS, though. He seems to be able to sleep better. I typically wake up at 4am in the morning the next day. (It's great for taking advantage of early entry) The whole family appreciates taking a break in the afternoon so that we can stay up for the fireworks and later evening shows. We just gradually stay up later in the evenings.

Good luck!

-DC :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter