Bringing food back in suitcase

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
I'm going to wdw with my sister and leaving the kids for the first time. I have a huge amount of snacks requested to bring back. Has anyone had trouble packing snacks in their suitcase and checking it in? I don't want my snacks ransacked by the luggage handlers!

Thank in advance.

Hi @mefordis, FYI, moved your post to the Transportation board. The folks here chat about transportation and airline related topics so should be able to help.

As long as it’s not liquid I’ve always put it in my carry on. We brought back flame tree bbq sauce last time and I wrapped it in several Disney bags and put it in my checked bag and it was fine

My girls want cupcakes and stuff like that. I know - I they may not travel well but we'll see! I have to find some cylinders to put them in so they don't get flattened.

It won't be a problem. Bring some food storage containers with you to prevent things from getting smashed

I think you should probably tell them to think of other sancks.
Perhaps they don't realize how much of a disgusting mess a cupcake will be after its in a checked luggage.
Go with things like cookies or Disney packaged snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!